You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moaning Players

edited March 2017 in Poker Chat
I was going to have the title as something else but thought I might get in trouble for it so lol :-)

One thing I have noticed a lot of in online Poker is the number of players moaning about sites (not just Sky but pretty much every single site out there - check out the reviews on PokerScout and see what I mean). Seriously, it's like some people like nothing more than to whinge about losing their pennies here and there.

"The site is rigged" "Too many Donks" "The RNG is rubbish" "Too many bad beats" "I lost my chips because I called all-in against a tight regular with nothing more than a trash hand - how did I lose?"

You get the picture right?....

My advice is simple - Don't like a site then quit your whinging and leave it. Don't come back time and time again still moaning when obviously it can't be that bad because you're still here right.

Gee!!!!....What is wrong with people these days?

Comments

• edited March 2017

THIS POST PROVES PEOPLE LIKE WHINGING

POT AND KETTLE SYNDROM
  • edited March 2017
    I'm not whinging. I'm merely stating the point that it happens a lot and I just don't get it. I'm a contrary person though...play me at Poker and find out ;-)
  • edited March 2017
    Definitely seems to be a bit of pot and kettle syndrom ITT :)

It is basic human psychology...

Player deposits cash and envisages winning loads of money, when this repeatedly does not happen it causes cognitive dissonance and to 'square that circle' they have to accept one of the following...

(a) They are at fault.
    (b) The site is at fault.

Option 'b' is a much easier pill for people to swallow and therefore they subconsciously elect to believe option 'b'.

The players who can swallow the pill that is option 'a' will often critically reflect on their game, maybe learn the game on a deeper level and quite possibly become winning players. Or at the very least better players.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Moaning Players:
    Definitely seems to be a bit of pot and kettle syndrom ITT :) It is basic human psychology... Player deposits cash and envisages winning loads of money, when this repeatedly does not happen it causes cognitive dissonance and to 'square that circle' they have to accept one of the following... (a) They are at fault. (b) The site is at fault. Option 'b' is a much easier pill for people to swallow and therefore they subconsciously elect to believe option 'b'. The players who can swallow the pill that is option 'a' will often critically reflect on their game, maybe learn the game on a deeper level and quite possibly become winning players. Or at the very least better players.
    Posted by markycash
    Very good point as always. Psychology is obviously such an important part of Poker. I regularly lose and know when I am to blame (99% of the time) so hopefully one day I can become a more seasoned and better player such as yourself.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Moaning Players:
    I was going to have the title as something else but thought I might get in trouble for it so lol :-) One thing I have noticed a lot of in online Poker is the number of players moaning about sites (not just Sky but pretty much every single site out there - check out the reviews on PokerScout and see what I mean). Seriously, it's like some people like nothing more than to whinge about losing their pennies here and there. "The site is rigged" "Too many Donks" "The RNG is rubbish" "Too many bad beats" "I lost my chips because I called all-in against a tight regular with nothing more than a trash hand - how did I lose?" You get the picture right?.... My advice is simple - Don't like a site then quit your whinging and leave it. Don't come back time and time again still moaning when obviously it can't be that bad because you're still here right. Gee!!!!....What is wrong with people these days?
    Posted by PkDevil
    Great post, Mr Devil.

There are whole websites devoted to poker players moaning & groaning about so-called rigged sites. As you note, if we don't like a product, we don't buy it, right? It's really very simple. The truth, of course, is they are bad losers.

Maybe a glance at the World news every morning would give them a little perspective. Refugees fleeing poverty, oppression & wars, trying to give their family a safe roof over their heads & 3 meals a day, & they & their infant children drowning in the Mediterranean Sea when their overladen boat sinks, or suffocating in the back of a lorry parked in a lay-by somewhere in Central Europe.

Closer to home, many of our regular players are unwell, or battling against the odds to overcome physical problems without ever moaning. Do you read the Blog by QUICKFEET? Inspiring.

And then we go on the internet - another luxury many would & do die to have access to - & someone is doing his nut & pointing his fingers in all directions because he or she lost a tenner gambling.

Misplaced sense of entitlement ftw.

Bleurgh.

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Moaning Players : Very good point as always. Psychology is obviously such an important part of Poker. I regularly lose and know when I am to blame (99% of the time) so hopefully one day I can become a more seasoned and better player such as yourself.
    Posted by PkDevil
    Thanks for the kind words PK

I still have masses to learn in poker though, and in life for that matter! :D
  • edited March 2017
    Tikay - Always put it into the best perspective. I haven't read that blog yet but, you having mentioned, I will do if I can find it.

markycash - You're welcome bud. Yes, interesting what Poker can teach us about people and life in general too.
  • edited March 2017
    Definitely seems to be a bit of pot and kettle syndrom ITT :) It is basic human psychology... Player deposits cash and envisages winning loads of money, when this repeatedly does not happen it causes cognitive dissonance and to 'square that circle' they have to accept one of the following... (a) They are at fault. (b) The site is at fault. Option 'b' is a much easier pill for people to swallow and therefore they subconsciously elect to believe option 'b'. The players who can swallow the pill that is option 'a' will often critically reflect on their game, maybe learn the game on a deeper level and quite possibly become winning players. Or at the very least better players.
    Posted by markycash
    Absolutely spot on Mark, much easier to blame someone / something else than blame yourself. Goes for a lot of things in life in general, not just poker.

Cheers
    Greg.
  • edited March 2017
    I bet these guys all wanted ranieri sacked, they'll probably accuse the lottery of being rigged for getting 5 multiples of 7 in on draw oh yeh and what about all thoser bingo losses they rigged too. The'll probably even say chess is rigged.

I occassionally play online gaming and see the same sort of moaning all the time, those who play good are abused, they called a noob when it's the person calling them noob who is the poor player.
  • edited March 2017
    I was going to have the title as something else but thought I might get in trouble for it so lol :-) One thing I have noticed a lot of in online Poker is the number of players moaning about sites (not just Sky but pretty much every single site out there - check out the reviews on PokerScout and see what I mean). Seriously, it's like some people like nothing more than to whinge about losing their pennies here and there. "The site is rigged" "Too many Donks" "The RNG is rubbish" "Too many bad beats" "I lost my chips because I called all-in against a tight regular with nothing more than a trash hand - how did I lose?" You get the picture right?.... My advice is simple - Don't like a site then quit your whinging and leave it. Don't come back time and time again still moaning when obviously it can't be that bad because you're still here right. Gee!!!!....What is wrong with people these days?
    Posted by PkDevil

hi there, normally i would agree with all that you have said, im not the greatest player but i get by and im on a steady climb with my profit margin. been on this site for over 6 years and never played anywhere else, but in last couple of months i have noticed oddities with the rcg. with which i have put up a post only tonight about it. there are unusual trends with how the cards are coming out and law of probabilities its way too bizarre to be believed or taken lightly. id like to think its not just me, as i said im doing ok with my game and at the best ive been, just a feeling that something isnt quite right
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Moaning Players : hi there, normally i would agree with all that you have said, im not the greatest player but i get by and im on a steady climb with my profit margin. been on this site for over 6 years and never played anywhere else, but in last couple of months i have noticed oddities with the rcg. with which i have put up a post only tonight about it. there are unusual trends with how the cards are coming out and law of probabilities its way too bizarre to be believed or taken lightly. id like to think its not just me, as i said im doing ok with my game and at the best ive been, just a feeling that something isnt quite right
    Posted by benhur7200
    what is it that you think is wrong?
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Moaning Players : hi there, normally i would agree with all that you have said, im not the greatest player but i get by and im on a steady climb with my profit margin. been on this site for over 6 years and never played anywhere else, but in last couple of months i have noticed oddities with the rcg. with which i have put up a post only tonight about it. there are unusual trends with how the cards are coming out and law of probabilities its way too bizarre to be believed or taken lightly. id like to think its not just me, as i said im doing ok with my game and at the best ive been, just a feeling that something isnt quite right
    Posted by benhur7200
    i share that feeling brother.
  • edited March 2017
    Posted by PkDevil

If you dont like moaners maybe you should quit sky and use another site.

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Moaning Players : i share that feeling brother.
    Posted by Durtyass
    If you feel that something isn't quite right maybe you should quit Sky and use another site
  • edited March 2017
    THere are a lot of moaners on here, we all see them. they get it in bad lose and moan, or shove jj, lose to ace 10  and moan that the site is fixed. They do my head in. 
     I do see  players having terrible runs of cards on here sometimes for a long period of time, 1,000's of hands.  I think that its fine for them to have a moan. I feal their pain as i am sure you do as well. We all run bad sometimes and if you are in the middle of a run of bad beats I think thats fair enough.  Have a little grumble and move on.

As the famous mongooses often says (mainly winding people up!) "Tissue?"
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Moaning Players : If you dont like moaners maybe you should quit sky and use another site.
    Posted by Durtyass
    Too many mate. Any and every site. Can't escape them. Like a horde of ants biting your backside every time you try and take a seat.....Leave??.....Oh no. I may not like moaners but I recognise the probability of them being poor Poker players and intend to take as much of their money as possible.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Moaning Players : If you feel that something isn't quite right maybe you should quit Sky and use another site
    Posted by Jac35
    :-D
  • edited March 2017
    Posted by benhur7200
    the bigger the sample (ie the longer you play on a site) the more crazy sh** you will see. that´s the beauty of statisitics.

describe way too bizarre.

i´ve flopped a royal flush. if the next hand was another flopped royal flush would that be too bizarre. it certainly would be unusual and the odds of it happening are a gazillion to one. But on that gazillionth hand you will have it, just by luck, with a perfectly random rcg/rng.

so it´s very difficult to justify something being amiss just because it´s way too unusual.