You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rake vs points in Spin up

edited March 2017 in Poker Chat
Morning all

Quick one

Played a spin up. First hand, UTG I Jam one caller from UTG plus one and all else fold. Sat down before hand with £5 and had £9.50 after (Bb was sat put so was no 50p in for them) so rake was 75p as £10.25 in middle

I win hand play an orbit and dash off. 

Just logged in and noticed got just one poker point. I thought was a £1 a point? Not a point for every £5 put in?

Any clarification be great. Was thinking of using spin up to boost points if close at end of week. Is this the norm or a glitch? Cheers

Comments

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Rake vs points in Spin up:
    Morning all Quick one Played a spin up. First hand, UTG I Jam one caller from UTG plus one and all else fold. Sat down before hand with £5 and had £9.50 after (Bb was sat put so was no 50p in for them) so rake was 75p as £10.25 in middle I win hand play an orbit and dash off.  Just logged in and noticed got just one poker point. I thought was a £1 a point? Not a point for every £5 put in? Any clarification be great. Was thinking of using spin up to boost points if close at end of week. Is this the norm or a glitch? Cheers
    Posted by Nuggy962
    It's 1 point per £1 of rake, not per £1 you put into the pot, and as you said, the rake was 75p (so it's been rounded up to you getting 1 point).

Fwiw, it should be halved anyway, so you and the other player both paid 37.5p of rake each (I think that's how it works), so 1 point is 'generous' in that spot.
  • edited March 2017
    Lambert its not 1 pt per £1 of rake

Is it not 6 pts per £1 of rake. 

so 37.5p you should get 2 - 3 pts 

Yes just checked : - 

Every time you contribute £1 in cash rake, you receive 6 Poker Points.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Rake vs points in Spin up:
    Lambert its not 1 pt per £1 of rake Is it not 6 pts per £1 of rake.  so 37.5p you should get 2 - 3 pts  Yes just checked : -  Every time you contribute £1 in cash rake, you receive 6 Poker Points.
    Posted by stuarty117
    Oh yeah, ignore me, not sure what site I'm thinking of where it's £1 = 1 point. 

Not sure what happened with OP then.
  • edited March 2017
    Ahh i see. I will pick up with CC and see if isolated incident or a global bug 

• edited March 2017
    Post the HH please because no way should there ever not be a BB.  If the guy due to be the BB sits out then it switches to the next before a hand is dealt.
  • edited March 2017
    Hi Tommy

Slight miss post, I was SB and BB called. 

This means total 50p rake paid from pot this mean the one point is correct? 

Hand ID if helps cant post the hand on mobile  1139944677
  • edited March 2017
    I have looked at the session in question and you contributed 25p of rake in the session.

In Cash Games you are awarded 6 points for every £1 of rake. If you had raked 33p you would have received 2 points. So there is no glitch. Hope this helps.

Sam
  • edited March 2017
    I have looked at the session in question and you contributed 25p of rake in the session. In Cash Games you are awarded 6 points for every £1 of rake. If you had raked 33p you would have received 2 points. So there is no glitch. Hope this helps. Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Brill thanks Sam 

• edited March 2017
    Thread of the year
  • edited March 2017
    Thread of the year
    Posted by Jac35
    lol, hows no one realised the main problem here... HES A HIT N RUNNER ;-(
  • edited March 2017