You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Site unplayable

edited March 2017 in Poker Chat
Tables wont load and when they do load you get to play about three hands before it disconects again. Usually when your i the middle of a pot too

Comments

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Site unplayable:
    Tables wont load and when they do load you get to play about three hands before it disconects again. Usually when your i the middle of a pot too
    Posted by bolly580
    That really sounds like a connection problem on your end bolly. Otherwise loads of players would be complaining. Even if you have other sites running... It could be a problem with your setup causing the issue like issues with Java or Adobe or stale pages or your CPU having issues handling the Sky software. Could be a load of things.

If you are using the download client you could try playing from your browser? The browser works great for me. I can never get the download client to work but it is just because my laptop is circa 1980 :)
  • edited March 2017
    Lots of problems this eve. Cant all have connection issues...
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Site unplayable:
    In Response to Site unplayable : That really sounds like a connection problem on your end bolly. Otherwise loads of players would be complaining. Even if you have other sites running... It could be a problem with your setup causing the issue like issues with Java or Adobe or stale pages or your CPU having issues handling the Sky software. Could be a load of things. If you are using the download client you could try playing from your browser? The browser works great for me. I can never get the download client to work but it is just because my laptop is circa 1980 :)
    Posted by markycash
    lot of people been complaining tonight matey pretty sure its a problem at their end.
  • edited March 2017
    Yes i have had the same issues tonight as you Bolly.  I only use this computer for sky poker, nothing else. I paid to play in the £4k quarter final tonight.  It took me 500 chips to finally be seated.  I wrote to sky complaining, i expect to get a refund of the entry fee. 

I made it to 7th place in the end, but all through the tournament other players were also complaining of the same problem.  
    When I was on the second to last table i wasn't able to open the other table up to observe how they were playing, (which is obviously a big disadvatage).
    The site has loads of issues with the software, when I tried to live chat to them about it tonight there was a 10 minute waiting period due to high volume of people (complaining with the same problem that we had I bet).

This is the second time this issue has occured.  The last time, (about 2 months ago) they started trying to say it was an issue with my computer, but I had spoken to other players and they all had issues at the same time.

4 other players on the 2 tables I spoke to in my quarter final tonight had problems the same as we experienced.

I have never played using the download.
    Interestingly 3 of the other players who complained to me about this software failure tonight are priority players (which i am at the mo).  I will be interested to see how much sky values their priority players......
    We will see what sky poker say about this 1........

• edited March 2017
    I have had issues tonight in the UKOPS satellites. It took 9 minutes before the 1st satellite table loaded, and because I thought it had been resolved I entered a 2nd satellite which took 20minutes to load, and half my chips !!! i actually still managed to get to HUp in the 2nd one but FTQ.

I spoke to Customer Care about it and they were absolutely fantastic and refunded the buy-ins straight away, as they acknowledged there had been an issue with some people playing tonight, which has all been sorted now i believe. So anyone who has had a problem, go to HELP & SUPPORT - SKY Poker and speak to them, they are great.

Brilliant service on what must have been a very stressful night for them. 

Thank you SKY Poker CC
  • edited March 2017

Guys,

Please see the main thread about this issue
    HERE

Please use the main thread if you have any further comments or feedback.

It's much better if we keep it to a single thread, so I'll close this thread now.