You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another Poker joke....

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
There was a poker player who ended up marrying his first girlfriend. They lived happily for many years and the only thing  they ever argued about was his constant losing at the table.  
"Why don't you read some books about the game" she would say.  "You can study and get better"
He would reply, " I played it right, the guy should have folded in that spot, he's an idiot!"
"An idiot with our money!" she would reply.

The years rolled by but unfortunately the terrible losing run continued.  However, their love for each other was growing stronger and stronger by the year, and his wife had a feeling in the back of her mind that one day he would turn this terrible run around and come out a winner.

After a few more years the land next door was bought by a lady who started to farm chickens.  She was beautiful, and appeared to take a real shine to the hapless poker playing fool.  They would sit and play poker together for hours in his study and his loving relationship with his wife started to dwindle a bit.  Soon he was spending more time with his atractive neighbour than his wife.

His wife tried to speak to him about it, but the man always assured his wife that nothing was going on, and that he loved her very much.  

The years rolled by and his poor gambling appeared to be getting worse with more and more of the household finances being used to fuel his reckless gambling. He was practically living in the study with the beautiful lady from next door.

Finally, after about 5 years of this new level of crazy gambling fuelled by the new neighbours interest the mans wife decided to have it out with her husband once and for all.
She went through his pockets one day while he was out and found a key to the safe that was in his study.  She had never looked in the safe before.  Thinking that she might find something out about her husband she took the key and unlocked the safe.  She felt bad for sneaking about, but slowly, slowly she opened the safe's door.  Inside the safe was a HUGE pile of £20 notes, she guessed at least 5 or 10 thousand pounds!! On top of the notes was a single egg in a box.

Just then she heard the front door close and her husband came in to the study!

"What do you think your doing in my safe" He shouted.
"Oh my love, I had this horrid feeling that something was going on between you and that beautiful lady with the chickens next door!  But I should have know better.  And look at all this money!! I knew you could turn the poker around!

" I have been a bit untruthfull with you, I have been sleeping with the lady next door" said the man ashamed of his lies.

"every time I made love to her she would give me an egg".

His wife turned and looked in the safe, 
"Well my love, there's only 1 egg in the box, we have been married for 25 years, thats not so bad, and look at all the money you have won playing poker!"

The man looked down at his feet, and replied,

"Honey, I didn't win it playing poker, every time I filled the egg box I would sell them!"

Comments