You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANTS / ASSISTANCE REQUIRED.

edited April 2017 in Betting Chat
I am happy to help

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Hi.

I am hoping to have an assistant (or two) to help me with some of the work on the days that we go for it.

I would like one person, to keep track of the roll over amounts and at what meeting the carry over is going on to, preferable as early in the evening before as possible.

The above is a fairly easy task, the next task is probably an hour or two's work (but only on the days we decided to go for it, which will probably be two to three times a month) 

So the task, for those prepared to take on the job, would be to produce a list of ALL the runners in the first six races (I expect field size to be quite small) In number cloth order and also enter the racing post "paper" price for each horse (the price listed after the runners list)

It would look something like this (but with all runners)

I will then update the evening prices and the price moves the following morning/afternoon (*2)
    DATE Friday 07/04/2017 AINTREE

LEG/TIME HORSE R-POST ODDS OV NIGHT MORN LATEST
    1.40PM 01- NORTH HILL HARVEY 10/1      
    1.40PM 03 – RUNSWICK ROYAL 25/1      
    1.40PM 04 – ZUBAYR 20/1      
    1.40PM 05 – THOMAS CAMBEL 8/1      
    1.40PM 06 – HAWK HIGH 16/1      
    1.40PM 07 – RATHER BE 9/1      
    1.40PM 08 – GEORDIE DES CHAMPS 12/1      
    1.40PM 12 – BYRON FLYER 16/1      
    1.40PM 14 – ICE COLD SOUL 10/1      
    1.40PM 16 – DREAM BERRY 12/1      
    1.40PM 17 – DASHING OSCAR 16/1      
    1.40PM 20 – SUMKINDOFKING 14/1      
    1.40PM 21 – SKY KHAN 14/1      
    1.40PM 22 – CRYSTAL LAD 20/1      

2.20PM 8 – RIVER WYLDE 2/1      
    2.20PM 5 – MOON RACER 7/2      
    2.20PM 6 – MONUTAIN MEWS 5/2      

2.50PM 3 – MIGHT BITE 8/15      

3.20PM 1 – FOX NORTON 3/1      
    3.20PM 2 – GOD'S OWN 7/2      
    3.20PM 6 – SUB LIEUTENANT 3/1      
    3.20PM 9 – UXIZANDRE 7/1      

4.05PM 3 – EASTLAKE 16/1      
    4.05PM 4 – OO SEVEN 16/1      
    4.05PM 8 – BOUVREUIL 12/1      
    4.05PM 9 – AS DE MEE 10/1      
    4.05PM 11 – GOLD PRESENT 10/1      
    4.05PM 12 – MR DIABLO 16/1      
    4.05PM 15 – HENRTVILLE 12/1      
    4.05PM 19 – GO CONQUER 8/1      
    4.05PM 20 – SEEFOOD 9/1      

4.40PM 2 – BEYOND CONCEIT 12/1      
    4.40PM 3 – CONSTANTINE WAY 3/1      
    4.40PM 4 – DEBECE 12/1      
    4.40PM 7 – KEEPER HILL 14/1      
    4.40PM 11 – THE WORLDS END 9/4      
    4.40PM 12 – WEST APPROACH 9/2      
    I WILL EMAIL THE TEMPLATE SPREADSHEET AND THE ASSISTANT WOULD EMAIL A COPY OF THE COMPLETED VERSION BACK TO ME NO LATER THAN 11.00PM THE EVENING BEFORE.

ANY VOLUNTEERS? (It will help me focus on the task of covering the appropriate levels of the betting market, whilst including entries under-represented in the pool.)
  • edited April 2017
    That's great, thanks Terry.

I have sent you an email, let me know if you can open and update the attached spreadsheet OK?

When you update the horses please also put their number first and preferably all in capitals for clarity. (Like in the example above, but each horse in numerical order)

Let me know if you have any questions.

If there is a roll over on Sunday, perhaps you could do it for the trial, just to get used to it.

Many thanks again for the offer to help.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    I recommend you download the spreadsheet I sent, to your computer, and then just keep using the same one as a template.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks again!
  • edited April 2017
    P.S. If any techies know how to export the runners from the racingpost website, into a spreadsheet, it could save time with this exercise.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    FYI.

The R-POST ODDS column, is simply the odds printed on the Racing Post Website at the bottom of each Racecard, not odds that are offered by the various bookmakers.

The Over-night, Morning and Latest columns I will update an they will represent the best price available amongst the leading bookmakers.

Comparing these prices to the Racing Post price will enable me to identify horses that are likely to be under-represented in the Jackpot Pool and visa versa.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    So we can spread the load, I wouldn't mind a couple more "Volunteers"

Also, the more effort be all put in to it, the sweeter any success will be. (hopefully anyway)

So don't be shy :=)
  • edited April 2017

Hi Graham

I'm available to help but i'm no good at picking winners & not a techie.

Could keep an eye on rollover if that helps.

Roger
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANTS / ASSISTANCE REQUIRED:
       Hi Graham   I'm available to help but i'm no good at picking winners & not a techie.   Could keep an eye on rollover if that helps.   Roger
    Posted by zadoc

Yes Roger, if you could let us know when there is a roll over and how much it is, that'd be great! TY

You will know if it's a roll over or not by the end of the sixth race of the Jackpot Meeting, possibly before.

After that it is then a case of keeping your eyes peeled on the website to see where the carry over is going to, (if not obvious, look for races with biggest prize money) or making a call if it is not displayed online in a timely manner.

I cannot mention the website names or phone number on the forum, because of the Forum T&C's, so I will email them to you shortly.

The sooner we know where the roll over is, the sooner the spreadsheets can be prepared.

If there is a roll over after the Grand National tomorrow, perhaps you can do the honours for us, for another trial run, just to get used to it.

Thanks for your offer to assist!

Cheers,

G

P.S. If it is a roll over, and Roger does this, are you happy to prepare the spreadsheets Terry?
  • edited April 2017
    OK, next thing.

Does someone want to be an Auditor?

I will keep a ledger of monies in, and monies out, and an up-to-date "KITTY" balance and "SHARE VALUE".

But for transparency and to avoid errors, I would like someone to check my work?

Any Volunteers?

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANT REQUIRED:
    That's great, thanks Terry. I have sent you an email, let me know if you can open and update the attached spreadsheet OK? When you update the horses please also put their number first and preferably all in capitals for clarity. (Like in the example above, but each horse in numerical order) Let me know if you have any questions. If there is a roll over on Sunday , perhaps you could do it for the trial, just to get used to it. Many thanks again for the offer to help. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Graham

Have sent you email explaining why I cant help afterall. Tried to open/save but all went haywire . Remember now why I have always hated Excel
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANT REQUIRED : Graham Have sent you email explaining why I cant help afterall. Tried to open/save but all went haywire . Remember now why I have always hated Excel
    Posted by vaigret

OK Terry no worries :=)

Anyone else familiar with spreadsheets, that would be prepared to do this from time to time, to share the load?

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    OK, next thing. Does someone want to be an Auditor? I will keep a ledger of monies in, and monies out, and an up-to-date "KITTY" balance and "SHARE VALUE". But for transparency and to avoid errors , I would like someone to check my work? Any Volunteers? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham, that sounds like something I could do.
  • edited April 2017
    OK, next thing. Does someone want to be an Auditor? I will keep a ledger of monies in, and monies out, and an up-to-date "KITTY" balance and "SHARE VALUE". But for transparency and to avoid errors , I would like someone to check my work? Any Volunteers? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham,
    I would have happily volunteered for this, but Snuffer has already done so. As he does not appear to be in the syndicate he woukld be independant, which is a good thing.
    Gordon
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANTS / ASSISTANCE REQUIRED : Hi Graham, that sounds like something I could do.
    Posted by Snuffer

That's great Snuffer. TY.

Once the monies start to come in, we can discuss details.

Do I have your email address? If not, can you PM it too me?

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANTS / ASSISTANCE REQUIRED : Hi Graham, I would have happily volunteered for this, but Snuffer has already done so. As he does not appear to be in the syndicate he woukld be independant, which is a good thing. Gordon
    Posted by Dollie

Thanks for this Gordon, perhaps you can be 1st reserve for this job for when/if Snuffer is away.

All the best.

G
  • edited April 2017
    Anyone up for the spreadsheet job? If we had a few volunteers we could share the load.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANTS / ASSISTANCE REQUIRED : That's great Snuffer. TY. Once the monies start to come in, we can discuss details. Do I have your email address? If not, can you PM it too me? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    PM sent Graham
  • edited April 2017
    I am happy to help
    Posted by vaigret

Hi Vaigret.

Perhaps you could be my "Non Runner" man.

On the days we decide to go for it, perhaps you could update the thread late morning with the Non Runners, and then again, about 20 minutes before the off of the first race. (Assuming you are available on the day in question)

It'll just be one less thing for me to keep track of.

How does that sound?

Cheers,

G

• edited April 2017
    Hi Graham.

I am prepared to have a go at automating the spreadsheet generation. I can't promise anything though.

If you have my email from the charity league then please email me the blank spreadsheet and a link to your information source.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Graham. I am prepared to have a go at automating the spreadsheet generation. I can't promise anything though. If you have my email from the charity league then please email me the blank spreadsheet and a link to your information source.
    Posted by Phantom66

That's great Phantom. TY.

I have PM'd you my email address, as I think, I only contacted you by PM before, so I can't find your email address.

If you send me an email, and I will reply with the link and the "Template".

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    I have sent you an email.

Can't promise anything but I will give it a good attempt.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANTS / ASSISTANCE REQUIRED : Hi Graham, I would have happily volunteered for this, but Snuffer has already done so. As he does not appear to be in the syndicate he woukld be independant, which is a good thing. Gordon
    Posted by Dollie

Hi Dollie, always good to have a 3rd pair of eyes on these things.

So, if OK, can you check all my spreadsheets on the opening post from time to time?

I will also, if OK, email you AND Snuffer, screen shots of bank account and betting account balances, so that you can both check/ensure that all is in order.

Many thanks,

Graham
  • edited April 2017

Hi Graham

Hope the poker is going well.

I see the Scoop 6 has a big prize pool tomorrow, i presume your plan would work for this also?

Roger
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANTS / ASSISTANCE REQUIRED : Hi Dollie, always good to have a 3rd pair of eyes on these things. So, if OK, can you check all my spreadsheets on the opening post from time to time? I will also, if OK, email you AND Snuffer, screen shots of bank account and betting account balances, so that you can both check/ensure that all is in order. Many thanks, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham,
    Yes, happy to help. I have been glancing at the opening post already from time to time. I will look at all the posts on the thread and complete an audit over the next couple of days. Also happy to receive and review the screen shots as you suggest.
    Had some thoughts on audit trail as well. I will PM you with these when I have completed the exercise.
    Cheers
    Gordon
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANTS / ASSISTANCE REQUIRED : Hi Graham, Yes, happy to help. I have been glancing at the opening post already from time to time. I will look at all the posts on the thread and complete an audit over the next couple of days. Also happy to receive and review the screen shots as you suggest. Had some thoughts on audit trail as well. I will PM you with these when I have completed the exercise. Cheers Gordon
    Posted by Dollie

That's great thanks Dollie!

I do use formulas as much as possible in the spreadsheets. (For totals etc and monthly amount per person is automated at 5 * number of shares etc.)

However, it is always possible that a formula might "miss" a field when edited and/or include a "wrong" field so an audit trail is a good idea. Also to keep track of when/if new members join and the total number of shares change.

Having both you and Snuffer helping will be really useful and will hopefully give reassurance to all, myself included.

It is also handy to have two people assisting with this, for when one is away.

Thanks again,

Graham

• edited April 2017
    if i can help out in anyway if not working i will, like check non runners, travelled long distance etc. im not great with speadsheet comp thingymebobs tho 
    let me know if anything you need help with
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANTS / ASSISTANCE REQUIRED.:
    if i can help out in anyway if not working i will, like check non runners, travelled long distance etc. im not great with speadsheet comp thingymebobs tho  let me know if anything you need help with
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

Great, thanks Minky, I am sure I will think of another task nearer the time.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: JACKPOT SYNDICATE ASSISTANTS / ASSISTANCE REQUIRED. DOLLIE, I'D STILL LIKE YOUR HELP IF THE OFFER STILL STANDS:
      Hi Graham   Hope the poker is going well.   I see the Scoop 6 has a big prize pool tomorrow, i presume your plan would work for this also?   Roger
    Posted by zadoc

Hi Roger, please see Wynne's thread below, it has my thoughts on the Friday SCOOP6 which we will be trialing tomorrow. It is NOT something I would see us doing for real initially, as we'd need too much in the kitty as the races are more open and the minimum cost per line is £2 as opposed to 50p on the Jackpot.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Graham,
    I have sent you an email
    Gordon