You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Turbo 6-Max SNG

edited February 2017 in Poker Chat
Would Sky consider putting Turbo 6 Max's in the lobby? I think they would be really fun a good middle ground between the Hypers and the Regular speed. I sort of think they would be more popular just like the DYM's too.

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Pretty sure these are already in the lobby as 'speed' sng?

although as an earlier poster has said, the 'speed' sng seem to have no tab & are completely lost in the lobby. 

• edited February 2017
    I'm not sure they do run anymore they used too. They don't at medium stakes anyway just regular 6 man sngs.... the speeds ran much more reguarly
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Turbo 6-Max SNG:
    I'm not sure they do run anymore they used too. They don't at medium stakes anyway just regular 6 man sngs.... the speeds ran much more reguarly
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Yes theres regular (7 min), Speed (5 min) and hyper (2min) at the moment.     Hyper under hyper filter, normal under regular filter and speed a bit lost. Plenty ran last night though, will be better if move them to the 'regular' tab
  • edited February 2017

5% rake on turbos ! 

Please? :) 
  • edited February 2017
    There is hyper tubos and turbos already in the lobby.

10% rake on the turbos and 5% on the hyper turbos.

Which really is not a bad rake deal.

So sad that these never run afaik.

Really think sky are missing a trick here, i've said it before but it's one of the most popular formats of every other poker site in the world. Instead people get pushed to the rake trap that is spin up tables, not to mention the current promotion...

They should atleast give hyper turbo sng's a chance with some sort of promotion one month but they said they don't want to, I'm pretty sure it's because they think it would take away from spin tables.

You could easily have new players being encouraged to play a fun fast format that is beatable yet still really good rake for Sky. Learn, improve and enjoy the great game of poker for a long period of time.

Instead we get spin ups where everyone slowly and depressingly lose their money to sky. Are we playing blackjack here? Slots? Bingo? No, it's poker... Sad stuff really...
  • edited February 2017
    I do think alot of it has to do with how the lobby is set up aswell, I'm sure sky did analystics on the best games to highlight in the lobby but It's really odd how like 99% of 6 man SNG's are DYM's when on other sites where things are advertised equally it's more like 70% normal SNG's and 30% DYM's.

Also, DYM's are less beatable and more infested with collusion.
  • edited February 2017
    It was Jims post that made me do this one, I found them but you have to be on 'All' and look through, I'm shocked these thing exist I really am, in my eyes 'regular' is just the normal SNGs and not DYM so always loooked there. Sky really should make these more obvious as it's a format I would play loads but genuinely have just never stumbled across them never just having All game selected. I though it was strange Jim used the word speed and I nearly posted in his thread saying 'Speed'? Not Hyper? But thought no must be a slip of the tounge but really sky should run them because they would be great. Thanks for all he help anyway guys. Much appreciated.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Turbo 6-Max SNG:
    I do think alot of it has to do with how the lobby is set up aswell, I'm sure sky did analystics on the best games to highlight in the lobby but It's really odd how like 99% of 6 man SNG's are DYM's when on other sites where things are advertised equally it's more like 70% normal SNG's and 30% DYM's. Also, DYM's are less beatable and more infested with collusion.
    Posted by SkootaT
    Not sure about the bolded bits.
    I think that Dyms are very beatable.
    Also as a Dym reg I see very little collusion. In a small player pool it's normally spotted very quickly. With respect it always seems to be the players who don't play Dyms that make the collusion claim
  • edited February 2017
    really suprises me they have been there all this time and I have never seen them. They really need a tab or as a minimum put under the regular tab :)
  • edited February 2017
    I do think alot of it has to do with how the lobby is set up aswell, I'm sure sky did analystics on the best games to highlight in the lobby but It's really odd how like 99% of 6 man SNG's are DYM's when on other sites where things are advertised equally it's more like 70% normal SNG's and 30% DYM's. Also, DYM's are less beatable and more infested with collusion.
    Posted by SkootaT
    That seems to be something of a generalisation insofar as Sky Poker is concerned.

Do you have some credible evidence to support that statement Mr Skoota?

Sporadically, collusion occurs, yes, but due to the size of the player pool it gets spotted & dealt with pretty quickly.

There are no shortage of players beating DYM's here, this cannot be disputed.

Appreciate you don't (it seems) like DYM's, but I don't think you should make such statements unless they are true.   
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: Turbo 6-Max SNG : That seems to be something of a generalisation insofar as Sky Poker is concerned. Do you have some credible evidence to support that statement Mr Skoota? Sporadically, collusion occurs, yes, but due to the size of the player pool it gets spotted & dealt with pretty quickly.   There are no shortage of players beating DYM's here, this cannot be disputed. Appreciate you don't (it seems) like DYM's, but I don't think you should make such statements unless they are true.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I didn't say they weren't beatable.

Just that they are less beatable due to payout structure, It's the same concept as making payout structures flatter in an MTT in general makes the game less beatable than if they are steeper. Not that they aren't beatable at all. I've seen alot of evidence of players winning over a large sample but that doesn't change the fact that they are less beatable.

"infested" is a bit of an overstatment on the collusion indeed, but collusion does happen and people seem to complain about it taking a while to get sorted out. My point being collusion is less prevelent and less effective at other types of SNG's.

I don't have some crusade against DYM's here, they are a fun SNG and clearly are very popular. I just don't like how the lobby is set up such that normal sit and goes pretty much never run as a result. I think highlighting DYM's is fair enough because they are probably the most popular, but the tab's should atleast be fixed as discussed by the guys above me.

and that would be Mr SKOOTA "T" to you sir. :D
  • edited February 2017
    I have played maybe 7 or 8000 dyms only only seen it once or twice
  • edited February 2017
    I have played maybe 7 or 8000 dyms only only seen it once or twice
    Posted by stuarty117
    I seem to have hit a nerve bad mouthing the great game of DYM's with you lot.

Not sure why this has turned into an argument about them. I just mean that by the nature of the game there will be more collusion.

Also, 8000 is a big sample but if it is only 7 then it's probably not enough to tell. 
  • edited February 2017
    I think there is still a valid point, which has been made before, which if possible I would like to see an answer too.

Currently only "normal" speed 6 max SNGs are highlighted in the "regular" lobby tab.
    You can see "hyper" speed 6 max SNGs in the "hyper" lobby tab.

You can only see speed 6 max SNGs in the All lobby. 

Also if you use the more detailed filters there is a speed filter but it is confusing for SNGs.

The speeds there are Slow Normal Quick Fast

Fast will show Hyper 6 max and Turbo DYMs
    Quick shows both normal speed and speed 6max SNGs

I would suggest changing the tabs at the top under the SNG lobby could be Normal DYM, Normal 6max, Fast DYM, Fast 6Max. 

Probably not surprising that some people do not even know that the 6max speed tables even exist.

• edited February 2017
    I never really understood why the speed sng were moved from the regular tab about 16/18 months ago? 
  • edited February 2017
    Perhaps a another way of simplifying would be to have 

6max (or regular if you want to leave it as that)
    DYM
    HU
    All-in

and show all speeds in each tab.

Then correct the sub-filters for people who want to find only certain speeds?