You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Scoop 6 Friday 14/4/17

edited April 2017 in Betting Chat
You are here: News > Scoop6 Races > Friday Scoop6 Races for April 14th 2017

Friday Scoop6 Races for April 14th 2017

Totepool have just released the Scoop6 races for this Friday, 14th April. They are: –

Leg 1 : 2:10 Lingfield Leg 2 : 2:20 Newcastle Leg 3 : 2:55 Newcastle Leg 4 : 3:10 Lingfield Leg 5 : 3:25 Newcastle Leg 6 : 3:40 Lingfield (Please mention scoop6.co.uk if re-posting these details)

There was no winner of the last Friday Scoop6. The Win fund starts with a £62,618 rollover this week and the bonus fund starts at £26,173. These totals will grow rapidly as more stakes are placed.

Comments

• edited April 2017
    FAO Stay and Go.
    Lets do a trial on this if you have the time.
  • edited April 2017

2.10 LINGFIELD: 14 - NATURAL SCENERY (DRAWN 11) (9/2)

9  COHESION    11/2                        8
                                  7     WATERSMEET 6/1                      14
                                  5     PINZOLA 8/1                              7

2.20 Newcastle:  3  APROVADA 6/1                               12
                                 7  ART COLLECTION 6/1                      1
                                 1   STANGHOW 10/1                            7
                                 8 MONEY TEAM 11/1                           5
                                11   NEW ROAD SIDE 12/1                     10

2.55 Newcastle: 9   MON BEAU VISAGE 13/2                 11
                               3  SAFE VOYAGE 15/2                          2
                               2   FLORENCIO 9/1                               9
                              12   CHAPLIN BAY 12/1                       12

3.10 Lingfield:   5  KIMBERELLA 7/2                           5
                               8   PRETEND 4/1                                12
                              6   LANCELOT DU LAC 4/1                    6
                              4  GRACIOUS JOHN 12/1                     4

3.25 Newcastle: 2 TO BE WILD 7/2                         10
                                3  FABRICATE 10/1                        5
                                4  ABAREEQ 11/1                            11
                                13  LORD GEORGE 12/1                  9

3.40 Lingfield:  3   ENNAADD 6/4                               2
                             10   SOVEREIGN DEBT 6/1                   6
                             5     MY TARGET 7/1                            9
                             4    KEY STROKE 15/2                         12

• edited April 2017
    Hi Wynne, I did think about this as the FRIDAY SCOOP 6 has a decent roll over, and the thing with the FRIDAY SCOOP 6 is that in general not many people do it, it seems, even when there is a roll over, which is surprising but appears to be true. I think people just think, it's too hard!

So if you SCOOP it, you are quite likely to be the ONLY winner.

However the problem is that it is £2 a UNIT, and the races are more competitive, so hard to find a banker etc.

So very costly for a big perm, and a BIG perm is what would be required.

But as it's a trial, so that doesn't matter. :=)

So, not being one to shirk a "challenge", I will start working on it now. We'd probably have to lay out a "fictitious" £2K to give ourselves a chance.

Do you have any more selections for me to consider? Does anyone else have any selections for the following races?:

Leg 1 : 2:10 Lingfield
    Leg 2 : 2:20 Newcastle
    Leg 3 : 2:55 Newcastle
    Leg 4 : 3:10 Lingfield
    Leg 5 : 3:25 Newcastle
    Leg 6 : 3:40 Lingfield

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Scoop 6 Friday 14/4/17:
    Hi Wynne, I did think about this as the FRIDAY SCOOP 6 has a decent roll over , and the thing with the FRIDAY SCOOP 6 is that in general not many people do it, it seems, even when there is a roll over. So if you SCOOP it, you are quite likely to be the ONLY winner. However the problem is that it is £2 a UNIT , and the races are more competitive, so hard to find a banker etc. So very costly for a big perm, and a BIG perm is what's required. But as it's a trial, that doesn't matter. So I will take on this "challenge" and start working on it now. We'd probably have to lay out a "fictitious" £2K to give ourselves a chance. Do you have any more selections for me to consider? Does anyone else have selections for the following races: Leg 1 : 2:10 Lingfield Leg 2 : 2:20 Newcastle Leg 3 : 2:55 Newcastle Leg 4 : 3:10 Lingfield Leg 5 : 3:25 Newcastle Leg 6 : 3:40 Lingfield Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I am working on it at the moment
    Will add to my selections as I go through it
  • edited April 2017
    Lingfield 2.10 Natural Scenery                     Cohesion                     Watersmeet                     Pinzolo Newcastle 2.20 Aprovado                        Art Collection                        Stanghow                        MoneyTeam                        New Road Side Newcastle 2.55 Mon Beau Visage                        Safe Voyage                         Florencio                          Chaplin Bay
    Posted by wynne1938

Hi Wynne, can I be really picky?

It would really assist me, and to set a standard for when we go live, if you had the cloth number of the horse and the current odds available for it when you list the selections, ideally the horses names in capitals too.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    OK doing it now
  • edited April 2017
    A template a bit like this Wynne, also add the draw in brackets on flat races:

2.10 LINGFIELD: 14 - NATURAL SCENERY (DRAWN 11) (9/2)
    2.10 LINGFIELD: 09 - COHESION (DRAWN 8) (6/1)

2.20 NEWCASTLE: 03 - APROVADA (DRAWN 3) (6/1)

Please get the odds from the racing post website and have your settings set to "Best Odds" in the drop down in the top right corner of the card.

I do like order and attention to detail. I know this makes it harder for you, but it will make it easier for me. If everyone follows the same format, I can copy paste them together and look holistically at the races concerned.

Yes, I am a bit OCD, but this job needs that :=)

• edited April 2017
    Leg 1 : 2:10 Lingfield 

Petite Jack 8/1 draw 6

Watersmeet 13/2 draw 14

Natural Scenery 4/1 draw 11

Leg 2 : 2:20 Newcastle horrid race 

Aprovado 11/2 draw 12

Excessable 12/1 draw 2

Leg 3 : 2:55 Newcastle

Safe Voyage 7/1 draw 2

Inaam 5/1 draw 4

Mutamid 9/2 draw 3

Leg 4 : 3:10 Lingfield

Lancelot Du Lac 7/2 draw 6

Kimberella 7/2 draw 5

Royal Birth  13/2 draw 3

Leg 5 : 3:25 Newcastle

Wild Hacked 6/1 draw 14

Abareeq 12/1 draw 11

To Be Wild 4/1 draw 10

Leg 6 : 3:40 Lingfield

Ennaadd (BANKER)  11/8

i tried to keep selections to a minimum but you could pretty much make a case for anything winning the 2:20.
    we do need a banker and went for the last but would be pretty narked if rest came good to lose on last ;)

newcastle draws will be diff aswell as not had enough racing so went with 1 either end.

• edited April 2017
    Leg 1 : 2:10 Lingfield  PETITE JACK  WATERSMEET NATURAL SCENERY Leg 2 : 2:20 Newcastle horrid race  Aprovado Excessable Leg 3 : 2:55 Newcastle Safe Voyage Inaam  Mutamid Leg 4 : 3:10 Lingfield Lancelot Du Lac Kimberella Royal Birth Leg 5 : 3:25 Newcastle Wild Hacked Abareeq To Be Wild Leg 6 : 3:40 Lingfield Ennaadd (BANKER) i tried to keep selections to a minimum but you could pretty much make a case for anything winning the 2:20. we do need a banker and went for the last but would be pretty narked if rest came good to lose on last ;) newcastle draws will be diff aswell as not had enough racing so went with 1 either end.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

Thanks Micky, when we go for it for real, if you can use the template that I suggested for Wynne, when listing horse selections, that'd be great.
  • edited April 2017
    OK, I will start putting the base template together, but lots of runners, so could be a while.

Let me stipulate at the outset, that I think it is too hard and we would NOT attempt this for real.

One thing that is important. If you think the dividend is going to be less that you would get in a £2 accumulator perm on the same runners, then you should not do it, as it can't be +ev. (There is a danger of this being the case here)

What would be the point of doing a pool bet, if you think a standard accumulator would pay out more?

Cheers,

G

P.S. You guys are killing me with these late nights lol. :=)
  • edited April 2017

Hi Graham

just sent PM with spreadsheet

Roger
  • edited April 2017
                      2.10 LINGFIELD: 14 - NATURAL SCENERY (DRAWN 11) (9/2)                                                                                                9  COHESION    11/2                        8                           7     WATERSMEET 6/1                      14                          5     PINZOLA 8/1                              7 2.20 Newcastle:   3  APROVADA 6/1                               12                         7  ART COLLECTION 6/1                      1                         1   STANGHOW 10/1                            7                         8 MONEY TEAM 11/1                           5                       11   NEW ROAD SIDE 12/1                     10 2 .55 Newcastle: 9   MON BEAU VISAGE 13/2                 11                        3  SAFE VOYAGE 15/2                          2                      2   FLORENCIO 9/1                               9                       12   CHAPLIN BAY 12/1                       12 3 .10 Lingfield:5  KIMBERELLA 7/2                           5                        8   PRETEND 4/1                                12                      6   LANCELOT DU LAC 4/1                    6                      4  GRACIOUS JOHN 12/1                     4 3 .25 Newcastle: 2 TO BE WILD 7/2                         10                         3  FABRICATE 10/1                        5                         4  ABAREEQ 11/1                            11                          13  LORD GEORGE 12/1                  9                      3.40 Lingfield:   3   ENNAADD 6/4                               2                     10   SOVEREIGN DEBT 6/1                   6                     5     MY TARGET 7/1                            9                     4    KEY STROKE 15/2                         12                                                                     
    Posted by wynne1938

Good effort Wynne, don't worry about it for now, just bear in mind going forward. Cheers, G
  • edited April 2017
    Ok I will have to practice your layout
    Done the best for now
    How do you select best odds on the racing post website?

I use odds checker
  • edited April 2017
    for me i expect the scoop to rollover tomorrow. 
    i was thinking exactly that earlier with the perm, if we get say a 10/1 winner and a few 4/1 5/1 then the perm might pay more than the jackpot? 

• edited April 2017
      Hi Graham   just sent PM with spreadsheet   Roger
    Posted by zadoc

Thank you so much Roger, this is AWESOME, and will save me SO much time. Did you automate it?

Just a couple of minor points. The date etc on the top line needs amending. A small thing that I could do really, but just for completeness, we could also have the date in the file name (Format 140417), just so I don't accidentally overwrite and old one or visa versa

The other point, not your fault, but I decided that for flat races, I need the draw number too. Another clumn to the right of the horses name?

Great job, I am very appreciative indeed.

Cheers,

G.

P.S. If you have automated it we need to let Phantom66 know, as he was going to look into automating it.

• edited April 2017
    for me i expect the scoop to rollover tomorrow.  i was thinking exactly that earlier with the perm, if we get say a 10/1 winner and a few 4/1 5/1 then the perm might pay more than the jackpot? 
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

Ditto, but Wynne wants a trial, and who am I to deny him. It's a good exercise anyway, with lots of people contributing in different ways.

If won, the accumulator WILL pay more than the Jackpot, which is pretty much why hardly anybody does it, if fields like this are indicative of the Friday SCOOP6.

There would of course always be the opportunity to go for the bonus fund, which you wouldn't get in a straight accumulator.

:=)
  • edited April 2017
    Ok I will have to practice your layout Done the best for now How do you select best odds on the racing post website? I use odds checker
    Posted by wynne1938

Hi Wynne. Try this link, the drop down is to the top right corner, change it from a specific bookmaker to "BEST ODDS"

Roger, please note, your template is correctly using the odds summarised at the bottom, and not the ones I am pointing Wynne to. They are diffferent as they serve a different purpose.

GREAT JOB, ONCE AGAIN!
  • edited April 2017
    FYI Wynne, when you choose "BEST ODDS" here, it does show the best odds available, using the oddschecker website as it's source, but it does it nice and clearly, without having to look through them all. If you want you can click on the odds and it will show you all the firms prices for that horse.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

G