You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mini UKOPS, Day 2 Review and Report

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat

7.30pm - Mini UKOPS 06, £1,500 Turbo, 259 entries, missed guarantee by 16%

Another non Bounty Hunter, another missed Guarantee. Is there a pattern developing here?

Our winner was CHUNY, and this was easily his biggest ever MTT score here on Sky Poker.

In 2nd place yestrevdid was also recording a MTT PB. emmaj1987 was 4th, Boxster, who helps with running various Leagues here on Sky Poker and who is another positive and upbeat guy was 5th, with albaking 6th.

No other players of note made the Final Table.

Poor old MP33 was having a shocker of an evening - 9th in the opener, then 7th in this.

HendoLad was 15th, UnclePommy 16th - good luck in tonight's Main Pom Pom - waller02 17th, edrich 22nd, Brrrrrr 23rd and MRBURNS4 was 25th.

Comments

• edited April 2017

6.30pm - Mini UKOPS 05, £500 Turbo, 199 entries, missed guarantee by 20%

Just 199 runners for this, somewhat lower than might be reasonably expected. Maybe it would have got more if it were a Bounty Hunter. Cue "too many Bounty Hunters here".

The weather - certainly in Southern UK yesterday - was gorgeous, which is always a bad sign for Online Poker and MTT Guarantees.

Worth mentioning, too, that in the next few weeks, MTT Guarantees across the board will be trimmed as is always the case at this time of year. Team Glass Half Empty will have a chunter, as always, & Team Glass Half Full will rejoice at the thought of Summer, Viva Las Vegas, and one or two other surprises Sky Poker have up their sleeve.

Anyway, back to the opener on Day Two of Mini UKOPS, & the winner was BLOOMIN. Could that be Tony Bloom, who is a very decent poker player, fresh from watching Brighton & Hove Albion, in whom he has invested so much money, promoted to the Premier League? Probably not.

On a sidenote - we like sidenotes and the occasional ramble -  - did you notice that within minutes on Monday evening, THREE South Coast football Clubs - Plymouth Argyle, Portsmouth and Brighton all got promoted? Doubt that's ever happened on a single night before.

Anyway, back to BLOOMIN, and I don't think anyone will begrudge him his win, after playing nearly 8,000 MTT's here in 7 long years.

Runner-up was Red_King, followed by Rags2R1che, happybet, Mobesic and geordieace.

Preston's finest, MP33, just missed the final table, as did Angmar2626. I must say, what a breath of fresh air Angmar has been for the Forum. He did a charity thing, a bankroll challenge, and I've yet to see him whittle or chunter. If only we had a few more like him. When we open the Sky Poker Forum these days, it's often very easy to see why other Online Poker Sites no longer bother with running a Forum.

Meanwhile, spinny gold star holder & all round good guy jawzindawz looks like he gambled early to get a stack. A finishing position of 196 from 199 suggests maybe that did not go as planned.

Next case.  
  • edited April 2017

8.30pm - Mini UKOPS 07, £3,000 Turbo, 279 entries, missed guarantee by 7.5%

This was the evening's UKOPS Main Event, this missed Guarantee too, albeit not by much. Needless to say, it was not a Bounty Hunter.

The UKOPS Bracelet for the evening went to spearsy136, celebrating his biggest MTT cash here in 7 years, so that must have felt pretty good.

Runner-up was Cleis, then laxstar28, (which sounds like a laxative), DrRunGood (sounds like taken a laxative), DontTellMeHowToLookLikeAScruffbag in 5th and UnclePommy in 6th.

Jac35 was a commendable 128th.
  • edited April 2017

9.30pm - Mini UKOPS 08, £1,000 Turbo Bounty Hunter, 406 entries, beat guarantee by 22%

The evening concluded with the only UKOPS Bounty Hunter of the evening and so - yup, you've guessed - it beat Guarantee comfortably.

Winner was Rog1, who has been here 9 years, but had had a remarkable upturn in fortunes in the last month, during which time he has won more than he has in 9 years. Gotta love variance. Probably. 

I'm afraid I know little about the other 5 finalists, but I'll give them a namecheck anyway - Bettotto, DUCKFUZZ, mikeb71, Jrw92 and evju.

Finally, commiserations to MAXALLY who so nearly cashed, but after a valiant struggle eventually exited empty-handed in 402nd place.
  • edited April 2017

Tonight?

4 Bounty Hunters, so I expect the Guarantees to be covered this time, though I'm not entirely sure what a Turbo Dealer Stealer Bounty Hunter will play like. Sounds rather odd and ungainly to me, rather like a PLO8 Bounty Hunter. Each to their own though, & you never know, folks might love it.

Mini UKOPS 09 | £500 Bounty Hunter 6:30pm £2.20 £500 10 3,000
    Mini UKOPS 10 | £1,500 Bounty Hunter 7:30pm £5.50 £1,500 10 3,000
    Mini UKOPS 11 | £3,000 Bounty Hunter 8:30pm £11 £3,000 12 3,000
    Mini UKOPS 12 | £1,000 Turbo Dealer Stealer Bounty Hunter 9:30pm £3.30 £1,000 7 3,000
  • edited April 2017
    Great read tikay really looking forward to getting involved on Fri night ( wife's put her foot down ) in a few events. Great work...
  • edited April 2017
    Great updates as always.

Might try and squeeze a couple of the games in tonight. A bit late to the party starting in day 3 though.

PLO8 BH would probably have done quite well...
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Mini UKOPS, Day 2 Review and Report:
    7.30pm - Mini UKOPS 06, £1,500 Turbo, 259 entries, missed guarantee by 16% Another non Bounty Hunter, another missed Guarantee. Is there a pattern developing here? Our winner was CHUNY , and this was easily his biggest ever MTT score here on Sky Poker. In 2nd place yestrevdid was also recording a MTT PB. emmaj1987 was 4th, Boxster , who helps with running various Leagues here on Sky Poker and who is another positive and upbeat guy was 5th, with albaking 6th. No other players of note made the Final Table. Poor old MP33 was having a shocker of an evening - 9th in the opener, then 7th in this. HendoLad was 15th, UnclePommy 16th - good luck in tonight's Main Pom Pom - waller02 17th, edrich 22nd, Brrrrrr 23rd and MRBURNS4 was 25th.
    Posted by Tikay10

:-))) Please don't make him even more Grumpy....
  • edited April 2017

Oh, whilst I think about it, please be aware that the Mini UKOPS Main Event on Sunday Evening will be a SINGLE REBUY jobbie.

For details, see the lobby HERE

"Mini UKOPS 23 £5,000 Main Event. A freezeout with 12 minute blinds. Players are allowed one rebuy if eliminated before the end of late registration. This must be taken at the table at the time of elimination. Late reg available for 1 hour 48 minutes."
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Mini UKOPS, Day 2 Review and Report : :-))) Please don't make him even more Grumpy....
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Ha, glad you noticed. Made it all worthwhile.  
  • edited April 2017
    8.30pm - Mini UKOPS 07, £3,000 Turbo, 279 entries, missed guarantee by 7.5% This was the evening's UKOPS Main Event, this missed Guarantee too, albeit not by much. Needless to say, it was not a Bounty Hunter. The UKOPS Bracelet for the evening went to spearsy136 , celebrating his biggest MTT cash here in 7 years, so that must have felt pretty good. Runner-up was Cleis , then laxstar28 , (which sounds like a laxative), DrRunGood (sounds like taken a laxative), DontTellMeHowToLookLikeAScruffbag in 5th and UnclePommy in 6th. Jac35 was a commendable 128th.
    Posted by Tikay10

fantastic! ha ha ha
  • edited April 2017
    Good read Tikay - Looking forward to another night of Mini UKOPS and hopefully an FT this time
  • edited April 2017
    Good read Tikay,
                         Like MP33, I need to convert my good starts into final tables.

Good luck all tonight,

Ed.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Mini UKOPS, Day 2 Review and Report:
    6.30pm - Mini UKOPS 05, £500 Turbo, 199 entries, missed guarantee by 20% Just 199 runners for this, somewhat lower than might be reasonably expected. . Anyway, back to the opener on Day Two of Mini UKOPS, & the winner was BLOOMIN . Could that be Tony Bloom, who is a very decent poker player, fresh from watching Brighton & Hove Albion, in whom he has invested so much money, promoted to the Premier League? Probably not. Anyway, back to BLOOMIN , and I don't think anyone will begrudge him his win, after playing nearly 8,000 MTT's here in 7 long years. Runner-up was Red_King , followed by Rags2R1che, happybet, Mobesic and geordieace . Preston's finest, MP33 , just missed the final table, as did Angmar2626 . I must say, what a breath of fresh air Angmar has been for the Forum. He did a charity thing, a bankroll challenge, and I've yet to see him whittle or chunter. If only we had a few more like him. When we open the Sky Poker Forum these days, it's often very easy to see why other Online Poker Sites no longer bother with running a Forum. Meanwhile, spinny gold star holder & all round good guy jawzindawz looks like he gambled early to get a stack. A finishing position of 196 from 199 suggests maybe that did not go as planned. Next case.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Not really, he played well.
    I started FT as shortie, so managed to climb back to get HU, but was never in front.