You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dreams Can Come True at Sky Poker

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
Hi All,

Yesterday I had the day off work and was playing football in the park with my youngest son when I noticed I had a text come through about the Vegas Prize Draw had taken place, I had played a fair bit last week and got about 800 points (which is a lot for me) so thought I had a good chance of getting something in the draw. I opened the link and saw I had won the £4K package to Vegas, was stunned, excited and so chuffed. I told my son (he's 5) and he was quite pleased until I told him it was adults only, first thing he shouts to his mum when she arrives is 'mum, dads won a holiday, but no children allowed'. She was thrilled for me, but isn't interested in going so said I can take a mate.

I am really looking forward to the trip and can't thank sky poker enough. Looking forward to meeting the sky poker staff and qualifiers including the likes of TommyD, MattBates, Timmy, DTM and especially Tikay (hopefully he is well enough to come along). Hopefully can make some new friends out in Vegas and have a laugh as well.

A bit about me I have a wife and 2 children (aged 5 and 12), aside from Poker and the family my main interests are football and darts (watching mostly). I am a season ticket holder at Peterborough United (very dull at the moment), I also manage my eldest son's football team and still have a bit of a 5 or 7 a-side kick about on a Friday night. Getting into golf a bit as my youngest loves playing, although at 5 I am kind of restricted to pitch & putt, mini golf and the driving range.

I have been playing poker at Sky since the start (10 years ago) and played micro stakes for many years and have steadily (very steadily) progressed, but it just shows if you stick with it, do the basics and get lucky (which I have done in the draw) anything can happen.

The actual event will be interesting as I have never played live (except for mates games) and haven't played full ring games for years), so might try and get a couple of practice games in at some point.

So for anyone just starting out or have been playing for years hopefully this shows anything can happen with a bit of patience and a lot of luck.

All the best
Greg.

Comments