You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS Main Event Charity Last Longer

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
Hi guys, following on from the last Charity Last Longer, would like to run another one for the most special of special events, the UKOPS Main Event!

Last time, for the High Roller, StayOrGo outlasted the rest of us and so his chosen charity, Age Concern Bracknell Forest, received donations from us. Huge thanks to those who took part and helped out a worthy cause!

This time, with a bigger field tourament it would be great to get as many people involved as possible so absolutely anyone is welcome to take part. All you have to do is post below with the player of your choosing even if it isn't yourself or you're not playing the event and your charity of choice. At the end, whoever lasts longest in the tournament (or whoever's choice lasts the longest) is the 'winner' and all other participants make a donation to the winner's chosen charity. Donation can be any size no matter how small at your own discretion, and please send straight to the charity (really easy to do online).

So this time around if we could post the name of our chosen player in the tournament (your own name is your screen name obvs so no need to post that too) and your charity of choice. Once a player is chosen, they cannot be chosen again.

Please join in and help spread a little extra Easter cheer and goodwill! The more participants the absolute better!!!!

<3

Comments

• edited April 2017
    1) Angmar2626 - Yorkshire Air Ambulance
  • edited April 2017
    Thanks for doing this again Angmar.

Hopefully with the Main Event having lots of runners, this will get more support:

• edited April 2017
    Hi Angmar.

Can I suggest that as you, omm, IrishRose and SoLack have already donated to the HR winning charity just a couple of days ago, that you can all enter, without having to make a donation if you lose, this time around.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Main Event Charity Last Longer:
    Hi Angmar. Can I suggest that as you, omm, IrishRose and SoLack have already donated to the HR winning charity just a couple of days ago, that you can all enter, without having to make a donation if you lose, this time around. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo

Of course. Presuming all three of them are playing and are choosing themselves:

2) StayOrGo - Age Concern Bracknell Forest
    3) omm - Colostomy Association
    4) SoLack - St Michael's Hospice Basingstoke
    5) IrishRose - ??

If any of you can't make the tournament, feel free to pick another player who is :)
    Just need a charity choice from IrishRose also

The more people we get, the more fun of a competition it will be and the more help we get going to a good cause!
  • ommomm
    edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Main Event Charity Last Longer : Of course. Presuming all three of them are playing and are choosing themselves: 1) Angmar2626 - Yorkshire Air Ambulance 2) StayOrGo - Age Concern Bracknell Forest 3) omm - Colostomy Association 4) SoLack - St Michael's Hospice Basingstoke 5) IrishRose - ?? If any of you can't make the tournament, feel free to pick another player who is :) Just need a charity choice from IrishRose also The more people we get, the more fun of a competition it will be and the more help we get going to a good cause!
    Posted by Angmar2626
    Happy to be in and happy to make a donation, hopefully we will get a few more this time. 
  • edited April 2017
    I tend to be overly competitive and would be trying with all my might to win if I entered into a 'Worm Charming' contest (Yes, it is a real thing). With that said, I would rather not be trying to 'outfold' everyone in this. As an alternative...

I would be happy to offer 10% of my action in the main event to the winning charity if this is acceptable.

As mentioned I won't pick myself in the last longer or any other players or any charities so this may give people someone to choose if they wish to take part and are not playing themselves. It may also help focus myself if I know a charity could, at least potentially, benefit for a decent amount. Thought it might add an extra dimension too.

As long as this is acceptable to the OP.
  • edited April 2017
    I tend to be overly competitive and would be trying with all my might to win if I entered into a 'Worm Charming' contest (Yes, it is a real thing). With that said, I would rather not be trying to 'outfold' everyone in this. As an alternative... I would be happy to offer 10% of my action in the main event to the winning charity if this is acceptable. As mentioned I won't pick myself in the last longer or any other players or any charities so this may give people someone to choose if they wish to take part and are not playing themselves. It may also help focus myself if I know a charity could, at least potentially, benefit for a decent amount. Thought it might add an extra dimension too. As long as this is acceptable to the OP.
    Posted by markycash

As you wish mate - imagine if you ship it!
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Main Event Charity Last Longer : Happy to be in and happy to make a donation, hopefully we will get a few more this time. 
    Posted by omm

Wp sir!
  • edited April 2017
    I confirm participation and a donation. 
  • edited April 2017
    I'd like to take part please.  Trinity Hospice in south London (but on iPad so can't post link).  Happy to donate to the winners charity.
  • edited April 2017
    Anymore takers for this before we start?

GL all in it.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    I tend to be overly competitive and would be trying with all my might to win if I entered into a 'Worm Charming' contest (Yes, it is a real thing). With that said, I would rather not be trying to 'outfold' everyone in this. As an alternative... I would be happy to offer 10% of my action in the main event to the winning charity if this is acceptable. As mentioned I won't pick myself in the last longer or any other players or any charities so this may give people someone to choose if they wish to take part and are not playing themselves. It may also help focus myself if I know a charity could, at least potentially, benefit for a decent amount. Thought it might add an extra dimension too. As long as this is acceptable to the OP.
    Posted by markycash

Nice offer mate. TY and GL
  • edited April 2017
    I confirm participation and a donation. 
    Posted by SoLack

Thank you sir
  • edited April 2017
    I'd like to take part please.  Trinity Hospice in south London (but on iPad so can't post link).  Happy to donate to the winners charity.
    Posted by IrishRose

Excellent, thanks! I too shall donate again.

2) StayOrGo - Age Concern Bracknell Forest
    3) omm - Colostomy Association
    4) SoLack - St Michael's Hospice Basingstoke
    5) IrishRose - Trinity Hospice

Plus markycash and his worm charming escapades
  • edited April 2017
    Anymore takers for this before we start? GL all in it. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo

Yeah where are all the usual forum warriors? If you have The Internet and £1 or more to your name then this is the place for you. 100% to a good cause! Will close entries at 8pm

• edited April 2017
  • edited April 2017
    Busted, GL to those still in,

Which is Angmar, Rose and SoLack I believe.

Oh and marky of course! :=)
  • edited April 2017
    ty gg G

Would be in with a better chance of a decent score for the charity but for 1 horror pot. My 35 in the BB finds a 467 rainbow flop. I minilead to induce and opponent obliges with the reraise then fires big on every street. River is a 5 and he shows 88 :D

Chip and a chair though so will do my best :)

Good luck to the others left in!
  • edited April 2017
    And thats that, busto.

GL to those left in!
  • edited April 2017
    Hi all

I think I binked this, if so here is a link to my charity donate page.  cheers

https://www.stmichaelshospice.org.uk/single-donation.html

It's a shame that more of the regs who flock here for free comps don't also do the same for good cause threads like this.  Rant over.
  • edited April 2017
    Hi all I think I binked this, if so here is a link to my charity donate page.  cheers https://www.stmichaelshospice.org.uk/single-donation.html It's a shame that more of the regs who flock here for free comps don't also do the same for good cause threads like this.  Rant over.
    Posted by SoLack

This. What can you do.

Are you still in? Think you may well have done it already as Rose and I bust from the same table as you ages ago!

Will check properly in the morning.

Thanks for taking part guys :)
  • edited April 2017
    Congrats to SoLack and his chosen charity St Michael's Hospice Basingstoke

Donation sent, wp sir!!

Oddly, the Main Event started with SoLack, IrishRose and I all seated next to each other ha! Good fun

Thanks again for taking part
  • edited April 2017
    Donation sent 

Thank you

Your transaction has been processed by WorldPay, on behalf of ST MICHAELS HOSPICE (NORTH HAMPSHIRE). 

Transaction details:

Transaction for the value of: GBP 20.00
    Description: Single donation
    Merchant's cart ID: 8033
    Authorisation Date/Time: 17/Apr/2017 15:13:11

Thanks for running this and congrats Solly x

• edited April 2017
    Thanks very much for the donations. It is a good cause.
  • edited April 2017
    VWP SoLack, please find donation receipt below:

Transaction Confirmation

Please retain for your records

Thank you

Your transaction has been processed by WorldPay, on behalf of ST MICHAELS HOSPICE (NORTH HAMPSHIRE).

Transaction details:

Transaction for the value of: GBP 20.00
    Description: Single donation
    Merchant's cart ID: 8034
    Authorisation Date/Time: 17/Apr/2017 16:33:33
    WorldPay's transaction ID: 6569110236
    This is not a tax receipt.

• edited April 2017
    Thnx Graham, mucho appreciated
  • edited April 2017
    Thnx Graham, mucho appreciated
    Posted by SoLack

You are welcome, I just realsied you did £30 for my charity, so I should do the same really.

I will make up for it, at some other opportunity later in the year.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    G - No need or expectation for you to duplicate the amount
  • ommomm
    edited April 2017

Thank you

Thank you for your order/payment

Order number8063
    Order date19/04/2017 08:06:54
  • ommomm
    edited April 2017
    Well done SoLack. Well done all who took part. 

Great putting this up again Angmar, really feel quite proud of how players on Sky support Charities, particularly with Graham's thread. I know this one didn't get as much support but a few people are better than none. Maybe do something simillar at next UKOPS but with abit more notice. 

Might even be an idea if Sky were able to put on a charity MTT during the next series, not sure on detail but there could be something that might be done.