You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mtts or cash what do u prefer? can u make a living just playing mtts as variance is so high

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat
Lately i been playing mtts i prefer mtts to cash  

Everyday i will join list on cash tables 20 nl - 50 nl 6 tables but when they pop up to play my anxiety goes thru the roof not because im not rlled or scared to play these games i just dont know why tbh can any 1 explain ?

But when it comes to playing mtts id happily play a £11 - £33 mtt and i dont tilt when i lose in a mtt just dust myself down and start again but on cash if i lose a few buy ins does get to me that probably why i dont play cash that much 

Comments

• edited January 2017
    The MTT variance if you are talking sky only isn't that high due to the field sizes. However you will struggle to make a living by just playing sky MTTs. Based on a UK average salary and based on 2016 scope leaderboard you need to be top 10-15 players to be making an average uk salary (allowing for winnings being tax free). However if that's all you are doing I would suggest you could be doing something with a better long term future rather than playing full time.

In terms of MTT variance you just need to ensure you have a few months bill money in reserve and sufficient BR so you don't have to drop stakes if you go on a bad run. If you are adding in other sites then is generally a lot more variance given field sizes.
  • edited January 2017
    well put yeah sky mtts not as many runners as other sites so easier to cash  but i prefer mtts on here as when u play on sky u pretty much know every 1 on the tables when u been on here a while like u and me have u know pretty much every 1 u played against got notes on them etc  

on other sites yeah u get hundreds play even thousands so u are playing with no notes on players so alot harder