You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i have no online disclipline

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
i actually make a living travelling every night playing cash games in our local circut yet struggle online for some reason

my problem is i never believe anyone has anything and tend to get bored easily

i tried watching tv while playing but that kills my concentration, and focusing solely on the table eventualy bores me to the point of making silly moves

multi tabling is a bit of an answer, but to me that doesnt feel like real poker...as i understand it youre meant to play only the strong hands when doing this, so what do you learn and how do you improve by only playing strong hands?

anyone else have this problem? and if so how do you combat it?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    In Response to i have no online disclipline:
    i actually make a living travelling every night playing cash games in our local circut yet struggle online for some reason my problem is i never believe anyone has anything and tend to get bored easily i tried watching tv while playing but that kills my concentration, and focusing solely on the table eventualy bores me to the point of making silly moves multi tabling is a bit of an answer, but to me that doesnt feel like real poker...as i understand it youre meant to play only the strong hands when doing this, so what do you learn and how do you improve by only playing strong hands? anyone else have this problem? and if so how do you combat it?
    Posted by cyberman
    I have experienced the same problem mate, i came from playing 3 years of Live poker to playing online and been doing it seriously on here for nearly 3 months!! It is a lot harder because I feel I have had to change my game a lot obviously - I am still trying to perfect my online game but this will take time mate. I have tried multitabling and didn't like it so stick to 1 or 2 tables at a time!! Stick with it mate and ask people for advice, made some good friends on here who are willing to help. If I can be of any help then get in touch mate!!
  • edited February 2010
    thanks man

hopefully it isnt an expensive journey to sort this out lol