You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unbeleivable run of luck

edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Generally I'm not one to whimper and moan; I've been playing long enough to appreciate variance, and can take the rough with the smooth. Having said that, I've just been on the most amazing run of dreadful "luck" (call it what you will). I generally only play on £5 SnG tables, the odd MTT etc., so principally play for fun, but do enjoy making a few quid while I'm at it. I'd say I play tight aggressive - so generally see more than my fair share of suck outs due to my playing style. However, over the course of the last two weeks, I've done my entire bankroll, from somewhere around £220 to £6.56 tonight...and I don't think I've shoved my money in behind more than maybe two or three times through the whole lot.

So, assuming that we don't believe in luck, fate etc..., any ideas? How does internet poker software work? Are the hands predetermined, and the only variable is the human input in how we play them (for example AA vs J 10 o/s, all the money goes in, is it predetermined that four cards will drop in to give the villain a flush, busting the aces)? If so, what determines which starting player gets the shitty end of the stick?

Perhaps this is just a big whine. I'd love to post my hand history for the last couple of weeks....

Comments

• edited February 2010
    The whole hand is predetermined before the commencement so it doesnt matter whether a player calls, raises, two players fold etc the flop, turn and river will not change as sky poker only shuffles once, your either being unlucky as you say or you are playing badly.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Unbeleivable run of luck:
    Generally I'm not one to whimper and moan; I've been playing long enough to appreciate variance, and can take the rough with the smooth. Having said that, I've just been on the most amazing run of dreadful "luck" (call it what you will). I generally only play on £5 SnG tables, the odd MTT etc., so principally play for fun, but do enjoy making a few quid while I'm at it. I'd say I play tight aggressive - so generally see more than my fair share of suck outs due to my playing style. However, over the course of the last two weeks, I've done my entire bankroll, from somewhere around £220 to £6.56 tonight...and I don't think I've shoved my money in behind more than maybe two or three times through the whole lot. So, assuming that we don't believe in luck, fate etc..., any ideas? How does internet poker software work? Are the hands predetermined, and the only variable is the human input in how we play them (for example AA vs J 10 o/s, all the money goes in, is it predetermined that four cards will drop in to give the villain a flush, busting the aces)? If so, what determines which starting player gets the shitty end of the stick? Perhaps this is just a big whine. I'd love to post my hand history for the last couple of weeks....
    Posted by Fordy74
    i have done just the same m8 . ie got my chips in 2nite and been infront every single time and lost thats the pattern ove my luck or sud i say game.but i think u make a good point about determind hands .but we will have our day again. gl del