You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPOC!!

edited February 2010 in Sky Poker Tournaments
Hi there.... first post on here but been a regular on the site for about a year and can't get enough of it, so much better than any other sites, it just feels more homely and friendly on here so thumbs up for that!!

Just whilst i was daydreaming the other day i wondered about the possibility of a "Sky Poker Online Championships" (SPOC - hence the title) just a bit like the WCOOP on Pokerstars and FTOPS on Full Tilt. An annual series would surely do no harm for the site and would bring the community closer together and gain more recognition further afield in the online industry.

Just a wild thought i know and don't know if its been done/discusses/declined before but would be amazing and be something to look forward to.... opinions?

James

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Hey Grintler, Welcome to the Forum!

I think this is a great idea, something similar was suggested in a thread a while ago but to be honest I lost track of it so don't know the outcome...nice of you to raise it again, I'll try to pay attention this time :o)

x
  • edited February 2010

Hi Grintler

A very warm welcome to the forum, Trip5 is correct, something similar was posted on the forum a while back and I think it was passed to the suits, I know there are a few things in the pipeline, so maybe this is one of them, but love that name, you never know they could use it.

• edited February 2010
    In Response to SPOC!!:
    Hi there.... first post on here but been a regular on the site for about a year and can't get enough of it, so much better than any other sites, it just feels more homely and friendly on here so thumbs up for that!! Just whilst i was daydreaming the other day i wondered about the possibility of a "Sky Poker Online Championships" (SPOC - hence the title) just a bit like the WCOOP on Pokerstars and FTOPS on Full Tilt. An annual series would surely do no harm for the site and would bring the community closer together and gain more recognition further afield in the online industry. Just a wild thought i know and don't know if its been done/discusses/declined before but would be amazing and be something to look forward to.... opinions? James
    Posted by GRINTLER
    Hi and welcome. If you look in community suggestions there is a thread started by Pokertrev suggesting this and even eith the same name!! SPOC. You and Trev must be telepathic. Its a great idea by the way.
  • edited February 2010
    I think this is a ''bump''

I've never ever seen pokertrev and grintler in the same place together.

btw. A big welcome to Grintler, take your shoes off, stay a while. Just watch out for the nutters, there's a lot on here.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: SPOC!!:
    I think this is a ''bump'' I've never ever seen pokertrev and grintler in the same place together. btw. A big welcome to Grintler, take your shoes off, stay a while. Just watch out for the nutters, there's a lot on here.
    Posted by elsadog
    Hi, thanks for all your welcomes, ive just realised pokertrev did bring this up in the community section and can assure you all that i didnt see it before and just one strange co-incidence!! lol. However, i can't see anyone disagreeing with either of the posts.... lets go sky team and prepare for the SPOCS 2011!!!!!
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: SPOC!!:
    In Response to Re: SPOC!! : Hi, thanks for all your welcomes, ive just realised pokertrev did bring this up in the community section and can assure you all that i didnt see it before and just one strange co-incidence!! lol. However, i can't see anyone disagreeing with either of the posts.... lets go sky team and prepare for the SPOCS 2011!!!!!
    Posted by GRINTLER
    Hey its no problem :)
  • edited February 2010

As far as is known there is "Something" being prepared for one of the new initiatives. No one has the full details on this yet as they haven't been released but rumour has it that sky will indeed hold some form of online event / festival / championship in the future

• edited February 2010
    In Response to SPOC!!:
    Hi there.... first post on here but been a regular on the site for about a year and can't get enough of it, so much better than any other sites, it just feels more homely and friendly on here so thumbs up for that!! Just whilst i was daydreaming the other day i wondered about the possibility of a "Sky Poker Online Championships" (SPOC - hence the title) just a bit like the WCOOP on Pokerstars and FTOPS on Full Tilt. An annual series would surely do no harm for the site and would bring the community closer together and gain more recognition further afield in the online industry. Just a wild thought i know and don't know if its been done/discusses/declined before but would be amazing and be something to look forward to.... opinions? James
    Posted by GRINTLER
    Hi Grintler.
    Glad you could join us in the forum and welcome. Looks like you've seen my post in the community suggestions area and I am delighted other people have similar thoughts regarding this type of tournament.

Please show as much support as you can to this idea and maybe one day soon it will happen. I have been told that the sky team are working on some great new ideas right now and this type of tourny is in the mix so hopefully we will see what is in the pipeline real soon.

Pokertrev
    (Official Suite)