You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty hunter v Deepstack

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
Was reading a post by tikay that said the UKOPS didnt reach gurantee in a few tournaments but the bounty hunter torn did reach it so i was wondering how comes the bounty hunter is so popular.I personally much prefer deepstack torns but maybe its because im 50 that i prefer a more sedate game,Yes i have played BH and its enjoyable but still not my fav..Obviously skypoker must continue with these torns because it seems most on here prefer that format but baffles me why thats more popular than a deepstack..Be interesting to see if the mega stack with 10.000 chips beats the gurantee i hope it does..

Comments

• edited April 2017
    each to there own but i dont like either :)

for me i like the money for winning the torn and bounty hunters remove alot of that. i can see why there popular tho.

deepstacks im told take to long to complete.

for me i like normal and turbo torn like yeserdays even tho i didnt cash once.

yesterday  the weather had alot to do with the runners in the ukops. 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Bounty hunter v Deepstack:
    Was reading a post by tikay that said the UKOPS didnt reach gurantee in a few tournaments but the bounty hunter torn did reach it so i was wondering how comes the bounty hunter is so popular.I personally much prefer deepstack torns but maybe its because im 50 that i prefer a more sedate game,Yes i have played BH and its enjoyable but still not my fav..Obviously skypoker must continue with these torns because it seems most on here prefer that format but baffles me why thats more popular than a deepstack..Be interesting to see if the mega stack with 10.000 chips beats the gurantee i hope it does..
    Posted by razorkev
    Hi razorkev,

In the three comparable tournaments from the first two days of mini UKOPS, there were 1064 entrants for the bounty hunters, and 737 for the non-bounty hunter turbos. So nearly 50% more for the bounty hunters.

In a bounty hunter you don't have to sit there for 2/3 hours before you can cash. You can start winning money straight away.

It could be an age thing. When I used to run betting shops until recently, I would find that the older customers would be more prepared to have a bet that covered multiple selections throughout the day. The younger customers were more interested in the quick hit of one horse, win or lose, or a quick spin on the roulette wheel.

Whatever it is they are very popular, and as you say, Sky would be silly not to make the most of this interest.

Good luck with the rest of the mini UKOPS,

Ed.

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Bounty hunter v Deepstack:
    In Response to Bounty hunter v Deepstack : Hi razorkev, In the three comparable tournaments from the first two days of mini UKOPS, there were 1064 entrants for the bounty hunters, and 737 for the non-bounty hunter turbos. So nearly 50% more for the bounty hunters. In a bounty hunter you don't have to sit there for 2/3 hours before you can cash. You can start winning money straight away. It could be an age thing. When I used to run betting shops until recently, I would find that the older customers would be more prepared to have a bet that covered multiple selections throughout the day. The younger customers were more interested in the quick hit of one horse, win or lose, or a quick spin on the roulette wheel. Whatever it is they are very popular, and as you say, Sky would be silly not to make the most of this interest. Good luck with the rest of the mini UKOPS,                                      Ed.
    Posted by edrich
    Hi ed totally agree ..Remember your set the other day v 2 other sets what a hand that was...Good luck ed take care
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Bounty hunter v Deepstack : Hi ed totally agree ..Remember your set the other day v 2 other sets what a hand that was...Good luck ed take care
    Posted by razorkev
    Set, overset, overset.

Yes, what a hand that was...I was just getting over it....
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Bounty hunter v Deepstack : Set, overset, overset. Yes, what a hand that was...I was just getting over it....
    Posted by edrich
    LOL sorry to bring it back up..Reminded me of a live game in a 20/20 torn in southend i played early this year i had the dreaded jacks which was limped to me on my BB on level 3 so i thought id be cute and check the flop came out J Q 6 We all hit set on flop hence to say i exited and drove home still wondering what happened..lol.poker dont we just love it
  • edited April 2017
    Plus i didnt even win the bad beat jackpot which was about 12k as it needs to be at worse house over house and board didnt pair lol.
  • edited April 2017
    each to there own but i dont like either :) for me i like the money for winning the torn and bounty hunters remove alot of that. i can see why there popular tho. deepstacks im told take to long to complete. for me i like normal and turbo torn like yeserdays even tho i didnt cash once. yesterday  the weather had alot to do with the runners in the ukops. 
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    +1. Quite liked the Turbo MTT,s last night tho. Thought the payouts were really good but thats just bacause i,ve been used to Bounty Hunters where half the prizepool has already gone. Think the weather had a lot to with the guarentees falling short last night (As usual not as much in the Noth West tho )