You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Vegas Games

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys,

we're going to start putting a bit more info about the various games available over in Sky Vegas in the announcements area of the forum.

we'd love to get your feedback.

to see the thread i'm talking about, click here.

Comments

• edited February 2010
     Response to Sky Vegas Games:
    Hi Guys, we're going to start putting a bit more info about the various games available over in Sky Vegas in the announcements area of the forum. we'd love to get your feedback. to see the thread i'm talking about, click here .
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich personally i think it is not such a good idea a thread on here last week i think it was was asking for the ability to self exclude from Sky Vegas because of the pitfalls which go hand in hand with this it is a very very fast way to lose money if you have no self control just my opinion and i am sure many others will be in favour so what will be will be
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky Vegas Games:
     Response to Sky Vegas Games : Hi Rich personally i think it is not such a good idea a thread on here last week i think it was was asking for the ability to self exclude from Sky Vegas because of the pitfalls which go hand in hand with this it is a very very fast way to lose money if you have no self control just my opinion and i am sure many others will be in favour so what will be will be
    Posted by mabsue
    Im in agreement with mabsue on this subject, personally I just believe it is promoting gambling, I know that it is just raising awarness of what Sky Vegas has to offer but imo sky poker and sky vegas should be kept sepreate because it can be a temptation for some players to pop on over to sky vegas when having taken a beat on the poker tables and having a reminder on this forum will only increase this imo.

Not really bothered, this won't affect me personally because I don't use Sky Vegas but just my opinion on the matter that's all :)
  • edited February 2010
    yeah for sure mabuse and it's a good opinion and something i'll definitely take into consideration.

one of the reasons for deciding to put the thread over in 'announcements' is that it's slightly out the way and you can go on with enjoying the community and GPC without coming into contact with it if you don't really want to.

• edited February 2010
    + dylan, the same goes for you - i really value your opinion and thanks for the feedback
  • edited February 2010
    You Mean "Sky Poker Announcements" therfore it is not relevent to that section of the forum.

Area 51 or the Shed for you me thinks.
  • edited February 2010
    Im one of the players who has a blowout on sky vegas now and again, was close to doing it last night but withdrew the majority of my money instead.

For me the thread wont make anyt difference, I know vegas is there, i know ill have a blowout at somepoint there, reading a thread about the games wont make me go there, its the gambler in me that makes me go there and alltho ive gotten better recently I betim there by the end of the month lol.

on a brighter note, I never deposit that much here, its only money i can afford, its generally winnings I waste which is a shame but nothing major :)

Gareth
  • edited February 2010
    It's all about battling Noel in Deal or No Deal lol :0
  • edited February 2010
    ok i lied maybe the post did make a difference, i went over to vega games last night lol.  was down to 50p and won the jackpot on deal or no deal for a whole fiver :)

Just working out the best way to spend that now

Gareth
  • edited February 2010

vegas should be banned from the poker forum all together, few months back everyone voted that they would like the option to self exclude themselves from vegas, we got told this was in the pipeline (lol)

but now sky seem to be announcing stuff about vegas in the poker section of the website, this is taking the biscuit imo

come on sky deliver on 1 of your promises!!