You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Incoming from Suit-City - TKO II - The Result.

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Here, word for word, is the e-Mail from Head Office to Lisa & myself, received at the same time at the Campaign Headquarters of both Team Lisa, & Team tikay.

".....The results are in and I and can announce that the winner is……Team Tikay who comes from behind to take the series 3-2Team Tikay took the tie with £298.50 cashed compared to Team Lisa-Marie’s £201.50. As some solace Lisa-Marie, your team actually cashed for more in total prize money over the five weeks with £1367.25 compared to Team Tikay’s £1132.75. I’m sure you won’t let that one slide!The winners freeroll takes place next Tuesday and has £1000 prize pool on offer.Well done to everyone involved. The support on the community was fantastic and there was a great balance between competitiveness and good natured fun on show. We’ll keep you posted on when the next TKO is which is sure to be bigger and better than ever...."

Comments

• edited February 2010

we are the champions my friend......

• edited February 2010

And for me, that's just about the perfect Result - let's call it, unofficially, a Draw, eh?

My congrats to Team Lisa-Marie, she had Team tikay on the ropes, I thought we were done for.

So, Team tikay won the most Legs - just! - & Team Lisa-Marie won the most money.

A highly satisfactory ending to a great TKO.

The Winners Freeroll - sadly, only for Team tikay, because those are the Rules - will be next Tuesday, but that apart, as far as I am concerned, it's a Draw.

The difference between the 2 Teams was one thing really - Orford. If he'd played for Team tikay, we'd never have won.

Most satisfactory, & thank you to ALL the players from both Teams. It could not have been better.
  • edited February 2010
    well done to all my tk mates and a very warm thankyou to our skipper tk  
  • edited February 2010
    I dont want to say i told you so but ............... I DID WE ARE THE BEST TEAM!!!! AND THATS WHY WE WON SO WP LML BUT UNLUCKY LOL
  • edited February 2010
    I will sign on for team ovaltine next time................ that'll put a stop to you winning.

Congratulations, I suppose. Great fun even if my exposure was a total of 13 minutes over all legs so far.
  • edited February 2010
    Congratulations to Team Tikay and commiserations to Team Lisa-Marie.  I have to be honest after they went into a 2-1 lead I thought that we were done for, but as always Team Tikay kept fighting and came out winners in the end. 

The only question now is, is this the end of the TKO or is there anyone out there brave enough to lead a team into battle against the great and the mighty Team Tikay?
  • edited February 2010
    Brilliant Result and never in doubt once I got back.

Nothing to do with my poker skill you understand just did a whole lot of overtime praying.

Put in the hard work and your god will go with you.

Bad luck Lisa-Marie and we look forward to you returning to your proper home, Burgundy Fields. As for Rich he can stay and jonah our next opponents.

As for my team mates, keep modest in our acheivements as we usually do and we will be  rewarded again.

GET IN THERE

God bless you all  
  • edited February 2010

Battered and bruised we emerge victorious - YEY!!!

Tremendous well done to Team LML - you all did your Lady Lisa PROUD and all deserve a huge HURRAH!!

One point? What happens in TKOIII? Are Lisa & Orf going to join the new challenger or come on home to roost?

Theoretically, by the end of the TKO series it could be Team TK v everyone else (obv. we'd still be humble winners) but personally I'd prefer it if this wasn't put to the test!!!

Team TK = 2
    Rest of Sky Poker = 0

Burgundy Fields Forever

x

• edited February 2010

Well done all team TK - I'll enjoy the winners freeroll next week 

This has been a truely inovative idea by Sky to team the community up against each other. People are always quick to point out short commings in any company they use so i thought i'd take this opportunity to big up the Sky Suits and whoever's idea this was. Not just to thank you but to say that ideas and community involvment like this are truely something that NO OTHER SITE offers

• edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Incoming from Suit-City - TKO II - The Result.:
    Well done all team TK - I'll enjoy the winners freeroll next week  This has been a truely inovative idea by Sky to team the community up against each other. People are always quick to point out short commings in any company they use so i thought i'd take this opportunity to big up the Sky Suits and whoever's idea this was. Not just to thank you but to say that ideas and community involvment like this are truely something that NO OTHER SITE offers
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    See also THIS
  • edited February 2010
    Battered and bruised we emerge victorious - YEY!!! Tremendous well done to Team LML - you all did your Lady Lisa PROUD and all deserve a huge HURRAH!! One point? What happens in TKOIII? Are Lisa & Orf going to join the new challenger or come on home to roost? Theoretically, by the end of the TKO series it could be Team TK v everyone else (obv. we'd still be humble winners) but personally I'd prefer it if this wasn't put to the test!!! Burgundy Fields Forever x
    Posted by TRIP5
    I have invited them both to join Team tikay for TKO III. They are both on board, no worries. 
  • edited February 2010
    Well done all team TK - I'll enjoy the winners freeroll next week  This has been a truely inovative idea by Sky to team the community up against each other. People are always quick to point out short commings in any company they use so i thought i'd take this opportunity to big up the Sky Suits and whoever's idea this was. Not just to thank you but to say that ideas and community involvment like this are truely something that NO OTHER SITE offers
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    +1
  • edited February 2010
    congrats to all tikayers  well played and  unlucky to all LML u made us fight all the way
  • edited February 2010
    great result well done TEAM TIKAY.

unlucky to lml
    but great game by all  so until next
    we are the champions
  • edited February 2010
    WE SOOOOOOOOO ROCK 
  • edited February 2010
    congrats i suppose ,

jammy gitts,

gl in the freeroll,

lol

ty sky for the  tko !
  • edited February 2010
    Well done team tikay excellent result  roll on next tuesday
  • edited February 2010
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM
  • edited February 2010

There was a young lady called Lisa,

Who thought no one could beat her,

She thought she had won,

As she banged on the drum,

But the Tikayers rallied, to defeat her.

Hard luck to team LML

2-1 up and all was going well,

Ahead and you’ve lost it,

You’ll do one more Forfeit,

Tikay wins TKOII, on the bell.

LML, DiggerMan and Apollo,

Find defeat, quite hard to swallow,

As they rant on the forum,

Tikay beats all before him,

And he’ll gloat like there’s no tomorrow.

Well played all Tikayers who cashed,

Two challengers now we have thrashed,

Team LML tried,

And Orford just sighed,

Have fun at your victory bash.

• edited February 2010

Lol, nice one Mr King.
  • edited February 2010
    Well done to both teams, but especially Team Tikay.  I will work on our most valuable player list later this evening - sorry its way behind the oppositions but its worth waiting for and in my defence we have had a close family bereavement and that has taken priority over poker and lists.

Well Done Us!!!!

Jan x
  • edited February 2010
    There was a young lady called Lisa, Who thought no one could beat her, She thought she had won, As she banged on the drum, But the Tikayers rallied, to defeat her.   Hard luck to team LML 2-1 up and all was going well, Ahead and you’ve lost it, You’ll do one more Forfeit, Tikay wins TKOII, on the bell.   LML, DiggerMan and Apollo, Find defeat, quite hard to swallow, As they rant on the forum, Tikay beats all before him, And he’ll gloat like there’s no tomorrow.   Well played all Tikayers who cashed, Two challengers now we have thrashed, Team LML tried, And Orford just sighed, Have fun at your victory bash.
    Posted by Red_King
    Very good Red_King, although should that say have fun at your losers bash?

x
  • edited February 2010
    Well done to Team Tikay for coming from behind to win.
    Team Lisa-Marie played so well but couldn't quite win the final leg.
  • edited February 2010
    Well done Team Tik....

Well done Team Ti...

Well done team Tika....

Nope, sorry- just can't say it- the words keep sticking in my throat.

WE WON MORE MONEY!!!

I demand a revision of the rules to accommodate this!!!!

(PS- Seriously well done Team Tikay and unlucky fellow Team LMLers- but damn good effort!)

• edited February 2010
    Well done Team Tik.... Well done Team Ti... Well done team Tika.... Nope, sorry- just can't say it- the words keep sticking in my throat. WE WON MORE MONEY!!! I demand a revision of the rules to accommodate this!!!! (PS- Seriously well done Team Tikay and unlucky fellow Team LMLers- but damn good effort!)
    Posted by RICHORFORD

What he said.

• edited February 2010
    congatulations to team tikay.  wow what a great  5 great weeks of competitive but friendly poker.. i dont mind being on the losing team to much, being a spurs fan im well used to it lol. seriously though loved every minute of it. thanks sky . keep up the good work. take care all.
  • edited February 2010
    As gesture of goodwill the guys at Sky Bet have refunded all losing bets on Lisa-Marie.

What a friendly bunch they are!
  • edited February 2010
    As gesture of goodwill the guys at Sky Bet have refunded all losing bets on Lisa-Marie. What a friendly bunch they are!
    Posted by Sky_Jack
    People BET - on Lisa to WIN?

Good grief.

Hope springs eternal, eh? Or "there's one born every minute"?
  • edited February 2010
    Well done Team Tikay, but after this fix I'm definitely leaving the site again. I can't be doing with the whole RNG thing being programmed to favour 'them'.
  • edited February 2010
    Well done Team Tikay, but after this fix I'm definitely leaving the site again . I can't be doing with the whole RNG thing being programmed to favour 'them'.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Its been 3 minutes are you back yet??