You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Viva Las Vegas Rake Race Leagues

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
Many of you will already be aware that Sky are currently running Vegas rake race leagues. In general these are a fun and rewarding promotion to take part in and the actual event and hospitality are always decent. However, yesterday, after a previous 5 day hard grind (and I really mean hard) the leaderboards were not updated until literally midnight and only after being persistent with the live chat guys to get it sorted. Now I'm completely aware that Sky don't run these promotions for the sake of it but to encourage play and hopefully profit from the rake. Seems fair. However what isn't fair is for these leaderboards to be not updated/delayed on a crucial date when specified that updates will be daily. After years of playing on the site both recreationally and professionally, these type of mistakes seem to occur a phenomenal amount. Not just in my opinion but as also stressed by other players taking part in these promotions who I'll choose to not name. Again I do stress that I'm aware that Sky will be looking at these promotions as a business opportunity, and quite rightly; however it certainly feels there is a level of dishonesty surrounding such promotions. Perhaps dishonesty is a too stronger word but you can see where i’m coming from. Why this has specifically annoyed me and atleast the player currently second is our weekend plans were both ruined due to both having to grind ruthlessly all Saturday. I also appreciate this will sound quite 'spoilt child' however the type of volume we're talking when two full time players go head to head can be seriously strenuous. Thanks and i look forward to hearing others opinions on this subject,

Thanks, Alvez11 (Dave)

Comments

• edited April 2017
    The league update which just happened five minutes or so ago is in error.

While the time stamp is for a board representing 6 days of play, both leagues are now showing the results from 4 days of play.

Just flagging this up in case it is believed the issue is solved.
  • edited April 2017
    Hey Dave

Have to agree, Sky want the players to put serious effort into these so it only seems fair that they put enough effort in to get the leaderboards updated at the appropriate time!

That blue highlighting though... off to put some shades on and hopefully prevent a seizure :D

Hopefully cya in Vegas again this year!
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas Rake Race Leagues:
    The league update which just happened five minutes or so ago is in error. While the time stamp is for a board representing 6 days of play, both leagues are now showing the results from 4 days of play. Just flagging this up in case it is believed the issue is solved.
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks Mr D.

I'm trying to get hold of the suits right now, please bear with me.

I have to say, I did think the issue had been solved, & I posted on another thread to that effect.

Not a good day, one way & another, although Arsenal just equalized, so it might just turn out to be a good day yet.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

If I hear back from Upstairs, I'll post an Update.

• edited April 2017
    No worries Mr K, we appreciate everything you're doing to try to get this sorted.

I'm at that point now where I just want to know second is locked and I can stop the pain.
  • edited April 2017
    I want to wish you all on the league the very best of luck. I wouldn't like to guess how many tables and hours you grind each day to gain the amount of points you get. Hope it gets rectified as soon as possible and for those that will be going again this year, the best of luck and run golden. My dream is still a dream.
  • edited April 2017

^^^^ (Tommy's post)

My note has now been acknowledged, & questions are now bring asked around the various Departments responsible for producing, collating & publishing the Updates.

If & when I hear further, I'll let you know, or, possibly, the Suits themselves may post on the Thread.

Once again, apologies.

• edited April 2017
    Hi Guys,

I echo Tikay's apologies. The issue we had with data yesterday has returned today. As it is the weekend we have limited resource in the office. We are working to get this sorted asap.

Alvez, in terms of the cash league I can confirm that Mikey scored 50 points yesterday and you scored 45.

Tommy I will try get the data for the Sit and Go league but that is a little more difficult to review. 

Sam
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Guys, I echo Tikay's apologies. The issue we had with data yesterday has returned today. As it is the weekend we have limited resource in the office. We are working to get this sorted asap. Alvez, in terms of the cash league I can confirm that Mikey scored 50 points yesterday and you scored 45. Tommy I will try get the data for the Sit and Go league but that is a little more difficult to review.  Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Yeh, i mean its bs, been grinding on sky for years and always some sort of issue with these leaderboards. After 5 days of solid grind, little sleep (2 young kids) and far too much poker i decided if alvez had of won fridays leaderboard i was done. Woulda left me 10 points adrift and meaning alvez only needed to come 2nd the 2 remaining days to win, (deadheat means whoever raked most points wins, assume it was him as i came 3rd day 1)

Sitting about all saturday morning waiting on the result with my wife wanting to know wether to book a restaurant for that night or not and results don't come in. With my wife running a half marathon on the saturday and results still not in, hadda ring for a baby sitter and get back grinding, after another long fkn day grinding and checking for updates every hour finally hit refresh on the leaderboard at 1am to see the leaderboard had finally been updated and alvez had indeed  won friday.

Pretty tilted
  • edited April 2017
    Congratz alvez btw
  • edited April 2017
    Hey Dave Have to agree, Sky want the players to put serious effort into these so it only seems fair that they put enough effort in to get the leaderboards updated at the appropriate time! That blue highlighting though... off to put some shades on and hopefully prevent a seizure :D Hopefully cya in Vegas again this year!
    Posted by markycash
    Haha, cheers mate, hopefully see you there!
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Viva Las Vegas Rake Race Leagues : Yeh, i mean its bs, been grinding on sky for years and always some sort of issue with these leaderboards. After 5 days of solid grind, little sleep (2 young kids) and far too much poker i decided if alvez had of won fridays leaderboard i was done. Woulda left me 10 points adrift and meaning alvez only needed to come 2nd the 2 remaining days to win, (deadheat means whoever raked most points wins, assume it was him as i came 3rd day 1) Sitting about all saturday morning waiting on the result with my wife wanting to know wether to book a restaurant for that night or not and results don't come in. With my wife running a half marathon on the saturday and results still not in, hadda ring for a baby sitter and get back grinding, after another long fkn day grinding and checking for updates every hour finally hit refresh on the leaderboard at 1am to see the leaderboard had finally been updated and alvez had indeed  won friday. Pretty tilted
    Posted by MIKEY802
    Hi mate. Cheers and badluck. I think you take it had you have less commitments. Was a tough grind. Yeh seems we were both in similar situations Saturday. Was very frustrating to have to cancel plans as they were so important I was prepared to let you take 1st for Saturday as i mentioned to you in chat. But couldn't without the confirmation of Friday's win. It doesn't make sense why there would be such a holdup on something so achievable. I don't think the leaderboards would have taken so long had it have been at Sky's expense. I appreciate thats a big statement. There also wasn't any attempt to get them sorted on the day had i not been speaking to live chat as was told it wouldn't be updated until the following day as staff had now gone home (around 6pm) before I expressed my distugiust at that decision; especially when its clearly stated there will be daily updates, which we clearly both took Sky's word for, as of course you would. Post was more for the runners up like urself as I'd be much more annoyed in your shoes. Guess poker's taught me not to be completely results dependant :). Being forced into play when in a tilted situation is horrible aswel definately got stung by that. Sigh. All the best for the future.