You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Baize of Thunder

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

And a very good evening to you!

Tonight it's my turn in the driving seat for Play The Presenter and I begin tonight with mixed feelings. On the one hand, I'm gutted that for the second time I've lost a TKO series DESPITE WINNING MORE MONEY THAN TEAM TIKAY.

I will, I'm sure, eventually get over this.

On the plus side- my personal poker performance is going great guns at the moment- big results in the TKO MTTS followed by consistent profits on the cash tables on these PTP nights.

I've got that elusive thing at the moment that we all crave when playing poker: confidence.

Whereas before I was sitting down in tournaments expecting to go out before the half-way mark, or sitting down at cash tables expecting to lose money- I'm now fully expecting to cash/profit.

Funny thing this confidence thing- it comes and it goes, just like runs of results do. Whilst your playing style and ability may not have changed one bit.

Anyway, on to tonight- I'll be playing 10p/20p cash all evening from 7pm, but taking a break from it at 8pm to enter the big Doublestack Main Event.

Please come and play/chat with me (in particular Team LMLers, so we can moan together about how we should have won etc) but all are welcome!

Once I know where I'm sat at 7, I'll post the location on this thread- although you can always find me with the cunningly cryptic alias- RICHORFORD.

I shall have a full report of my endeavours tonight on this thread at the half-way mark and the end of play too, so look out for that.

And so, good luck tonight all Sky Pokerers and remember- please don’t have nightmares! ;)

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I may or may not be popping by for a chat, after all it's always good to know who's owning who :o)

Either way, good luck at the tables tonight!

x
  • edited February 2010

Good Luck Rich.

Fancy a Last-Longer in the 8pm Main Event, with a prop-bet for the Loser?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Baize of Thunder:
    Good Luck Rich. Fancy a Last-Longer in the 8pm Main Event, with a prop-bet for the Loser?
    Posted by Tikay10

You're on mate.

To keep it civilised- how about the loser buys all the coffee on Saturday?

Oh hang on, I do that already don't I?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Baize of Thunder : You're on mate. To keep it civilised- how about the loser buys all the coffee on Saturday? Oh hang on, I do that already don't I?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Yeah - seeing as I can't indulge in Latte now I'm on a diet! But the Oxo cubes are on me.

Tell you what. If you lose tonight's Last-Longer, you have to attend the Luton SPT wearing the Burgundy Jacket. Deal?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Baize of Thunder : Yeah - seeing as I can't indulge in Latte now I'm on a diet! But the Oxo cubes are on me. Tell you what. If you lose tonight's Last-Longer, you have to attend the Luton SPT wearing the Burgundy Jacket. Deal?
    Posted by Tikay10

And should you lose, you have to arrive back at Luton at midnight wearing my Total Player baggy bright blue jumper?

Deal?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Baize of Thunder : And should you lose, you have to arrive back at Luton at midnight wearing my Total Player baggy bright blue jumper? Deal?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Ouch! That's a bit unfar Rich, that jumper is ridiculous, like something my Grandad would wear. But OK, you got a Deal.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Baize of Thunder : Ouch! That's a bit unfar Rich, that jumper is ridiculous, like something my Grandad would wear. But OK, you got a Deal.
    Posted by Tikay10

They had blue jumpers in the Triassic period???
  • edited February 2010
    The Triassic is a geologic period and system that extends from about 251 to 199 Ma (million years ago). As the first period of the Mesozoic Era, the Triassic follows the Permian and is followed by the Jurassic.

Both the start and end of the Triassic are marked by major extinction events.

The extinction event that closed the Triassic period has recently been more accurately dated, but as with most older geologic periods, the rock beds that define the start and end are well identified, but the exact dates of the start and end of the period are uncertain by a few million years.

• edited February 2010
    The Triassic is a geologic period and system that extends from about 251 to 199 Ma (million years ago). As the first period of the Mesozoic Era, the Triassic follows the Permian and is followed by the Jurassic. Both the start and end of the Triassic are marked by major extinction events. The extinction event that closed the Triassic period has recently been more accurately dated, but as with most older geologic periods, the rock beds that define the start and end are well identified, but the exact dates of the start and end of the period are uncertain by a few million years.
    Posted by TRIP5

Lol- fair enough Irene. There's definitely a grey area there. And I'm not talking about my hair.

Right! I'm on Timperley 10p/20p and seats are filling up fast.

Bring it!!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    7.21pm

Ten of Spade has just wiped out my first £20 by beating my pair of tens with the monster hand of J-5 off.

Well, at least it was a monster once the board presented a J and two fives.

An early hit, but still feeling good at this stage...
  • edited February 2010
    7.21pm Ten of Spade has just wiped out my first £20 by beating my pair of tens with the monster hand of J-5 off. Well, at least it was a monster when the board presented a J and two fives. An early hit, but still feeling good at this stage...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Did you not have the Ten of spades in your hand then?......
    Oh no, he had you in his pocket!!

Good luck in the 8pm - make sure you win that bet v that luckbox whose name will not be mentioned :)
  • edited February 2010
    The Triassic is a geologic period and system that extends from about 251 to 199 Ma (million years ago). As the first period of the Mesozoic Era, the Triassic follows the Permian and is followed by the Jurassic. Both the start and end of the Triassic are marked by major extinction events. The extinction event that closed the Triassic period has recently been more accurately dated, but as with most older geologic periods, the rock beds that define the start and end are well identified, but the exact dates of the start and end of the period are uncertain by a few million years.
    Posted by TRIP5
    Yes, but they did find fossilized remains of a blue jumper near a broken sign of which they could only make out "TO-  -AN" scientists are working day and night to understand its meaning.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Baize of Thunder : Yes, but they did find fossilized remains of a blue jumper near a broken sign of which they could only make out "TO-  -AN" scientists are working day and night to understand its meaning.
    Posted by Machka

Top Man? That's a once a year treat for our wardrobe department.

No, we have a tab at Primark.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Baize of Thunder : Top Man? That's a once a year treat for our wardrobe department. No, we have a tab at Primark.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Now I knew that Primark sold ahem 'lovely' blue jumpers but BURGUNDY JACKETS???? Well I never...

x
  • edited February 2010
    Okay- half-time team talk...

Lost £23 in total on the 10p/20p table earlier in the evening but I'm still in the 8pm Doublestack... albeit 227th out of 241 with 7 BBs.

Time to get busy...
  • edited February 2010
    more importantly have you outlasted tikay???? or is he still in it?
  • edited February 2010
    He's still there unfortunately- with 9000 odd chips to my 1780.

Sigh...
  • edited February 2010
    Out in 211th!

Dammit- gonna have to get those arms on that burgundy jacket lengthened I think...

• edited February 2010
    OK- second half

Now sat on Table Brechin 10p/20p- come and have a game!
  • edited February 2010

Happy Days I won the Last-Longer!

35th I think, for a small Cash, PLUS I win the Forfeit.

Orford shall arrive at Luton SPT in my Burgundy Jacket.
  • edited February 2010
    Happy Days I won the Last-Longer! 35th I think, for a small Cash, PLUS I win the Forfeit. Orford shall arrive at Luton SPT in my Burgundy Jacket.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That is worth the plane fare to Luton alone!
  • edited February 2010
    Happy Days I won the Last-Longer! 35th I think, for a small Cash, PLUS I win the Forfeit. Orford shall arrive at Luton SPT in my Burgundy Jacket.
    Posted by Tikay10

*sigh*

I run so bad against Tikay...
  • edited February 2010
    Ok- final count...

Lost £23.20 in my first cash session

Made £9.81 on my second session ( I was £18 DOWN until 4 minutes from the end of the night when I picked up a lovely nut flush v broadway. Nice timing that!)

And didn't cash in the 8pm DoubleStack which cost £11

Overall profit? MINUS £24.89

Not a night to write home about then.

Next week it is then!

Cheers to everyone who railed and played me- enjoyed it a lot!

• edited February 2010
    On the bright side you won a burgandy jacket, oh.