You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hi/lo bink or cash.( Abandoned, frosty in places )

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat
I thought all low stakes hi/lo Omaha tournaments are played blind, or am I being to cynical?

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Most players are aware of Annette Obrestad's bink in a tourney where she played the whole tourney blind.
    Would it be possible to bink or cash a hi lo tourney on here playing blind?Would it be more difficult in hi lo than two card luck box game?
    If you were to play 2or3 tournies blind ( cheapos) and be truthful with your finishing positions.( scruples )
    Any takers?
  • edited January 2017
    how would you do this online?
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: hi/lo bink or cash challenge.:
    how would you do this online?
    Posted by stokefc
    stick a post it note or something similar over your hole cards and if you always have the same seat it should work I would imagine
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to hi/lo bink or cash challenge.:
    Most players are aware of Annette Obrestad's bink in a tourney where she played the whole tourney blind. Would it be possible to bink or cash a hi lo tourney on here playing blind?Would it be more difficult in hi lo than two card luck box game? If you were to play 2or3 tournies blind ( cheapos) and be truthful with your finishing positions.( scruples ) Any takers?
    Posted by chilling
    Do you not do this already
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to hi/lo bink or cash challenge. : Do you not do this already
    Posted by stuarty117
    Yes
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: hi/lo bink or cash challenge. : stick a post it note or something similar over your hole cards and if you always have the same seat it should work I would imagine
    Posted by scouse_red
    whats gonna happen when u av a table change ? move the stickys? bit awkward
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: hi/lo bink or cash challenge. : Yes
    Posted by chilling
    Thought so
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: hi/lo bink or cash challenge. : whats gonna happen when u av a table change ? move the stickys? bit awkward
    Posted by stokefc
    Am i the only one that locks in the same seat on each table? 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to hi/lo bink or cash challenge.:
    Would it be more difficult in hi lo than two card luck box game? 
    Posted by chilling
    I think it would be a lot easier in PLO8 than NLHE. You could get an idea by the board texture and reactions of players when opponents were likely drawing to low hands etc. Also the split pot element might save us some of the times it goes wrong. I think a big challenge would be getting a decent stack and making it to the FT. Once there you could apply pressure even more according to the payout structure. 

I don't fancy doing it as it is obviously less than optimal but it isn't the worst idea as it can help develop positional sense and help improve our understanding of when it is optimal to apply pressure etc.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: hi/lo bink or cash challenge. : whats gonna happen when u av a table change ? move the stickys? bit awkward
    Posted by stokefc
    Yeah but if you're on the same seat every time you wouldn't have to move the post it note
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to hi/lo bink or cash challenge. : I think it would be a lot easier in PLO8 than NLHE. You could get an idea by the board texture and reactions of players when opponents were likely drawing to low hands etc. Also the split pot element might save us some of the times it goes wrong. I think a big challenge would be getting a decent stack and making it to the FT. Once there you could apply pressure even more according to the payout structure.  I don't fancy doing it as it is obviously less than optimal but it isn't the worst idea as it can help develop positional sense and help improve our understanding of when it is optimal to apply pressure etc.
    Posted by markycash
    I was wondering whether it was possible, thats all.
    I think Stuarty may have notes on me. Unbelievable.
  • edited January 2017
    playing blind lol   u be playing super aggro everyhand then as u dont know your cards u be looking at hand historys all the time yo see what u had folded would tilt me 
  • edited January 2017
    With very very limited knowledge of Omaha hi lo I would guess that it would be easier to do it in no limit Omaha hi lo than no limit hold em.

But more difficult to do in pot limit Omaha hi lo than both.

The whole theory revolves around exploiting fold equity and when there's a limit on how much we can bet our fold equity is reduced.

???

• edited January 2017
    I thought all low stakes hi/lo Omaha tournaments are played blind, or am I being to cynical?
    Posted by Snuffer
    isnt it the opposite, players only look at their cards, and are do not care about action/consequences.

to answer OP, the primary mechanism for winning low stakes PLO8 is value betting, the other issue is most pots are multiway way and players dont fold when they have something even when its obvious their drawing, so not knowing your cards isnt going to go well.

why not give it a go next thurs chilling, you will find you get check raised alot!
  • edited January 2017
    Now the cats outta the bag chilli

I lock my seat in too
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: hi/lo bink or cash challenge. : isnt it the opposite, players only look at their cards, and are do not care about action/consequences. to answer OP, the primary mechanism for winning low stakes PLO8 is value betting, the other issue is most pots are multiway way and players dont fold when they have something even when its obvious their drawing, so not knowing your cards isnt going to go well. why not give it a go next thurs chilling, you will find you get check raised alot!
    Posted by suzy666
    Hi Suzy, i was wondering whether it was possible to bink or cash playing blind in plo8. Probably a mistake to ask if anyone wanted to try it, as few ploppers post on the forums, apart from the obvious ones. I certainly wouldn't tell anyone the day i might try it, as they may think ive just sailed down the Thames on a slice of toast. My prize for the best effort was going to be myself not posting on the forum for a month.
    May get some takers now.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: hi/lo bink or cash.( Abandoned, frosty in places ):
    In
    Posted by Jac35
    Good jac, im hoping for a record thread.