You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Double Your Money programmes

edited July 2009 in Sky Poker Live
I'm sure I suggested this before on here and I've chatted to Rich at DTD about him presenting. Could Sky not have a programme (along the cash unlimited lines) focussing on DYM games from start to finish. It would allow us sng players to see strategy and tactics used in early stages of a game and the all important bubble stages.  We could see players at the different stakes and also (I'm using Rich as an example here) see presenters playing them and having their play analysed as well.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Double Your Money programmes:
    I'm sure I suggested this before on here and I've chatted to Rich at DTD about him presenting. Could Sky not have a programme (along the cash unlimited lines) focussing on DYM games from start to finish. It would allow us sng players to see strategy and tactics used in early stages of a game and the all important bubble stages.  We could see players at the different stakes and also (I'm using Rich as an example here) see presenters playing them and having their play analysed as well.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Phil, I've spoken to Big Boss Des about this and he's very keen to do something along these lines, so watch this space!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Double Your Money programmes:
    Posted by phil12uk

Think this is an excellent idea.  I play the SnGs almost exclusively and especially the DYMs.  I do quite well, but it would be great to have some analysis of the common mistakes to see how I could improve my game.
  • edited July 2009
    Excellent shout Phil, i think it'd offer up a nice change to the schedule and would love to see some strategy in the various stakes.
  • edited July 2009
    I know DYM is your speciality whereas deepstacks are mine, but i must admit DYM must be the worst thing to commentate on, not a lot of poker played in it really is there?
  • edited July 2009
    I can see your point flash but i think you'd be surprised at how much play there can be. But on the other hand there is more action which would be good from a tv point of view.
  • edited July 2009

There's so many different styles of players in DYM's Charlie. There's the players who limp along and let the rest of us do all the work, there's the ABC players, there's the loons and there's also the Orford's ;)  Main place to really focus on would be the bubble as play is so tactical there.

• edited July 2009
    Being a double your money fan - I am all for this......
    It does involve a different strategy at times.
    E.g.
    When only 4 players left and stacks are quite even, then you will see lots of blind stealing and a lot of shoves (all in's.
    )
    You will also see  the big stack - just folded every turn - you see, no need to risk your chips if you have a very big stack in these tourneys......so different stratageies going on......
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Double Your Money programmes:
    There's so many different styles of players in DYM's Charlie. There's the players who limp along and let the rest of us do all the work, there's the ABC players, there's the loons and there's also the Orford's ;)  Main place to really focus on would be the bubble as play is so tactical there.
    Posted by phil12uk
    That'd be me then.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Double Your Money programmes:
    Posted by phil12uk
    ...and that would be me then.