You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum Fun Comps

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat

No prizes this time, but I hope you'll spare a few moments to read this.

Tomorrow sees the 27th & last of the Fun Comps around the Bounty Hunter Champion Promo, so time to mention a few things.

First up, thank you to everyone for taking part in the spirit intended. 27 different comps, hundreds of unique entries, some £3,000 worth of prizes, & only ONE complaint about the judging & results, which was made to the Office direct & quickly resolved. Great stuff, well done all.

Next up, what a great job Chris (scouse_red) did. His collated tables, all in correct order, saved me hours & hours of work, & made it easier for everyone to see the entries. Heaven knows how much time he spent on this. Without him, it would not have been one tenth as good.

Also aussie09,  aka Rob, allowed us to use his site to access the results. We could have managed without that, but Sky Poker don’t publish the results until mid-afternoon sometimes, & in these Comps, people like to know the result asap. It enabled me to get the results & prizes settled nice & early, too. Rob updates his results before 6am most mornings, so that was very useful for me.

Well played to Sam & James at Sky Towers, too, who agreed to the £2,800 spend before the Promo started. As it turned out, many of the renewals overlaid, so the spend was far less in the end. But just because they overlaid does not mean they have to give seats away. A fine Community gesture by Sky.

As  a small token of appreciation, Chris (scouse_red) & Rob (aussie09) will both be playing the Bounty Hunter Champion High Roller tomorrow (Saturday) as guests of Sky Poker. Thoroughly deserved imo, & I hope there will be a good “rail” for them both.

Comments

• edited January 2017

We had lots of new posters – good – so welcome aboard to all of them.

Some of them though only made entries & did not contribute anything else to the Forum.

I get that, not all of us are any cop at Forum stuff, but the idea of Community Comps is to drive more Forum engagement, get more of you to be regulars on the Forum.  

So how about you give it a try guys, post something now & then? We have a great Poker Clinic, post any sensible question in there & some of the site’s best players will help you with advice, & you will NOT be mocked or bullied, I promise.

I want us to run more of these series of Forum Comps with decent prizes, but if a significant amount of the entrants only use the Forum to enter comps, & don’t contribute anything else, Sky Towers won’t be so agreeable to my begging requests for prizes in future. And that means we all lose out.

• edited January 2017

Lastly, & sadly, there is circumstantial evidence that there has been a bit of jiggery pokery.

It is ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. 

So please don’t “borrow” your friends/daughter/dad/sister/girlfriend/mistress/bit on the side’s account to make entries.

I don’t have any access to back office stuff so I can’t run any checks & have to trust everyone to play nicely. But if you cheat in Free Entry Fun Comps, you need to take a good look at yourself.    

We won’t be having a witch hunt, or naming any names, though judging by all the PM’s I have had, a good number of you harbour similar suspicions.

The case is closed, no need to dwell on it, over & out.

• edited January 2017
    Yes thanks to Chris and Rob for their efforts with this and in updating the various leagues etc

Good luck in the BH guys!
  • edited January 2017
    And thanks to Sky as ever for running these forum orientated promos!
  • edited January 2017
    Well done Sky and your good self for running the promo TK, and a well deserved treat for aussie and scouse,
     be great to see them run well in it.
        I dont post onto the forum TK, but do always have a read over a lot of stuff, and enjoy free advice 
     given from players, so thank you to all those who do cotribute. 
           Cheers and good luck all.
  • edited January 2017
    Firstly I want to say a huge thank you to tikay and Sky Poker for my entry, it wss most unexpected, until tikay asked by email if I  was free on Sat night,
    Absolutely buzzing I am.

The community on Sky Poker is the thing that sets it apart from all other Poker sites IMHO and without YOU it would not work.

As tikay pointed out we have had a lot of new faces posting guesses and it would be nice if they stsyed around and posted any question / opinion is always welcome ......... and don't think that any question is a "silly" question.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Forum Fun Comps:
    Firstly I want to say a huge thank you to tikay and Sky Poker for my entry, it wss most unexpected, until tikay asked by email if I  was free on Sat night, Absolutely buzzing I am. The community on Sky Poker is the thing that sets it apart from all other Poker sites IMHO and without YOU it would not work. As tikay pointed out we have had a lot of new faces posting guesses and it would be nice if they stsyed around and posted any question / opinion is always welcome ......... and don't think that any question is a "silly" question.
    Posted by scouse_red
    I can imagine the relief when you realised it was for a tournament entry and he wasn't asking you out for a date!

• edited January 2017
    I have to agree that these sort of Sky promos really are a big plus, especially for the recreational and small stakes players.

Nice one Sky
  • edited January 2017

thank you tikay.  thank you sky poker and also for the kind comments of others too.

the left hand side of my brain had a fight with the right side of my brain over whether i should accept tikay's offer.  i am pleased to say that my heart over-ruled.

thank you.

• edited January 2017
    Thanks Tikay for the comps and thanks scouse for the entry lists be fun ! :) If I could change anything and being picky here cause why not haha It would be Id rather have for example 10 x £10 +1 Bounty hunter seats than 1 x £110. But anything thing which is free is good :)
  • edited January 2017
    Well done to Chris and Rob.

I try hard to promote the forum not just the comps. I can't do anything else but keep on trying. Good luck to you all. Chris hope your run golden better than you did last night.
  • edited January 2017
    Lastly, & sadly, there is circumstantial evidence that there has been a bit of jiggery pokery.   It is ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.     So please don’t “borrow” your friends/daughter/dad/sister/girlfriend/mistress/bit on the side’s account to make entries.   I don’t have any access to back office stuff so I can’t run any checks & have to trust everyone to play nicely. But if you cheat in Free Entry Fun Comps, you need to take a good look at yourself.         We won’t be having a witch hunt, or naming any names, though judging by all the PM’s I have had, a good number of you harbour similar suspicions.   The case is closed, no need to dwell on it, over & out.      
    Posted by Tikay10

How would anyone even know if someone was using a partners account and what makes is suspeious your only putting in 3 numbers in a post  aha :)
  • edited January 2017
    Firstly I want to say a huge thank you to tikay and Sky Poker for my entry, it wss most unexpected, until tikay asked by email if I  was free on Sat night, Absolutely buzzing I am. The community on Sky Poker is the thing that sets it apart from all other Poker sites IMHO and without YOU it would not work. As tikay pointed out we have had a lot of new faces posting guesses and it would be nice if they stsyed around and posted any question / opinion is always welcome ......... and don't think that any question is a "silly" question.
    Posted by scouse_red

You deserve it Hope you make the money and get a few heads :)
  • edited January 2017
    This must be one of the best competitions that has run on here.
    Everyone with an equal chance, and all for free.
    It gives us small ball players a chance to mix with the big 'uns.

Thank you all concerned.

Good luck to Aussie and scouse_r** (still can't write it).  ;)

Well deserved for two people who put a lot of effort in on this forum.
  • edited January 2017
    Fab news indeed for Rob and Chris - and like many others I'd also love to thank the 2 gents aswell as Tikay for organising all of this.

Hope you run golden boys xx
  • edited January 2017
    gl in the  game scouse  and  aussie.     nice  gesture  btw
  • edited January 2017
    Great Write up TK.

Great work Aussie and S_Red . 

Compiling lists is massive work , having them accurate is more of a rocket science imo.

Good work  Donna too for dragging in unwilling f/bookers ;)

• edited January 2017
    Great comps thanks Sky things like this are what sets this site apart from the rest imo.
    Congrats to Scouse and Aussie hope you both bink big and very well deserved for your contribution to the forum.
    Enjoy your lie in on Sunday Sir Tikay not having to stay up wayyy past your bedtime to post this every night ;-)

• edited January 2017
    Great Write up TK. Great work Aussie and S_Red .  Compiling lists is massive work , having them accurate is more of a rocket science imo. Good work  Donna too for dragging in unwilling f/bookers ;)
    Posted by mumsie
     totally agree here mumsie the work Donna has done on sociaql media and indeed popping up at tables all over the place to get numbers up has been fantastic 

without a doubt a proper proper community person Donna
  • edited January 2017
    thank you all for the gl wishes I promise you all it is greatly appreciated
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck to both Aussie and Scouse red in the high roller - very well deserved reward.
    Thanks to Sky and Tikay for the competitions - doubt you would get other sites doing similar!
  • edited January 2017
    Yeah thanks all that worked to make this a success (even though I don't think I even got the first number right on any day!)

Personally, if it wasn't for the tables my answer would be void each day because I get in late when there are a lot of answers and I don't have time to scroll though before the deadline.

Good luck Scouse_Red and Aussie
  • edited January 2017
    Best of luck tonight both Scouse & Aussie,.
    It was enjoyable and scary being able to mix it with the big players last night as usually I would be battling in the nightly micro, thanks Sky, Tikay and Scouse.
  • edited January 2017

thanks all for your posts.

• edited January 2017
    thanks for all the posts peeps
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck you two. good job wasnt last night you were playing was dead to the world by 8.30. Gl gl gl tonight.
  • edited January 2017
    Well done Mr Aussie and Mr Scouse.
    All the best.
    Rainman215. 
  • edited January 2017
    Thanks to skypoker for running these comps........and thanks to you guys for all the help inrunning them and keeping them updated..
  • edited January 2017
    welldone chris rob and tikay for running this and taking your time to sort the entrys out much appreciated and great competition to win a £110 seat for nothing :)
  • edited January 2017
    I can't imagine scrolling through all the answers on the forum comp thread wp scouse and run deep tonight also thanks to Tikay and sky for running these daily comps also great work by aussie run deep sir. Thank you all