You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quest for a bracelet.

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
My wife is always on at me saying she needs more bling so I have decided to try and win her a bracelet, not that great at poker by any means but have had my moments, so looking at the UKOPS schedule I think its 24 tournies, over 6 days ,£22 a day ( not including rebuys ) I can just about cover that , so going to play every one , so I am giving myself a strict daily routine , go to gym for 2, maybe 4 hours , have a light lunch  no alcohol , sleep for at least 2 hours maybe 4 , no alcohol , definitely no alcohol , ignore the wife when she says " are you still on that poker " , dont answer the phone , dont watch football on tv , did I say no alcohol , dont boot the dog ( or my kid ) or bang my head of the computer table  when I get bad beat or play cr*p (which is quite often ), so going to go for it, do or die , only the brave , if in doubt all-in or is it fold , all that kind of stuff , or alternatively I can hope to cash-in one which is probably my best bet.

Comments

• edited April 2017

Hi Rab,

Good luck bud, but please note that ONLY the 6 Mini UKOPS MAIN EVENTS award a Bracelet to the winner.
  • edited April 2017
    GL with your quest, there is only 1 bracelet on offer each day though.

Still if you do well in the mini leaderboard you could convert that into a WSOP entry, mind you if I won a WSOP bracelet I wouldn't be handing that over to Mrs P. I expect she would have some ideas for the prize money though.
  • edited April 2017

OOPS! thats the no drink pledge gone already.
  • edited April 2017
    If its only 6 bracelets I will need to rethink my strategy, lol.
  • edited April 2017
  • edited April 2017
    Woeful yesterday , decided to change my routine , lay on couch all day , stuff ma face ,bet horses , watch tennis ,then football , get a carry oot for tonight , cannae be any worse than yesterday , I hope! .
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Quest for a bracelet.:
    Woeful yesterday , decided to change my routine , lay on couch all day , stuff ma face ,bet horses , watch tennis ,then football , get a carry oot for tonight , cannae be any worse than yesterday , I hope! .
    Posted by rabdeniro
    Good luck this evening 
  • edited April 2017
    yes gl 
    ill see you on final table ;)
  • edited April 2017
    Yee-ha made it to the money, £4.50 I think, finished 30th, was unlucky in a couple of all-ins in the other tournies 1010 v aq and aq v 1010 that one was against spearsy136 who won the main event , at this rate I am going to have to get the Argos catalogue out , asked the wife to masage my head and neck like the pros get during tournies , she looked at me as if I was crazy , then she said how much , I was about to say a fiver then I thought Ive only won £4.50 so I said £2.50 , whack , dont know what book she was reading but it was a hardback ,so Ive been told were going for a NICE lunch today , I fear these mini UKOPS may cost me more than I thought , anywho as they say onwards and upwards.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Quest for a bracelet.:
    Yee-ha made it to the money, £4.50 I think, finished 30th, was unlucky in a couple of all-ins in the other tournies 1010 v aq and aq v 1010 that one was against spearsy136 who won the main event , at this rate I am going to have to get the Argos catalogue out , asked the wife to masage my head and neck like the pros get during tournies , she looked at me as if I was crazy , then she said how much , I was about to say a fiver then I thought Ive only won £4.50 so I said £2.50 , whack , dont know what book she was reading but it was a hardback ,so Ive been told were going for a NICE lunch today , I fear these mini UKOPS may cost me more than I thought , anywho as they say onwards and upwards.
    Posted by rabdeniro
    good luck