You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How the hell long does a loosing streak last

edited March 2017 in Poker Chat
OK I play small money games

but no matter what hand I play it seems there is a better hand,, AK in hand as AKK flops yea all good, play it slow to draw them in and the opposition has AA in hand.

I could understand this if it was one off but FFS it seems every game I have played in last 6 months,, continuous low cards and when I got something worth betting on I get jack Sh!t, 

Just a rant I know but it bugs the hell out of me because I get like 2 and 9 off suit a lot of the time and if I get like a pair of ducks, rarely win on a pair of aces when I am fortunate enough to have them

So glad I am only playing low stakes

Comments

• edited March 2017
    If you've been losing for 6 months then perhaps its time to look closer to home?
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: How the hell long does a loosing streak last:
    If you've been losing for 6 months then perhaps its time to look closer to home?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I can play in person in arranged poker games and a few other sites, on here I did OK at the very start, I understand the odds too a degree, I am not winging, but asking how long it lasts on online poker ? there has to be an algorithm in place somewhere that we would hope is actually random :D    

I don't have same issues in pub league poker but I guess it is just that and not as exclusive as sky poker :D
  • edited March 2017
    to say I loose every single hand would also be inaccurate just mainly the ones that count, along with the poor card selection  that do not allow you to raise / call in the real world
  • edited March 2017
    online is way tougher than live pub leagues.

so you've probably got a combination of a unlucky streak as well as a losing game.

bad runs can go on for months, though. best is to spend some time studying the game, post some hands you're not sure about on the poker clinic to improve, and when you come out of the downswing you'll have a better chance of making some money.

glgl
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: How the hell long does a loosing streak last:
    In Response to Re: How the hell long does a loosing streak last : I can play in person in arranged poker games and a few other sites, on here I did OK at the very start, I understand the odds too a degree, I am not winging, but asking how long it lasts on online poker ? there has to be an algorithm in place somewhere that we would hope is actually random :D     I don't have same issues in pub league poker but I guess it is just that and not as exclusive as sky poker :D
    Posted by Pightlys

How long is a piece of string?

You can't compare pub league poker to the online game. In fact you can't really compare any strand of live poker to any online site.

As for your thinly veiled suggestion that the site might not be kosher, ultimately long term the good players win money and the bad players don't. The good players will look to improve aspects of their game and think things over and discuss rationally, the bad players will look to blame the site or other trivial things.

Up to you what camp you fall in.

Good luck.
  • edited March 2017
    A losing streak is as long as it is, in cash my longest losing streak is 6 weeks, and if that felt bad,. in tournies my longest losing streak is a bout a year. I get more winning streaks than losing ones though which keep me positive. If you keep getting continual losing streaks though, then perhaps you should look more to the basics of your play.
  • edited March 2017
    what is a losing streak ;)

honestly i class playing poker as winning so any losses is hey part of it. plus ive been playing with winnings which does help alot.

• edited March 2017
    how long is a pieace of string if u are on a bad run have a brea watch poker and some training videos always help 
  • edited March 2017
    I feel your pain.  I have had a run on here that is almost unbelievable.  6 straight flushes and a royal flush in 7 weeks. not so bad i hear you say.  Thing is, I am losing almot evry flip, every 80/20 (over pair vs under pair) or 70/30 (ak vs a10) hand that i get.  Then after a sick sick run of that i get a massive hand.

It has been going on for over 6 months now, but i didnt start recording the hands until earlier this year.

I guess its just poker.  Keep working on your game and play your 'A' game. Hopefully the tide will turn and you will run good. 
    I never want to see a royal or straight flush again, i just want to win some money!