You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New tables not spawning / glitch

edited January 2017 in Poker Chat
New tables on cash are not spawning and the lobby shows no players as seated at certain games.

I sat at table wokingham and it let me on the table fine but the lobby was not regestering I was sitting down.

There is also a PLO20 game that is full when you open it but the lobby says 1 player is sitting.

This could potentially kill alot of the cash action today

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Regged for a 2.20 all in and was slow to show i'd registered. Had to go to my tables then launch it from there even then i got reload table before opening again.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: New tables not spawning / glitch:
    Regged for a 2.20 all in and was slow to show i'd registered. Had to go to my tables then launch it from there even then i got reload table before opening again.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Had the same problem, all so the plo8
    dym and tourney lobby's are not updating 
    the correct players regged for tourney's
  • edited January 2017
    Same here had to manually launch last two tournaments missed a few blinds no big deal but hope it does not get worse
  • edited January 2017

Have sent a note up to the Office, but I'm not sure if it will get seen today. 

Might be best to contact CC if the issue persists. 

Sorry I can't assist further, but I'm going to be Offline until late evening.

• edited January 2017
    My 2pence worth, Ive noticed for weeks,  I reg a tournie, it soesnt show for a while. No harm done . just FEEDBACKING.
  • edited January 2017

MTT lobbies not updating either. Hope it gets looked at/sorted by tech team soon. 
  • edited January 2017
    The more people contact CC the more serious they will take it. Contacted CC earlier and spoke to Danny, he said that everything was fine and if was a problem then would have had lot of complaints. He handled it really well tbh.
  • edited January 2017

As Donna says, please contract CC.

I tried to advise the Poker Team earlier this afternoon when the problem was first reported, & I also advised payers to contact CC.

I have since seen an Internal e-Mail (in the last hour) which has escalated the matter to the Service Desk, who are responsible for sorting these things.

For future issues, I have asked the Office if I can have a "line" to Service Desk, which I don't currently have, so I can speed things up.

For now, I have no idea when the problem may be resolved, but from what I can see, I doubt it will be tonight.

Apologies, of course.  

• edited January 2017

We seem to have 5 or 6 different threads for this. It would help everyone if we limited it to one thread - this one.

So I'm going to close the other threads. The more feedback on one thread the better.
  • edited January 2017
    It's a lot better now,

Ed.
  • edited January 2017

The Service Desk have now kindly updated me, & sent me a whole chain of e-Mails as to how the problem was identified & mitigated.

It does appear to be resolved now, as far as can be seen.

Incidentally, I learn from the various e-Mails that CC have had approx. 15 (FIFTEEN) Contacts about this problem. Seen in the context of approx. 4,000 players Online mid evening, that suggests that either;

a) The problem was not widespread,

b) Or players were not reporting it to CC. I was again advised tonight by Service Desk that if you ever experience technical glitches, PLEASE CONTACT CC. Sticking it on the Forum achieves nothing - they don't monitor the Forum, which is not designed or monitored for such matters, & it just lengthens the chain of reporting & speedy resolution.

I now have a means to go direct to Service Desk in the future if I'm aware of such problems out of hours, but PLEASE, use CC in the first instance - that is what they are there for. And the sooner they know, the quicker it can be attended to.

Anyway, apologies if you were affected, & I hope all is well now.

Happy pokering for the rest of the weekend.   

• edited January 2017
    I think the problem was definitely widespread, every DYM I entered was starting with 5/6 away players, and those I asked in chat were all experiencing the issue. Deleting and re installing the client did not help in my case. It seemed to improve about 11pm onwards. 

Not complaining by any means, I have experienced very few problems with the software just giving feedback so it can be fixed.

• edited January 2017
    I think the problem was definitely widespread, every DYM I entered was starting with 5/6 away players, and those I asked in chat were all experiencing the issue. Deleting and re installing the client did not help in my case. It seemed to improve about 11pm onwards.  Not complaining by any means, I have experienced very few problems with the software just giving feedback so it can be fixed.
    Posted by SMARTGOAT
    Hi Goaty,

Yes, that is my view, too, I'm quite certain it WAS widespread.

However, CC only received 15 Contacts about it.

The point I was making is that it is far more likely to lead to a quick resolution if all the affected Customers contacted CC, as then they know how serious the problem is, & Service Desk will react accordingly.

One of the first "tests" of a complaint in a high volume business like SB&G is "how many others have reported the problem?" If there are, say, 4,000 players logged in, & "only"15 complain, that's a very low complaint rate, (around 0.03%) & so they might assume the problem was isolated to very few customers.

Complaining on this Forum only helps if one of the Poker Team, usually myself, happen to spot it, as Service Desk (who monitor the software & resolve & software issues) do not monitor this Forum. If I happen to see it, yes, I send it up to someone & generally make a nuisance of myself.

Anyway, the problem was resolved eventually at around 2100, & this morning, all is well with the world. *

* Exceptions may apply.  
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: New tables not spawning / glitch : Hi Goaty, Yes, that is my view, too, I'm quite certain it WAS widespread. However, CC only received 15 Contacts about it. The point I was making is that it is far more likely to lead to a quick resolution if all the affected Customers contacted CC, as then they know how serious the problem is, & Service Desk will react accordingly.   One of the first "tests" of a complaint in a high volume business like SB&G is "how many others have reported the problem?" If there are, say, 4,000 players logged in, & "only"15 complain, that's a very low complaint rate, (around 0.03%) & so they might assume the problem was isolated to very few customers. Complaining on this Forum only helps if one of the Poker Team, usually myself, happen to spot it, as Service Desk (who monitor the software & resolve & software issues) do not monitor this Forum. If I happen to see it, yes, I send it up to someone & generally make a nuisance of myself.   Anyway, the problem was resolved eventually at around 2100, & this morning, all is well with the world. * * Exceptions may apply.  
    Posted by Tikay10

I do agree with the gist of what you are portraying here. IE, if you have a problem, contact CC to resolve it. However, 
    1) It isn't always possible to do this. If multi tabling you may not get the chance, as you are using all the breaks to reload/reboot tables etc. 
    2) If the product IS falling over, surely the site has the responsibility to oversee the issues as they happen
    3) As stated on here a few times, CC does not have a designated poker help desk so reporting issues will not always resolve the issue there and then. 

Just trying to put a users POV across here, as feedback. I do understand your points too though.
  • edited January 2017
    Hi Tikay, 

Thank you for your response, I misunderstood you before in thinking you meant the issue had only affected a select few. I see now your point was from the perspective of CC. 

I was busy multitabling on the last day of the priority ironman promo, and the problems were a nuisance as opposed to a severe problem, I just wanted to provide some feedback so the team could identify the cause.

Good luck at the tables!
  • edited January 2017
    Hi Tikay,  Thank you for your response, I misunderstood you before in thinking you meant the issue had only affected a select few. I see now your point was from the perspective of CC.  I was busy multitabling on the last day of the priority ironman promo, and the problems were a nuisance as opposed to a severe problem, I just wanted to provide some feedback so the team could identify the cause. Good luck at the tables!
    Posted by SMARTGOAT
    Exactly that, Mr Goat.

There WAS a problem on Saturday. It was more of an irritant or nuisance than a big issue, as you suggest, but there was deffo an issue.

My point about informing CC is that they are part of the monitoring process.

On a day like Saturday, that issue seemed to be present for around 6 or 7 hours. During that time window, there were up to 4,000 players on site at peak, & something like 7,000 uniques in those 7 hours. And if only 15 players contacted CC, the response from CC is likely to be the default - "we are not aware of a widespread or significant issue".

The Team were eventually able to have a dialogue with the Service Desk, & they soon sorted it. But their opening line was that "hardly anyone has complained". Which was true. 

I was not on site on Saturday during the problem, but I was on site all last night, I played some 40 SNG's, & the problem still seemed to be present. I'd agree with you though, it was a bit of a nuisance, or irritant, but certainly not a big deal, & the site (for me) was perfectly playable. 

PS - Been great to share a few tables with you recently on The Dark Side.     

• edited January 2017

^^^^

Oh, & I have sent a note up to the Team this morning to make them aware that it was still not quite right last night.

This is what I wrote;

"The Lobby Issues continued last night. It was not unplayable by any means, but it was certainly an irritant.

When trying to look in a specific lobby, loading time is usually instant, but last night it was taking 5 or 10 seconds.

When we have registered for a game – an MTT or SNG – it becomes bolded in the lobby, but this was not happening last night, so it was hard to know what he had regged for. So that meant clicking several Lobbies to see if we are regged, & each of them won’t open for 5 or 10 seconds. However, there were no discernible delay in table opening, or not for me, anyway.

I played some 40 games, & it’s playable, but something is not quite right."

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: New tables not spawning / glitch : I do agree with the gist of what you are portraying here. IE, if you have a problem, contact CC to resolve it. However,  1) It isn't always possible to do this. If multi tabling you may not get the chance, as you are using all the breaks to reload/reboot tables etc.  2) If the product IS falling over, surely the site has the responsibility to oversee the issues as they happen .  3) As stated on here a few times, CC does not have a designated poker help desk so reporting issues will not always resolve the issue there and then.  Just trying to put a users POV across here, as feedback. I do understand your points too though.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Correct, & one of the ways they do that is by providing a Customer Care facility. CC is actually part of the site monitoring process. If they are not receiving a significant number of complaints about an issue, the default is likely to be "well there can't be a significant problem".

All I'm trying to explain here is that if there is a real problem, please tell CC.

With all due respect to Steve (IDCU), a thread title "Lobby is a pain in the ****" & which includes "this is putting me on tilt" might well be understandable, but it achieves exactly......nil.