You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS POLL - Sky Poker need your opinion

edited March 2017 in Poker Chat

Sky Poker are interested in your views on whether the Super High Roller should count towards the Leaderboard.

Comments

• edited March 2017

Feel free to post a written opinion, in addition to your vote, please.

The thread will be sent to the Office early next week for their consideration.
  • edited March 2017
    I do think that the High Roller should count towards the Leaderboard, because I think all the tournaments should be included to find the best player of the week. I know the buy-in is out of a lot of people's BR (certainly mine), but i presume there will be affordable satellite options, and if you are in with a chance of finishing high up the leaderboard, you will surely have won enough cash to buy-in anyway.

GOOD LUCK for the week everyone, and thank you SKY for putting UKOPS on again
  • edited March 2017

i think that the games in the ukops festival and the total player league for the festival must be the same.  include the high roller or not, it doesn't trouble me either way.  but know that total player is absurd if it becomes total player excluding this, or total player excluding that.

• edited March 2017

I think it should be included, however, there will be a small % of players who may just play the HR and nothing else, along with players who play virtually everything else apart from the HR. Or you could just award the Leaderboard prize to Stay or Go now and then there wont be an issue ;)
  • edited March 2017
    I ticked no but thats just because it would suit me as the super high roller is way out of my roll but upon reflection a leaderboard for best UKOPS player should include all UKOPS games
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: UKOPS POLL - Sky Poker need your opinion:
    i think that the games in the ukops festival and the total player league for the festival must be the same.  include the high roller or not, it doesn't trouble me either way.  but know that total player is absurd if it becomes total player excluding this, or total player excluding that.
    Posted by aussie09

Absurd? Really?

It's a UKOPs game so should probably be included, but equally could understand if Sky decided to keep it out as the tournament is an 'anonoly' in the schedule.

There are plenty of games in the series, does it make much difference either way?
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: UKOPS POLL - Sky Poker need your opinion : Absurd? Really? It's a UKOPs game so should probably be included, but equally could understand if Sky decided to keep it out as the tournament is an 'anonoly' in the schedule. There are plenty of games in the series, does it make much difference either way?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    (not going to argue with you harry.)

we agree, it is a ukops game and should be included.  we agree, sky could choose to keep it out of the schedule.  now consider whether the phrase "total player" should come with an asterisk.  the original question is about this.

• edited March 2017
    I believe every body should be given a chance.
    There should be a leaderboard at evry level so that the best poker player is found.Should not be confined to high rollers.
    That is why I voted no!
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: UKOPS POLL - Sky Poker need your opinion : (not going to argue with you harry.) we agree, it is a ukops game and should be included.  we agree, sky could choose to keep it out of the schedule.  now consider whether the phrase "total player" should come with an asterisk.  the original question is about this.
    Posted by aussie09

It was you using 'absurd', which itself was absurd and ridiculously dramatic.

You can be ''total player'' with the £530 excluded, its a one off high roller, Sky don't have to shoehorn it in as it isn't reflective of the series. Equally, it is a UKOPs game so there is a logic to including it.

However, I think it's completely at their discretion what to do and neither decision is 'absurd'.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: UKOPS POLL - Sky Poker need your opinion : It was you using 'absurd', which itself was absurd and ridiculously dramatic. You can be ''total player'' with the £530 excluded, its a one off high roller, Sky don't have to shoehorn it in as it isn't reflective of the series. Equally, it is a UKOPs game so there is a logic to including it. However, I think it's completely at their discretion what to do and neither decision is 'absurd'.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    we agree once again, neither decision by sky poker is absurd.  however, you miss the finer point again harry.

the absurd bit is about the use of the title "total" when it is applied to fewer than all events scheduled in the festival. 

ps.  this is a poll seeking opinions.  we are all free to hold an opinion.  i have mine and you have yours.  where you extend yourself is when you try and dismiss someone else's opinion.

• edited March 2017
    Including every event in a total player leaderboard makes sense to me. Think it will further incentivise those competing to try and satellite in. I think it makes more sense to include it than exclude it
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: UKOPS POLL - Sky Poker need your opinion : we agree once again, neither decision by sky poker is absurd.  however, you miss the finer point again harry. the absurd bit is about the use of the title "total" when it is applied to fewer than all events scheduled in the festival.  ps.  this is a poll seeking opinions.  we are all free to hold an opinion.  i have mine and you have yours.  where you extend yourself is when you try and dismiss someone else's opinion.
    Posted by aussie09

No, I'm not missing anything.

If Sky want to run the leaderboard as 'total player' but don't include the £530 in this, then that isn't absurd. There are plenty of absurd things in life, that isn't one of them.

Should they call it 'Almost total player' then? Would that be less absurd?
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: UKOPS POLL - Sky Poker need your opinion : No, I'm not missing anything. If Sky want to run the leaderboard as 'total player' but don't include the £530 in this, then that isn't absurd. There are plenty of absurd things in life, that isn't one of them. Should they call it 'Almost total player' then? Would that be less absurd?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

nope, there is still no need to argue with you harry.

• edited March 2017
    First Points, in my opinion:

UKOPS is Very Good
    The Leaderboard is a welcome edition to UKOPS
    The UKOPS Super High Roller event is the pinnacle of mtt's on Sky Poker and the Gold Cup of a UKOPS festival.

My most memorable moments from the previous UKOPS, were winning a seat into the Super High Roller and then final tabling (I lasted one hand on the final table, but it was a final table) for a tidy 4 figure sum which ensured a profitable UKOPS.

I was also 'in the money' on the leaderboard and remember thinking I might have been awarded double leaderboard points for my achievement in the Super High Roller and thought it very odd that success in the UKOPS 'Gold Cup', had been rewarded with no leaderboard points.

Its a bit like telling the winning jockey at Cheltenham he wasn't top jockey after all, because one of his wins came in the Gold Cup and victories in the Gold Cup don't count when it comes to giving our prizes for the most successful jockeys.

That's my take on it anyway.

• edited March 2017
    I will give some of these a go, not sure how many but it is unlikely (although not ruling it out yet) that I will play the £530. I still think it should be included though (as long as it only offers the same amount of points for winning/cashing as other tourneys*). I mean some will not want to play PLO or PLO8 but these are still included.

* I do see the sense in scoring systems that offer higher leaderboard points for bigger buy in tourneys but this one is massively higher than most other games so that scoring format would skew results a bit/a lot.

P.S. I am not sure which system Sky uses for leaderboard scoring so this may be a mute point.
  • edited March 2017
    I will give some of these a go, not sure how many but it is unlikely (although not ruling it out yet) that I will play the £530. I still think it should be included though (as long as it only offers the same amount of points for winning/cashing as other tourneys*). I mean some will not want to play PLO or PLO8 but these are still included. * I do see the sense in scoring systems that offer higher leaderboard points for bigger buy in tourneys but this one is massively higher than most other games so that scoring format would skew results a bit/a lot. P.S. I am not sure which system Sky uses for leaderboard scoring so this may be a mute point.
    Posted by markycash
     quiet please ;-)
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: UKOPS POLL - Sky Poker need your opinion :  quiet please ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Now now Paul... :-P
  • ommomm
    edited March 2017
    Seems to me that The Dart's post is the reason it should be included. 

We all have the same opportunity to qualify through sats and s long as you get the same points as other tournaments I can see any issue with it be included. Personally I'm more likel to play this than the PLO tournaments. 

Regardless the leaderboard is a great addition to UKOPS. 
  • edited March 2017

i'm not sure whether everyone recalls that the points awarded for any one game is exactly the same as all others. 

assuming it is the same system as used last time.  therefore, for example, winning the plo8 ukops game means exactly the same as winning the main event, or the rebuy, or the high roller. 

the points awarded bear no relation to buy-in. 

every game in the total player league is as meaningful as the next.  no more, no less.

• edited March 2017
    i'm not sure whether everyone recalls that the points awarded for any one game is exactly the same as all others.  assuming it is the same system as used last time.  therefore, for example, winning the plo8 ukops game means exactly the same as winning the main event, or the rebuy, or the high roller.  the points awarded bear no relation to buy-in.  every game in the total player league is as meaningful as the next.  no more, no less.
    Posted by aussie09
    Really hard for me to see any merit in not letting the main event winner/cashers get points for the leaderboard in that case. 
  • edited March 2017

How about this as a consideration for next time...

Including the satellites in the leaderboard.

You could give people points for getting the "Full Set" of satellites or just pick four events, (maybe the HR is one) and say if you get all four in a sat you get xyz points. You could even just have the sat for the HR in the leaderboard.

I totally understand that the HR is way above most of the other events in buy-in and maybe this gives people a chance to sort of cancel out the advantage that the HR players have...obviously the HR players may play satellites too but probably those that buy-in for £500+ wont play satellites to the £20 events.

It could help the satellites to get a few extra players.

It could also be an administrative nightmare and a not very well thought out idea.