You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skypoker - help please re cancelled tourney

edited March 2017 in Poker Chat
Hi

I contatced live chat support last night to ask about the following - but they couldn't give me an answer and said I'd hear back today (but I haven't).  Please can someone at Sky Towers try to get this sorted soon?

Last night I won the 6.35pm satellite game for entry into the 8.15pm Las Vegas £60 Qtr final.  I was showing as regged in the lobby for the game - together with one other.  Unfortunately the other satellites and frenzy game hadn't finished yet and so at 8.15pm there was still just 2 players regged for the qtr final.  The qtr final was then cancelled as not enough players to start the game.  Fair enough (but do think the time should have been put back 15 or 30 mins to allow for the other feeder games to finish).

The issue I have is that I've been credited back my "buy in" to the qtr final - which was obviously marked as zero.  I was asking live support last night to put me into tonights qtr final game instead but was told that's not possible as I didn't win entry to tonights - only to last nights (which didn't run!).  So for winning the £13.20 satellite game I should surely either have entry to tonights qtr final game - or the cash equilalent of £60.00.

It's now after 3pm and I still haven't had response from the live support team last night who were going to email me a solution today.  I've checked the lobby and I'm not showing as registered for tonights qtr final game and my balance hasn't increased by the £60 so I'm guessing it's still not sorted.

I believe Idonkcallu has the same issue as myself - he won the frenzy game for entry to last nights qtr final game - but the frenzy finished after the qtr final game was cancelled so he's also due either £60 or entry into tonights qtr final game instead.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    same as me rose i qualified via £2.20 frenzy into a £60 vegas sat but the £60 sat got cancelled as not enough runners so i dont know what happens i hope i get to play the £60 game tonight or some time during the week i understand i wont get the cash value of the price but i be happy to play any tournament of the cash equivilant of the sat i qualified in 
  • edited March 2017
    i hope you get this sorted rose. sorry for hijacking your post but does any one know how long a chat ban lasts as i think i might be banned for chatting tried chatting and nothing coming up on screen i did get in to an argument with some one the other night and he said he was reporting me oh well .
  • edited March 2017
    ive asked in the suggestions section about 6 months ago now about the 6.45 micro sat being put back to 6.30 cuz it over ran the late reg of the 7. 15 semi , ive also put it in a suggestions box when filling out a sky poker survey just last week weather the right peron reads it i don,t know but you can only ask , i stopped playing the 6. 45 micro sat for the reasons above
    edit:it was the feedback section that i asked the question
  • edited March 2017

Hi Rose,

I can't assist with this tonight I'm afraid, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. All the Suits are either still in Manchester or on their way back.

I hope you get properly settled, & I'm sure you will.

However, folks have been messing about with things such as Frenzy Satellites, & exploiting situations, so Sky Poker will be taking a tougher line in future, & if that does not bring an end to the problems, there will not be any more Frenzy's. Several players have been chat-banned already.

I must add there is absolutely no suggestion that you have done anything improper.  

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Skypoker - help please re cancelled tourney:
    Hi Rose, I can't assist with this tonight I'm afraid, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. All the Suits are either still in Manchester or on their way back. I hope you get properly settled, & I'm sure you will. However, folks have been messing about with things such as Frenzy Satellites, & exploiting situations, so Sky Poker will be taking a tougher line in future, & if that does not bring an end to the problems, there will not be any more Frenzy's. Several players have been chat-banned already.   I must add there is absolutely no suggestion that you have done anything improper.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I saw you mention this on another thread, and I'd like to know more if possible. I enjoy the frenzy games and will join them if I'm on and they're running. Whatever the messing, could there be another solution rather than to pull the games. DYMs don't get pulled where folks are found to be up to no good.

Thanks, and glad to see you're back to better health Tikay.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Skypoker - help please re cancelled tourney:
    Hi I contatced live chat support last night to ask about the following - but they couldn't give me an answer and said I'd hear back today (but I haven't).  Please can someone at Sky Towers try to get this sorted soon? Last night I won the 6.35pm satellite game for entry into the 8.15pm Las Vegas £60 Qtr final.  I was showing as regged in the lobby for the game - together with one other.  Unfortunately the other satellites and frenzy game hadn't finished yet and so at 8.15pm there was still just 2 players regged for the qtr final.  The qtr final was then cancelled as not enough players to start the game.  Fair enough (but do think the time should have been put back 15 or 30 mins to allow for the other feeder games to finish). The issue I have is that I've been credited back my "buy in" to the qtr final - which was obviously marked as zero.  I was asking live support last night to put me into tonights qtr final game instead but was told that's not possible as I didn't win entry to tonights - only to last nights (which didn't run!).  So for winning the £13.20 satellite game I should surely either have entry to tonights qtr final game - or the cash equilalent of £60.00. It's now after 3pm and I still haven't had response from the live support team last night who were going to email me a solution today.  I've checked the lobby and I'm not showing as registered for tonights qtr final game and my balance hasn't increased by the £60 so I'm guessing it's still not sorted. I believe Idonkcallu has the same issue as myself - he won the frenzy game for entry to last nights qtr final game - but the frenzy finished after the qtr final game was cancelled so he's also due either £60 or entry into tonights qtr final game instead.
    Posted by IrishRose

It can't be right that you do not get entry to another QF or cash equivalent. I came 2nd to you and picked up £36. Hope you get it sorted.
  • edited March 2017
    I contacted support again today for the 3rd time at 6.20pm.  They did put me into the 6.30pm game in the end (where I think I went straight out of lol).

• edited March 2017
    ...always the way
  • edited March 2017
    Hi Rose,

Apologies that you may not have received the best serive on this one. As Tikay mentioned the entire team were in Manchester so were not on hand to help with this one. Whilst customer care do endeavour to help as much as they possibly can sometimes their poker knowledge is not what we would hope. Sadly poker queries add up to about 2% of all contacts that customer care receive which means advisors may go weeks without answering a poker query. It is our job as a team to help educate the guys in the contact centre and improve their knowledge on poker and we will pick this area up with them.

I am pleased you eventually got it sorted and I am sorry once again that it took so long.

Sam