You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mini UKOPS Blog - Day 1

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat

Well not quite a blog.....

We thought we'd try and do the Mini UKOPs write ups a little differently.

Instead of Uploading them as Blogs, we'll put them up on Forum Threads, one thread for each day.

Each event will have a separate Post, & there'll be a thread each day.*

* - All being well. Probably. Ish. T & C's apply.

Comments

• edited April 2017

Mini UKOPS XIX – Day 1

6.30pm - Mini UKOPS 01, £500 Bounty Hunter, 261 entries, beat guarantee by 4%

Play got underway at 6.30pm, and there was some concern that it was a Champions League evening which, surprisingly given it was quarter-final night, featured an English club, & this might affect numbers on poker.

Time will tell, but the opener got across the line OK, and the winner was tillyseed, who is no stranger to the winner’s enclosure having won half a dozen or more Sky Poker MTT’s.

Runner-up HOTLAP has a decent Sky Poker CV too, with 4 or 5 decent wins and a 23% ROI.

coolit215 (3rd) has 2 “Mini” wins to his credit including a Mini Roller, so he’s another handy player.

4th placed spinky6108 has a shiny gold star from Sharky based on his winning streaks in DYM’s, and he plays pretty decent volume at £3 and profitably too.

5th placed KingHurley and 6th placed garner909 are both profitable here at Sky Poker over a decent sample size, too, in fact 5 of the 6 finalists have positive ROI’s. The buy-ins may be small but these games are tough to win.

Familiar names and faces who had good runs included DontTellWorzilGummidge (7th), HUFA organiser Phantom66 (8th), RogueCell (14th), HOLLYWHIT (16th), oldcrock (18th), the octogenarian pomfrittes in 19th place, waller02 in 28th, and the nonagenarian Dollie in 34th. 

If you read the Sky Poker Forum you’ll be aware that a few players have been quite looking forward to Mini UKOPs and have even started threads about it, so the plan going forward is to try and namecheck a few of these upbeat guys.

Razorkev has been looking forward to Mini UKOPS, and he had a deep run eventually finishing 27th for £2.95. That might not seem much, but with Entry costing £2.20, it’s a handy 34% ROI.

rabdeniro promised his wife he’d win her a UKOPS Bracelet and things started badly when he finished 204th, but there was no bracelet on offer in this, so no real damage done

• edited April 2017

Apologies for the seemingly random formatting there, which seems to be as a result of C & P-ing it from my Word doc.

I'll attempt to rectify it in future posts.
  • edited April 2017

7.30pm - Mini UKOPS 02, £1,500 Bounty Hunter, 411 entries, beat guarantee by 37%

Good turnout for this, and RogueCell looked the winner a long way out, holding a dominating chip lead, but you know how it is with poker, it can be a cruel game at times, and RogueCell eventually finished 3rd, bested by the winner, dakin01, and runner-up nemo142 who has some decent Sky Poker wins to his credit.

The rest of the Final Table comprised horner08, bretty84 and richrash93.

So 5 of the 6 finalists had numbers appended to their alias. Isn’t it odd that so many players append numbers AFTER their alias? – as in, say, “bretty84”, but very few  put numbers in front of their alias, as in, say, “1green”. Why might that be, anyone know? Or, to be fair, anyone even care? Thought not. Let’s move swiftly on.

Razorkev never played this one, and rabdeniro, sadly, finished down the field.

Best alias spotted was Grumpigit. Anyone care to guess who springs to mind when they read that alias?
  • edited April 2017

8.30pm - Mini UKOPS 03, £3,000 Bounty Hunter, 392 entries, beat guarantee by 30%

This was the Mini UKOPS Day 1 Main Event, so a UKOPS Bracelet was on offer. Lovely turnout too, 392 runners making for a really good prize pool.

Winner was seikus, who has only been playing MTT’s on Sky Poker since February, but who already has a few decent results to his name. This is his biggest so far though, and he gets the UKOPS Bracelet, too.

Next up, in 2nd, was another comparative newbie to Sky Poker MTT’s, badplayer1, with mrfreitas1 in 3rd place completing a trio of newbies, as his first MTT here was just 6 days ago.

GABBY481, boggo and edwards414 completed a decent final table line up.

Plenty of decent players in this, with the final table bubble going to Edinburgh based glencoelad, Prio player edrich in 9th – he has more Sharky stars than enough to his name – GREGSTER 12th, goldnballz 13th and DontTellWurzil 19th.

Today’s featured players rebdeniro had no joy in his bracelet hunt down in 75th place but did snag a bounty, whilst Razorkev was a non-runner.
  • edited April 2017

9.30pm - Mini UKOPS 04, £1,000 Bounty Hunter, 326 entries, missed guarantee by 2%

Was delighted to see this go to an old mate of mine and long term Sky Poker regular BIGSHANN. He has been with Sky Poker since the very start. Lives in Hampshire and I last saw him in Las Vegas in 2013 when he cashed in the WSOP Main Event.

The rest of the Final Table comprised maggers, rusty123, Coughlin90, rtc and kgee.

Some decent players in this, including lyonsbob, ozzieowen, GREGHOGG, The_eggs, and waller02. One or two indecent players too – pomfrittes springs to mind.
  • edited April 2017

Day 2 - or rather Night 2 - is Turbo night.

Mini UKOPS 05 | £500 Turbo6:30pm£2.20£50073,000
    Mini UKOPS 06 | £1,500 Turbo7:30pm£5.50£1,50073,000
    Mini UKOPS 07 | £3,000 Turbo8:30pm£11£3,00073,000
    Mini UKOPS 08 | £1,000 Turbo Bounty Hunter                        9:30pm£3.30£1,00073,000
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Mini UKOPS Blog - Day 1:
    9.30pm - Mini UKOPS 04, £1,000 Bounty Hunter, 326 entries, missed guarantee by 2% Was delighted to see this go to an old mate of mine and long term Sky Poker regular BIGSHANN . He has been with Sky Poker since the very start. Lives in Hampshire and I last saw him in Las Vegas in 2013 when he cashed in the WSOP Main Event.   The rest of the Final Table comprised maggers, rusty123, Coughlin90, rtc and kgee . Some decent players in this, including lyonsbob, ozzieowen, GREGHOGG, The_eggs , and waller02 . One or two indecent players too – pomfrittes springs to mind.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I played in this got a miserable 113th lol..I will be playing 2 more tonight which im looking forward to
  • edited April 2017
    Great write up as always Tikay.

Must say - what a great structure the 'mini main' had, the 8.30pm £11 BH. At around 12.30 with 3 tables left, the average stack was still about 30BB's, allowing plenty of room for play. Good stuff - looking forward to the other mini mains.
  • edited April 2017

Good work as ever Gramps. I have instructed Haysie's solicitor regarding the slur on my character.
  • edited April 2017
         Good work as ever Gramps. I have instructed Haysie's solicitor regarding the slur on my character.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Noooooooooooooooo

• edited April 2017
    Good stuff again TK,  and the main mini was as Golden said a great structure .
     I late registered well after 9.30 pm and still had loads of play, once on the F T bubble was so card dead it was unreal,
     but all had a good chip stack so could wait for half a hand...dreaded AJ push v 77 and Quad 7s see me off .
       I had some great banter with folk, apart from one lad not too happy about me busting him....it happens.
      For £11 this is a great MTT .
  • edited April 2017
    I fear I may be going to be abused all week on here.
  • edited April 2017
    Posted by Donttelmum

• edited April 2017
    Posted by Donttelmum
    You need to finish in the money to get a mention so I wouldn't be too concerned Worzil ;)
  • edited April 2017
  • edited April 2017
    Cracking write ups as always Mr T!
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Mini UKOPS Blog - Day 1 : You need to finish in the money to get a mention so I wouldn't be too concerned Worzil ;)
    Posted by waller02
    :(