You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Points Suggestions...

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker Points Suggestions...:
    In Response to Re: Poker Points Suggestions... : chels tikay is im sure doing his best in the background,and i hope you will post again..........cos your post are good dood!....ette
    Posted by blade900
    This. All of it.
  • edited March 2010
    just to lighten the mood i play poker in the noood,wearing only a pair of green socks and my bike helmet,just something for you all to think about when we play next time!ive bared my soul and also my h*le for the love of poker,have a nice day,thank u drive thru!
  • edited March 2010

Lol, you are a good guy bladey - I hope you continue to enjoy your poker.
  • edited March 2010
    Lol, you are a good guy bladey - I hope you continue to enjoy your poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    cheers tikay i always enjoy the game,even when i get completly mugged!which is a lot lately!
  • edited March 2010

I've spoken to Suit-City today.

Everything remains in place, ready to go, but some of the collateral stuff is still being readied.
    When these things take place, from the outside, it all seems so easy, so simple, but it's very complex in fact, with inter-dependent bits all needing to be in place first, or it does not work. It's like a car, without spark plugs, or indicators, or lights - every bit has it's job to do, & unless everything is in place, it's wrong to press the starter & go.

It's taken a while to reach this stage, so another day or so will not change much, really. And the planned date for launch remains, as I said yesterday - unmoved, it's exactly "as was", just the announcement is slightly delayed.

There you go, you know as much as I do now.

Shoot me if you wish, but be gentle please, do it nice & slowly.
  • edited March 2010
    You can only give what you've got as they say :)
  • edited March 2010
    I've spoken to Suit-City today. Everything remains in place, ready to go, but some of the collateral stuff is still being readied. When these things take place, from the outside, it all seems so easy, so simple, but it's very complex in fact, with inter-dependent bits all needing to be in place first, or it does not work. It's like a car, without spark plugs, or indicators, or lights - every bit has it's job to do, & unless everything is in place, it's wrong to press the starter & go. It's taken a while to reach this stage, so another day or so will not change much, really. And the planned date for launch remains, as I said yesterday - unmoved, it's exactly "as was", just the announcement is slightly delayed. There you go, you know as much as I do now. Shoot me if you wish, but be gentle please, do it nice & slowly.
    Posted by Tikay10
    tikay i dont want to be horrible to you but dont you think your bosses should come out and say this? they know by getting you to say it nobody is going to say nothing because everyone loves you,  dissapointed that sky_rich or someone else hasnt commented on this
  • edited March 2010
    Nobodys "got" him to say it Chels, he's just giving the info he is privy to
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker Points Suggestions... : tikay i dont want to be horrible to you but dont you think your bosses should come out and say this? they know by getting you to say it nobody is going to say nothing because everyone loves you,  dissapointed that sky_rich or someone else hasnt commented on this
    Posted by chels
    Well firstly, I'm glad you are Posting again.

But no, I don't agree - as I stated earlier, Sky-Rich is on holiday this week, & that has been widely disseminated to the Community, as you know. The Officers of the Company don't peruse the Forum, they have jobs to do.

Again, as I have stated twice now, the date has NOT moved. but some collateral things - Content pages, Landing Pages, all have to be set up, & one or two itsy-bitsy details are not quite finished.

I will tell you this though. I was advised by wise & sage elders "not to commit, you'll get hung drawn & quartered if any dates move" but I hate to see questions not answered, & I have a little more time to deal with these things than the guys standing in for Sky-Rich. And Sky-Rich would have handled it differently to me, arguably better - he'd have taken a neutral line, "I'll pass it on, guys" sorta thing. And THAT would have been tickity-boo, fair play to him. I chose to be direct, maybe that was wrong, but that's just how I run.

So no, I don't agree that my "bosses", should have commented, & Sky-Rich cannot, he's on his jollies. And, with hindsight, it would have been better, it now appears, if I had not. But it's given a few folks a bone to chew!

When we (some others, & myself) launched APAT, ONE thread on ONE Forum ran to 171 pages of vitriol. Today, APAT is an internationally respected body for Amateur players, & still run by those same volunteers who started that thread. So I can handle a bit of flak, worry not.

Remember, please, the launch date has NOT moved. Not one day. And given how long this matter has been running, why is one or two days a problem? 

I hope you don't take umbrage again, as you did last time, but I just try to be honest, & polite.

Meanwhile, a whole raft of stuff is being worked on by the Suits - this, TP, TKOIII, PTP MkII, SPT, TSP (hush, that one's a secret...), a new TV Show, VLV, da de da. A little patience won't go amiss, imo, or as my Dad used to say, "all in good time". I really - & I'm not being rude or obdurate here - can't fathom why this is so important, in the grand scheme of things. Surely we all have better, more important, things to fret about, no? 

Oh - "everyone loves me"? As if! But Angell adores me, won't have a word said against me, so that's OK.

If we don't chat again before, have a good weekend.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker Points Suggestions... : tikay i dont want to be horrible to you but dont you think your bosses should come out and say this? they know by getting you to say it nobody is going to say nothing because everyone loves you,  dissapointed that sky_rich or someone else hasnt commented on this
    Posted by chels
    I missed that - & that is WRONG, & you should not say such things, with respect.

For the avoidance of doubt, they don't even know I have Posted anything, & they never gave me permission so to do, I did so for the reason I have explained. In fact they'll be quite cross with me if they realised I'd gone "on record" I expect. Write to them & ask them if you wish, I don't tell porkies.

Which is fine, I'll handle it, but really, you should not throw out these scurrilous & unfounded allegations, it's utterly wrong.
  • edited March 2010

Now we have to wait x hours to see the picture!
  • edited March 2010
    sorry tikay but it shouldnt take hours, its normally very quick on other forums, so am sure it wont be too long
  • ckdckd
    edited March 2010

no then lets chill a bit, all the time this poker points thing has been raised and nothing has been done ( since site started ) it looks like more has been done with it in the last couple of days that has been at all so a bit more time to wait on it ain't going to hurt . we should be lucky we getting anything else as other sites r if u don't like it don't play here

tikay you stuck your neck out again tut tut you should know the moaners will find you lol

ty very very much tikay for yet again doing something to help the sky poker PLAYERSout ... yes help the players cos that's all he ever seems to do on here things to help us and then you get whinny little muppets ( i put this as it wont let me put what i want ) just looking for a fight so ok i got a thought for those who do ... this is a poker site how about stop the moaning and play some poker try it you might like it ... again ty tikay for all you do for us please keep it up for us the more of us do appreciate it and hope to see you in swansea for the spt hopefully you can give me a few pointers ( maybe even take me on as you poker jedi apprentice ) lol
  • edited March 2010
    Now we have to wait x hours to see the picture!
    Posted by Tikay10
    cheers tikay not many gaming sites offer a platform like this for us to vent on!...........or a total legend like yourself to reply to our moans and gripes!ty for your time and intrest! ps you were looking like a movie star on the total poker finale lol.your nearly as handsome as me and thats saying something,cos im pretty hot me and modest with it lol.keep up the good work tikay!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Poker Points Suggestions... : cheers tikay not many gaming sites offer a platform like this for us to vent on!...........or a total legend like yourself to reply to our moans and gripes!ty for your time and intrest! ps you were looking like a movie star on the total poker finale lol.your nearly as handsome as me and thats saying something,cos im pretty hot me and modest with it lol.keep up the good work tikay!
    Posted by blade900
    Thanks Bladey.

Poker players moan? Never been known. Much.......
  • edited March 2010
    Well i know you don't get much thanks for passing on info as you've done on here Tikay but i would like to Echo blades thanks and encourage you to continue with these snippets of info as and when you can. I've had many a moan about poker points on this site but knowing that there is something in the pipeline is better than being left blind and thinking that gripes are going un heard or ignored.

I hope whatever thay have come up with is great, and if it's not, THEN i'll moan lol
  • edited March 2010
    for those of us that haven't got none then we couldn't give a monkeys discharge!!! if i had as many as you lot have then i would be putting my foot down with a firm hand!!
  • edited March 2010

Hi,

In case you missed it, Sky Des just Posted this on another thread......

"....We're going to trial a tournament format that will offer free points entry, and if this works we would like to extend it to a festival of several events.  We had hoped to run it this month, but with TP, TKO, WSOP and lots of other initiatives on the go, we've pushed it back; probably to May.  As soon as we have concrete news, we'll let you all know.

Regards,

Des....."
  • edited March 2010
    Sounds interesting. Will keep an eye on the details. Thanks for the update Tikay.