You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Refocus...

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
After watching my bankroll dwindle and playing games beyond my means, I went back to basics this weekend. 

Inspired by Arrogants £100-£10k challenge, I'm going to limit myself this month to only playing £1.10 and £2.20 deepstacks, and see where I am at the end of April. Off to a great start over Saturday and Sunday, final tabling 3 of 4 tournaments and winning one when 4-1 down in chips heads up.

Giving myself a disciplined challenge has made me focus far more than just entering any old tournament. As for a long term goal, I hope to build a decent ish roll this month to progress to slightly higher buys ins and play sats to mains.

I saw Arrogant make the point that if you can consistently beat the low stakes deep stacks (not that I'm claiming a good run is beating the level) then there's no reason you can't be successful in the £33 mains. I don't know if I subscribe to this due to the level of player compared to the low stakes. 

I will update weekly of progress, tricky hands and hopefully some run good!

Comments