You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Time to say "thank you"......

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

We await the result of TKO II, but I just want to say how much fun these have been.

We've now had two TKO's, so between them, we had 10 or 11 nights poker.

None of us paid a penny to enter any of them, so we have had 10 or 11 nights of FREE poker fun. How good is that? Free poker, with nearly £8,000 of Prize Money donated by Sky Poker.

And the fun we've had, the banter, the rubs, the craic - unbelievably good.

Amd how much has everyone put into it - no topic on this Forum has even come near as many Posts, or threads, as TKO I & TKO II have.

From me, special thanks to all the foot-soldiers, like SophiesMum & Apollo, who have managed big spreadsheets & stuff, & guys like OnlyOnecT with his inventive Posts & Railing, & so on.

And those Vids that Rossy produced - how good were they? I did the first one, it was horrendously bad, but soon everyone was on the case, doing them properly, including Lisa & Rich.

And to my dear friends Lisa & Rich. We've thrown TKO insults at each other for three months now, but never doubt the truth - they are dear & special friends, & I adore them both.

And most of all, to all the players. Everyone "got" the idea straight away, & there was no bad blood, almost no chat-box mardy stuff, remarkable in 10 nights of poker with upwards of 1,000 runners per Tourney. 

So really, just to say thank you to everyone from me.

It's been huge fun, & it's been emotional.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    aahhhhh --ya great big soft lump of very soft things--very bad for your future table image--lol---nice one Tikay, they were great fun--And thanks to sky peeps for the free cash and for exposing Tikay's true nature
  • edited February 2010
    Many thanks to everyone who participated and organized the tournaments - TKO's are everything poker should be about and loved every minute! There's been ups and downs, outdraws and banter but it's made for great entertainment so we should all be very proud - times like these where you realize how great the Sky Poker family can be! *pass the tissues*
  • edited February 2010
    Well said Tikay :) Both TKOs have been awesome! I only missed one game (the split) and thoroughly enjoyed the others. Mega thanks to Sky for putting up the series and the £££age. The videos have been an influence. A few weeks ago I went into the company kitchen where someone called Lisa was making a drink and I immediately called her "Lisa-Donk" - it just came out automatically! Had some explaining to do.......

• edited February 2010
    awwwwww... just a big cuddly old man really aint ya!
  • edited February 2010
    Hi tikay,

Well, as you know I decided to say neutral in TKOII, I have given part of the reason previously, I feel I should give the rest of it.  As you know I played in the TKO, but, I regreted the decision to pick a team, why, well tikay and Richard and in the short time I have known her Lisa-Marie have become very, very dear friends (yes I know TKO is played for fun, its just the way I am) and thank you all which is possibly why I found it difficult to concentrate and play properly, so I decided to sit TKOII out should it be Lisa-Marie and tikay (as if there was going to be any doubt:)) (and no I couldnt let sky pick because it still wouldnt have felt right)

Still, thank you to sky for doing TKOII and hopefully TKOIII and should the wining captain whoever it may be have me on board I would be glad too :)
  • edited February 2010
    tk is the granddad we all wish we had,

and he easily parts with his money !

p.s ok dad we wish we all had lol !

ty for the 25 quid tko sky !
  • edited February 2010
    They've been fab to play in and definitely bring the FUN into poker.

Well said Tikay :)
  • edited February 2010
    I've only managed to take part in one of the TKO2 events, but I agree that the TKO nights are great fun and have also brought many people into the forums too.  Really added to the community here.

Well done Sky, Tikay, Richard and Lisa-Marie for all your efforts.
  • edited February 2010

I would just like to add my 56 pence worth aswell. Totally agree with everything TK has said above and really hope that SKY POKER do put another TKO series on. I would also like to make two suggestions -
    1) Current players have 1st choice of which team they would prefer before going on general free for all and
    2) Is there any way Sky could get players to 'register' for each individual leg as it would enhance the playing experience without having players 'away' at tables.

Sorry Tikay if this was just a 'thank you' thread but I just thought I would add the above to see what yourself or others thought.

PS....I also thought the videos have all been brilliant and are worth watching again and again.

• edited February 2010
    I love Tikay*. I know I am supposed to say that because I am one of the Sky folks, but he really is a legend. Of course, he's spot on re: TKO too - it's been a heap of fun and all done in good spirit. WP all, irrespective of the result.

* not like that.
  • edited February 2010
    I second Tikay and all the others who have commented on this thread.

The TKO's have been awesome fun in all regards, the games, the banter and comraderie and not to mention the odd pound or two given to the games.

Well done all at Sky Poker.

Bring on TKO III

God bless you all
  • edited February 2010
    I love Tikay*. I know I am supposed to say that because I am one of the Sky folks, but he really is a legend. Of course, he's spot on re: TKO too - it's been a heap of fun and all done in good spirit. WP all, irrespective of the result.

* not like that.
  • edited February 2010
    Loads of fun for free. Thanks Sky and wd to all who played.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Time to say "thank you"......:
    We await the result of TKO II, but I just want to say how much fun these have been. We've now had two TKO's, so between them, we had 10 or 11 nights poker. None of us paid a penny to enter any of them, so we have had 10 or 11 nights of FREE poker fun. How good is that? Free poker, with nearly £8,000 of Prize Money donated by Sky Poker. And the fun we've had, the banter, the rubs, the craic - unbelievably good. Amd how much has everyone put into it - no topic on this Forum has even come near as many Posts, or threads, as TKO I & TKO II have. From me, special thanks to all the foot-soldiers, like SophiesMum & Apollo, who have managed big spreadsheets & stuff, & guys like OnlyOnecT with his inventive Posts & Railing, & so on. And those Vids that Rossy produced - how good were they? I did the first one, it was horrendously bad, but soon everyone was on the case, doing them properly, including Lisa & Rich. And to my dear friends Lisa & Rich. We've thrown TKO insults at each other for three months now, but never doubt the truth - they are dear & special friends, & I adore them both. And most of all, to all the players. Everyone "got" the idea straight away, & there was no bad blood, almost no chat-box mardy stuff, remarkable in 10 nights of poker with upwards of 1,000 runners per Tourney.  So really, just to say thank you to everyone from me. It's been huge fun, & it's been emotional.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Dear Mr Kendall,

I utterly concur!

Bless x

• edited February 2010
    Thank you sky, great games, great banter and an even greater result :)
  • edited February 2010
    Sounds great, I would love to have been involved, but those of us who can't play in the evenings due to work commitments always miss out in these events. Something during the day every once in a while would be nice.
  • edited February 2010

Awwwww Tikay...BIG BIG LOVES AND CUDDLES XXXXX

We have enjoyed the experience immensely!
    Thank you. Yes it has been emotional and fun and competitive..all those great things associated with team allegiance.
     TKO has been a truy fantastic experience and I for one will treasure my memories of the event. It`s been awesome! xxxx

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Time to say "thank you"......:
    Hi tikay, Well, as you know I decided to say neutral in TKOII, I have given part of the reason previously, I feel I should give the rest of it.  As you know I played in the TKO, but, I regreted the decision to pick a team, why, well tikay and Richard and in the short time I have known her Lisa-Marie have become very, very dear friends (yes I know TKO is played for fun, its just the way I am) and thank you all which is possibly why I found it difficult to concentrate and play properly, so I decided to sit TKOII out should it be Lisa-Marie and tikay (as if there was going to be any doubt:)) (and no I couldnt let sky pick because it still wouldnt have felt right) Still, thank you to sky for doing TKOII and hopefully TKOIII and should the wining captain whoever it may be have me on board I would be glad too :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    I know exactly where you`re coming from hunni xxxx :)
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Time to say "thank you"......:
    We await the result of TKO II, but I just want to say how much fun these have been. We've now had two TKO's, so between them, we had 10 or 11 nights poker. None of us paid a penny to enter any of them, so we have had 10 or 11 nights of FREE poker fun. How good is that? Free poker, with nearly £8,000 of Prize Money donated by Sky Poker. And the fun we've had, the banter, the rubs, the craic - unbelievably good. Amd how much has everyone put into it - no topic on this Forum has even come near as many Posts, or threads, as TKO I & TKO II have. From me, special thanks to all the foot-soldiers, like SophiesMum & Apollo, who have managed big spreadsheets & stuff, & guys like OnlyOnecT with his inventive Posts & Railing, & so on. And those Vids that Rossy produced - how good were they? I did the first one, it was horrendously bad, but soon everyone was on the case, doing them properly, including Lisa & Rich. And to my dear friends Lisa & Rich. We've thrown TKO insults at each other for three months now, but never doubt the truth - they are dear & special friends, & I adore them both. And most of all, to all the players. Everyone "got" the idea straight away, & there was no bad blood, almost no chat-box mardy stuff, remarkable in 10 nights of poker with upwards of 1,000 runners per Tourney.  So really, just to say thank you to everyone from me. It's been huge fun, & it's been emotional.
    Posted by Tikay10
    + 1000000

I admit however i am feeling slightly smug with myself that i joined a winning team that has WON the whole series and i look forward to participating in next week's £1,000 freeroll!.......... :):):)

• edited February 2010
    A big thank you to Sky for putting on these events. They have been so much fun for everyone concerned, even for the players on the losing team.

Looking forward to the next one, if there is one.
  • edited February 2010
    I would just like to add my 56 pence worth aswell. Totally agree with everything TK has said above and really hope that SKY POKER do put another TKO series on. I would also like to make two suggestions - 1) Current players have 1st choice of which team they would prefer before going on general free for all and 2) Is there any way Sky could get players to 'register' for each individual leg as it would enhance the playing experience without having players 'away' at tables. Sorry Tikay if this was just a 'thank you' thread but I just thought I would add the above to see what yourself or others thought. PS....I also thought the videos have all been brilliant and are worth watching again and again.  
    Posted by MAXALLY
    you STILL going on about the 56p Max? lol
  • edited February 2010
    It is good to share a passion!
  • edited February 2010
    I echo the sentiments of Tikay and everyone who has posted on here.

The TKOs are great fun and, despite the fact that...

IN BOTH SERIES MY TEAM WON MORE MONEY AND YET SOMEHOW LOST- GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

...I haven't taken it to heart.

As you can see.

• edited February 2010

Echo what has been said.  The TKOs are a fantastic concept.  Thanks for the mention Tony and just for you a congratulations video on the Team Tikay victory

Congrats

• edited February 2010
    Echo what has been said.  The TKOs are a fantastic concept.  Thanks for the mention Tony and just for you a congratulations video on the Team Tikay victory Congrats
    Posted by rossjb14
    Brilliant again sir......
  • edited February 2010
    Been a brilliant concept and lots of laughs in the chat box.Rich after that speech are you going to come on to tikays all conquering team and eventually enjoy a freeroll?