You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£110 BH hi-roller rollercoaster

edited February 2017 in Brags, Beats and Variance
So today started as normal i played a few dyms, crushed then crashed as normal. then i decided to play a few mtt's things went ok a few cashes here and there. but i've been feeling ill the last few days, theres a nasty bug going round the family, so i decided to unreg all the mtt's i was left in and go to bed .(this being about 17:30)

21:30 i recieve a message saying Hi-roller???? 

id only gone and left myself regged for the all in free roll and won a seat. i quickly load the pc up and get to the table to find ive got 1.3k ish chips left. time to start shoving :)

an hour and a half later im sat on the bubble (13th/19) with a medium stack of around 25k. i've taken a bounty. there are 2 short stacks on another table with around 8.5-9k each 

mtt players will know better than me, but long term i have to go with this here right? play for the win not the min cash despite the min cash being decent in terms of overall % of my br

well anyway i had an enjoyable evening regardless. thought id share :)

Comments

• edited January 2017
    UL,This could go in the Clinic forum.
  • edited January 2017
    It would have to be a decent % of my BR for me to be folding here or I would have to have some kind of read that our opponent was super super tight. I think we are dominating enough and flipping sometimes and its spots like this which gives our great chance for a very deep run.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: £110 BH hi-roller rollercoaster:
    It would have to be a decent % of my BR for me to be folding here or I would have to have some kind of read that our opponent was super super tight. I think we are dominating enough and flipping sometimes and its spots like this which gives our great chance for a very deep run.
    Posted by MattBates
    i think it worked out to be about 15% increase to my BR
  • edited February 2017
    You can try and fold to the money if its that significant to your roll. I think in a game like you are in the players around you will notice you are trying to do that and you will get bullied a fair bit which might mean you may struggle to get ITM.