You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham festival

edited March 2017 in Poker Chat
Does any one know the password

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Does anyone know how to say 'please' on these sorts of threads? 

At the risk of coming across all Mary Poppins, a little courtesy goes a long way. I'm not picking on you, I've just been seeing a lot of this lately and it's really gripping my baps. 

Anyway I don't know what it is. Hope you find it. Google will probably help. Good luck. 
  • edited March 2017
  • edited March 2017
    No probs man, I feel awful now. 

Hope you find it and take it down. 
  • edited March 2017

Please DO NOT post the Passwords on here.

Several posts which included the Password have been deleted by the Moderation Team.

These FREEROLLS are password protected FOR A REASON.

Enjoy the Freerolls, yes, but DO NOT post the Passwords on this Forum please.

Thank you.

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham festival:
    Please DO NOT post the Passwords on here.   Several posts which included the Password have been deleted by the Moderation Team. These FREEROLLS are password protected FOR A REASON. Enjoy the Freerolls, yes, but DO NOT post the Passwords on this Forum please. Thank you.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I understand about not posting passwords on the forum, but I have to say I have placed bets on the Cheltenham Festival every day using Sky Bet and didn't see the freeroll password anywhere. I looked all over the place without any joy, and managed to play one freeroll when I had to ask customer services for the password.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham festival : I understand about not posting passwords on the forum, but I have to say I have placed bets on the Cheltenham Festival every day using Sky Bet and didn't see the freeroll password anywhere. I looked all over the place without any joy, and managed to play one freeroll when I had to ask customer services for the password.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    +1 ..... I actually gave up looking after at least 30 minutes trying to find it.

(I thought the freeroll must have been for non SKYBET Club members)

• edited March 2017
    I really wish Sky would scrap the freeroll budget for the year and give the cash to some deserving causes.
  • edited March 2017
    I really wish Sky would scrap the freeroll budget for the year and give the cash to some deserving causes.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

which do you prefer kfc or McDonald's :}
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham festival : which do you prefer kfc or McDonald's :}
    Posted by churchy18

Crying with laughter here.
  • edited March 2017

Morning.

I have a little free time this morning, so I'm going to try & put some context on these Cheltenham Freerolls, & the misplaced sense of entitlement some of you may have.

First up, these were very specifically targeted at Sky Bet users, especially those who had not previously used Sky Poker. This is called cross-sell ("x-sell") and is an extremely important acquisition tool. It's good for the existing Sky Poker player base to attract new blood, & yes, it's good for Sky Poker, too.

For Sky Bet, Cheltenham week is THE busiest week of the year, & it's not even close. Sky Bet traffic was at record highs for all 4 days, they kept breaking the record day by day. (Bets per minute, stakes, acquisition etc).

So, it was THE perfect week to run some Freerolls on Sky Poker aimed SPECIFICALLY at those who use Sky Bet, but do not use Sky Poker.

More follows.........  
  • edited March 2017

These Freerolls were most specifically NOT targeted at the existing Sky Poker player base.

That is why they were not promoted anywhere on Sky Poker. And that is why the password could ONLY be obtained on Sky Bet.

If they had been aimed at the existing Sky Poker player base, they would have been promoted on this Forum & on the Promo Page. But they were not. The budget was very specifically targeted at those on Sky Bet who have not previously used Sky Poker.

If you think it through, there is ZERO benefit to Sky Poker in offering £5,000 worth of Cheltenham Freerolls to the existing player base. It does not in any way, shape or form monetise itself, & Sky Poker is not a charity. When Sky Poker give money away, they always have a motive.

It only monetises itself if it attracts Sky Bet users who do not usually use Sky Poker.

More follows; 

• edited March 2017

Was it open to existing Sky Poker regulars?

Yes, of course.

Not by choice really, they don't have much choice do they?

But for sure, Sky Poker were absolutely NOT going to promote the password here on the Sky Poker Forum or Promo Pages. If you guys use a little initiative & common sense, it's dead easy to find, & good luck to you. No arguments there, find the password & you can go play them. 

But DO NOT post the passwords on this Forum.

A) it makes NO SENSE so to do, & 

B) it might result in the loss of chat privileges. And nobody wants that.

• edited March 2017

As players, none of us have an ENTITLEMENT to Freerolls UNLESS they are part of a Promo, or the Rewards Scheme.

So if you can't get in the Rewards Freerolls & you have met the criteria, (or any other Promo linked Freeroll) you have the right to have a bit of a whine. Fair cop Guv.

For Freerolls which are not promoted here by Sky Poker, we as players have ZERO RIGHTS.

I have to say, I'm utterly & completely baffled why anyone would post a "protected" password on here. Think about it - nobody benefits, & everyone loses.

• edited March 2017

I do hope that explains it all a bit better, we can move forward together in future with both parties - The Business & the players - understanding each other better. 

And that is why it is great that we have a Forum.

Sky Poker are the only site with a Forum these days because players on other sites did not always think before posting. So they lost their forum.

I would really hate that we lost this forum.  

• edited March 2017

Well I'm nearly in Manchester now - how great is Wifi ON A TRAIN? - so I'm about done.

When I next have 20 minutes to spare, I'll maybe try & tell you the story of how thoughtless behaviour by a handful of players could end up meaning NO MORE FRENZY SATELLITES. 

It's not quite reached that stage yet. A few players have been warned already, & have, for now, lost their chat rights.

If the abuse of Frenzy's by this very small number of players continues, or spreads, it may well mean the end of Frenzy Satellites. And Frenzy satellites are good for both parties - they improve liquidity, reduce overlay, & for players, it's a means of an ultra cheap entry.

Quite why players would deliberately sabotage their viability is another matter altogether. Poker players do THE weirdest things.

And in more exciting news - I'm about to pass over the world famous Stockport Viaduct, one of the world's finest brick-built viaducts.

Jealous?

Thought as much.    

• edited March 2017
    Ooooooh Stockport Viaduct you lucky man did you know it took 11,000.000 bricks to build it good to see you back firing on all cylinders Tikay hope  your 100% now.
  • edited March 2017
    Teeks - forum tilt is off the menu during recuperation from misfire. As is train/bridge induced over excitement :)

• edited March 2017
    Great to have you back.
  • edited March 2017
    Agree 100% that passwords should not be posted on the forum.

For balance though.

It is a cross-site promotion so surely that works both ways, poker playing types who enter and win a skybet token will then be paying skybet a visit.

As Brrrrr and Misty have indicated the real issue with this particular promotion was that other than on the first day it run, the password was not clearly visible on the Skybet site - had it been there would not have been so many posts about the password. 

On the first day the promo ran, the freeroll was advertised in the central banner at the top of the skybet home page, click on the banner and it linked to the page where that password was visible. That main page link never appeared again.