You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Collusion detection

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
Just spotted a new option on a certain results site for "collusion detection".

Apparently it is only on Beta for gold members so I can't try it.

Has anyone had a go?

What do people think of the specific tool if they can try it?

What about the principle of having a tool anyone (with a subscription) can use?

On the one hand fighting collusion has to be good.

However, my worry here is that it will offer "false positives" and disgruntled players will complain to sites on the back of the results "confirming" their own suspicions and then all hell will break loose if the site doesn't agree.

Over a small sample bad play or inattentive play can look like collusion and just because people play on the same table alot it doesn't mean they collude.

Comments

• edited March 2017
    dialbi will be mashing that more than the fold button
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Collusion detection:
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Only if your not on his list :)
  • edited March 2017
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Gold
  • edited March 2017
    Posted by Donttelmum

Post of the week, WP

• edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Collusion detection : Post of the week, WP
    Posted by Phantom66
    +1
  • edited March 2017
    some one wake me up zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzIn Response to Collusion detection:
    Just spotted a new option on a certain results site for "collusion detection". Apparently it is only on Beta for gold members so I can't try it. Has anyone had a go? What do people think of the specific tool if they can try it? What about the principle of having a tool anyone (with a subscription) can use? On the one hand fighting collusion has to be good. However, my worry here is that it will offer "false positives" and disgruntled players will complain to sites on the back of the results "confirming" their own suspicions and then all hell will break loose if the site doesn't agree. Over a small sample bad play or inattentive play can look like collusion and just because people play on the same table alot it doesn't mean they collude.
    Posted by Phantom66
  • edited March 2017
    some one wake me up zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzIn Response to Collusion detection:
    Just spotted a new option on a certain results site for "collusion detection". Apparently it is only on Beta for gold members so I can't try it. Has anyone had a go? What do people think of the specific tool if they can try it? What about the principle of having a tool anyone (with a subscription) can use? On the one hand fighting collusion has to be good. However, my worry here is that it will offer "false positives" and disgruntled players will complain to sites on the back of the results "confirming" their own suspicions and then all hell will break loose if the site doesn't agree. Over a small sample bad play or inattentive play can look like collusion and just because people play on the same table alot it doesn't mean they collude.
    Posted by Phantom66
  • edited March 2017
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Collusion detection : +1
    Posted by EvilPingu
    +2 LOL