You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

grand national

edited April 2017 in Betting Chat
I'm a bit confused over how the national betting generally works.

I noticed that a bet could be refunded if i placed a bet on a horse that falls what i'm puzzled about is if their is a refund for a horse managing to finish the race?

When I first logged onto sky bet i saw grand national paying 5 places. Their was 3 choices two of which were reduced odds insurance bets. I put my mouse over the question mark and it said bet refunded if a horse were to finish. I went with that bet on the last samuri and it did finish but I didn't get a refund.

I tried to speak with customs explained about the advertisment and myself not doing much betting but have left no closer to understanding.

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to grand national:
    I'm a bit confused over how the national betting generally works. I noticed that a bet could be refunded if i placed a bet on a horse that falls what i'm puzzled about is if their is a refund for a horse managing to finish the race? When I first logged onto sky bet i saw grand national paying 5 places. Their was 3 choices two of which were reduced odds insurance bets. I put my mouse over the question mark and it said bet refunded if a horse were to finish. I went with that bet on the last samuri and it did finish but I didn't get a refund. I tried to speak with customs explained about the advertisment and myself not doing much betting but have left no closer to understanding.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Hi craigcu12,
                      I think the options available for each horse were,

To be placed,
                      Money back if your horse falls,
                      Money back if your horse does not win, but finishes in the places,

I'm guessing you placed your bet on the last option. Hope this helps,

Ed.