You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nothing worth entering between now and 7!!!

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

I raised this point at the weekend, after the 3pm 250gtd, there aint rly a tourny worth entering on sky.

How about a 400 gtd, with £10 entry? Or even £3 entry? If the PP is GTD, especially with no competition on the site from other tournys, then it will be a good tourny, with alot of runners, and well worth the time!

U guys supported my post, and the people in charge put a 150 gtd and a 100 gtd. It wasnt really what Im getting at....

A £100gtd, with £10 buy in, might as well be a £10 sng.......

I was after a tourny that wud attract big fields, hence a big prize pool! - Even if its £1k gtd, £1 entry! - But something that will attract peoples imagination, as theres loads of choice after 7!

maybe 500 gtd, £25 entry, I dno - small buy in, large buy in, wudnt bother me, as long as theres a decent field, and a worthy pay out at the end.

DOHH

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Nothing worth entering between now and 7!!!:
    I raised this point at the weekend, after the 3pm 250gtd, there aint rly a tourny worth entering on sky. How about a 400 gtd, with £10 entry? Or even £3 entry? If the PP is GTD, especially with no competition on the site from other tournys, then it will be a good tourny, with alot of runners, and well worth the time! U guys supported my post, and the people in charge put a 150 gtd and a 100 gtd. It wasnt really what Im getting at.... A £100gtd, with £10 buy in, might as well be a £10 sng....... I was after a tourny that wud attract big fields, hence a big prize pool! - Even if its £1k gtd, £1 entry! - But something that will attract peoples imagination, as theres loads of choice after 7! maybe 500 gtd, £25 entry, I dno - small buy in, large buy in, wudnt bother me, as long as theres a decent field, and a worthy pay out at the end. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Can you stop posting things on this forum that I agree with, I don't like the fact that you are talking sense once again lol Must be the beer talking ;)

On a serious note, I totally agree with this post, just one decent tourney before 7pm will be sufficient - AND NOT A BOUNTY HUNTER please - god i hate them!!!! A GTD prize pool that will attract the punters, I am the same as JJ, I don't care how much it is to buy in - cheap or expensive!!
  • edited February 2010
    just bin in the £150 bh got busted 1st hand my a 10 vs 10 7,me own fault tho ten high flop he pushed i called had 2 pair on the flop,why i didnt see it i dunna know,a flaw in me game that i,ve got to cut out..sean
  • edited February 2010
    sky are aware of how many runners a tournie will generate, and at what times.  if there isn't a big GTD tournie in there now, there isn't gonna be one.

the 7.30 DS at £22 has problems getting runners, and has gone from 500GTD down to 300 the last time I played it about a month ago, so to get something similar running pre 7pm is very ambitious.

anyway stop playing tournies Doh and just play cash, you know it makes sense.

• edited February 2010
    i agree dohh there is nothing through the day apart from the 3pm. get some good tournys on.
  • edited February 2010
    At half 7 Scotty, its half an hour before the main event, whatever it may be, and surrounded by loads of other bigger tournys, summat at 5, even if its just £5 buy in 300 gtd, and same again at 6!

I cnt play cash on my laptop, its 1 table only and I just end up destroying myself.

Waiting for the dload n if that doesnt work definitely getting a new en!

HU SNG till then!!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Nothing worth entering between now and 7!!!:
    sky are aware of how many runners a tournie will generate, and at what times.  if there isn't a big GTD tournie in there now, there isn't gonna be one. the 7.30 DS at £22 has problems getting runners, and has gone from 500GTD down to 300 the last time I played it about a month ago, so to get something similar running pre 7pm is very ambitious. anyway stop playing tournies Doh and just play cash, you know it makes sense.
    Posted by scotty77
    I have to politely disagree. In days gone by there were more tourny's and more runners.  I used to play on Sky for the greater part of my poker day. I have since left to greener pastures and more options at other poker sites.

I think the reason for the limited number of runners is the amount of the average buy in.  Sky is known to be attractive to new or inexperinced players. These players are not willing to cough up the buy in for the typical tourny. Smaller buy ins are whats needed. Decrease the prize pool if needed so the site can still make a profit. But this will encourage the new and novice players, build their confidence and loyalty. It would only be  matter of time until those players decide to take the step into deeper waters and buy in to the larger tournys.

My 2 pence   :)
  • edited February 2010
    Would be interesting to see how many tourneys over the day dont actually reach there player prize ratio. Sky seem to do a very good job of putting the guarantee at just the right amount (or bad job depending on how you look at it) A quick study by them might allow them to increase the gaurantees which in turn should attract more players.

As for the £100/150 gaurantees these should as mentioned above be more aimed at the lower end of the bankroll spectrum encouraging the new players to the site into the games hopefully increasing there confidence in playing.

The likes of tilt and party of course have more players but also run things like the daily dollar $10k gauranteed $1 buy in which are generally EV+ve but still have 8-9k runners.

On skys budget maybe a £500 gaurantee with a £1 buy in to try and draw more people into the game.