You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big pots v. Small pots

edited February 2010 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
I am not even sure if this a a valid question.  Maybe I should re-think it first??  But anyway...

In Cash which way should I look at it?  I know the principle big hand big pot and small hand small pot.  But is there a strategy to play.  i.e. do I look to go all in with an aim to double up or going bust; or shall I be looking to grind my way with small wins.  Recently I have bee noticing that I have been winning lots of smaller pots 5 or 6 BB and building slowly but surely,and everytime I get all my chip in I seem to be going bust.

In an answer to my own question ity might be obvious that I need a balance of both but just wondering others thoughts on the matter.

Regards

Comments

• edited February 2010
    This is a very big question where I could go on for pages explaining how to play vs different kinds of people but I'm too tired and you should do your own research but in short..

You should be looking at getting the best value out of every hand you play based on how your opponents are playing.

If you are continually struggling in big pots post examples and I'll be happy to review them for you and tell you where you possible have gone wrong so we can correct it.
  • edited February 2010
    Many thanks

I think you have answered my question.  Sometimes I think I know the answer but dont know why.  Play the players and react to what I find happening at the table.

I do apologise for such a question and I apprecate that there are number of strands, which open up into more strands and so on.  But when you have about a millions things running through your mind at one time you need a little bit of assistance and clarity of vision.