You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash cards

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat
I see a leading irish bookie has introduced a cash card just like a bank card that you can use to withdraw money from your account, just wondering will sky introduce something like this? And is it something players would be interested in?

I know I would be anyway and I think it would be quite a good advertising tool as well. Every time people use their sky mastercard or visa to pay for the petrol (or new audi if you're matt bates) then cashiers and shoppers think "if he can win maybe I can" and starts conversations about playing/winning online.

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Think it would have to be a Skybet card. There's a tight budget at the minute.( Reading between lines )
  • edited January 2017
    Well yeah it's all one account anyway so sky bet, sky vegas or sky poker....could call it what they want or have all three on it.
  • edited January 2017
    Not sure about a cash card jds, but a separate wallet for each of Sky's platforms would be great,

Ed.
  • edited January 2017
    This is getting to be pretty standard on other sites now, I would assume it is in the pipeline
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Cash cards:
    Not sure about a cash card jds, but a separate wallet for each of Sky's platforms would be great,                                   Ed.
    Posted by edrich
    Separate wallets used to be the norm, Ed, but current thinking is that a common Wallet works better.

I would be very surprised indeed if SB&G reverted to separate wallets. XSell is a very important part of their business philosophy.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Cash cards : Separate wallets used to be the norm, Ed, but current thinking is that a common Wallet works better. I would be very surprised indeed if SB&G reverted to separate wallets. XSell is a very important part of their business philosophy.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ah yes, that makes sense Tikay, thanks.
  • edited January 2017
    This is getting to be pretty standard on other sites now, I would assume it is in the pipeline
    Posted by MrWh1te

I would assume not. In fact I'd wager its not even on the radar.
  • edited January 2017
    I can't imagine any reason why seperate wallets would be preferable anyway. I've used sites with seperate wallets before and it's just a pain in the @ss having to transfer funds around when you wanna use a different service, why wouldn't you want it all in 1 place.
  • edited January 2017
    I can't imagine any reason why seperate wallets would be preferable anyway. I've used sites with seperate wallets before and it's just a pain in the @ss having to transfer funds around when you wanna use a different service, why wouldn't you want it all in 1 place.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Just a personal preference really Lambert. Although if I had them, then I might find them just as much of a pain as you did. Who knows.

Instead of a wallet for each platform, then how about just separate wallets covering the whole SB&G site? Would that satisfy the xsell requirement that Tikay mentioned?

Also, I have always been very protective of my poker balance, more so than any other of my financial balances. At one stage, if I had a sports bet, once the outcome was known, I would deposit or withdraw straight away to reset the balance. Hence my preference for separate wallets,

Have a good day,
                                                                 Ed.