You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY SHORTLIST AND MORNING PRICES NOW AVAILABLE

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Last minute updates and latest prices now added to opening post spreadsheet which is now finalised. GL
  • edited April 2017
    Here is my personal Jackpot bet for today:
    Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
    Monfass (3)
    Mortens Leam (8)
    Allfredandnobell (7)
    Dear Sire (1)
    Honourable Gent (1)
    Vodka Wells (4)
    Sheneededtherun (5)
    Shimla Dawn (1)
    Frampton (3)
    The Clock Leary (4)
    Blue Hussar (1)
    Viserion (2)
    Dinsdale (3)
    Strongly Suggested (3)
    Leanna Ban (4)
    Dartford Warbler (6)
    Tote Jackpot, 216 bets * £0.50
  • edited April 2017
    gl mate I think you have a very good chance with that. 

unlucky wynne.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY SHORTLIST AND MORNING PRICES NOW AVAILABLE:
    gl mate I think you have a very good chance with that.  unlucky wynne.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Thx Micky. We'll see.

I really wanted to put something else in with the banker, as I feel a little uneasy about it. But it would have made the cost of the perm prohibitive.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Micky, regarding Non Runners.

Going forward at about 15 minutes before the off, can you list all the Non Runners.

If there are NO non-runners, please post something like. "THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO  NON RUNNERS", so I know it's been looked at.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    1,838.81 UNITS still in going to LEG 4: We'd have the following (in blue), which are also my selections:
    3.45PM 3m HcCh 01 - SHIMLA DAWN 2/1 2/1 9/4 9/4
    3.45PM 3m HcCh 02 - PALM GREY 7/2 4/1 7/2 4/1
    3.45PM 3m HcCh 03 - FRAMPTON 9/2 4/1 7/2 11/4
    3.45PM 3m HcCh 04 - THE CLOCK LEARY 15/8 15/8 11/4 3/1
    END
  • edited April 2017
    Opps, well that one (PALM GREY) caught us out with three of the five of us removing it myself included). Had only two removed it, it would have stayed in.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY SHORTLIST AND MORNING PRICES NOW AVAILABLE:
    wynne1938's Removal selections are: 2.10 09 Sandgate 25/1   JP 2pts        01 Dear Sire 13/2    Jp  -6 pts         2.40 03 Jethro 4/1        3.10 02 Celestial Dancer 8/1        06 Strandds Of Velvet 10/1 3.45 03 Frampton 9/2 4.50 03 Strongly Suggested 3/1        01 Crookstown 11/2
    Posted by wynne1938
    GL with your bets today Wynne. When we go live, if you could try and get your initial removal selections in no later than 40 minutes before the off of the first race, as it was hard for me to factor these in late on.

All the best.

G
  • edited April 2017
    Hi Micky, regarding Non Runners. Going forward at about 15 minutes before the off, can you list all the Non Runners. If there are NO non-runners, please post something like. "THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO  NON RUNNERS", so I know it's been looked at. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo

will do mate 

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY SHORTLIST AND MORNING PRICES NOW AVAILABLE : will do mate 
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    N1, TY
  • edited April 2017
    Opps, well that one (PALM GREY) caught us out with three of the five of us removing it myself included). Had only two removed it, it would have stayed in.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    ouch 
    we getting it out of our system now 

• edited April 2017
    After the disappointment of somehow not winning the Jackpot, I did manage to get my stake money back with the following:
    Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
    Strongly Suggested @ 7/2
    £40.00  Single
    23/04/2017 16:45:34 40.00 180.00
    Bet Confirmation - CL6678840210I - Internet Time of bet: 23/04/2017 16:45:34
    No.SelectionsEventEvent DateE/W TermsOddsDividendBet TypeResult
    1 Strongly Suggested
    4.50 Wetherby (Race 6)
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream 
    23/04/2017 None 7/2    Won
    GOOD RUN BY ROSQUERO BTW MICKY!
  • edited April 2017
    mate I've had 3 ew bets this weekend all second. still made a profit.
    going to rename myself bridesmaid
  • edited April 2017
    JACKPOT DIVIDEND PAID £1,994.80 to a £1 UNIT which is kinda what I hinted at in my earlier post.

The SP Accumulator paid £994.83 to a £1 Stake, so there was value to be had from the pool. Although with Best Odds Guaranteed, one could expect a slightly bigger return than the bare £994.83 but nowhere near £2K.

GL us for GO LIVE!

Thanks to all who have helped and contributed to these trial runs.

G
  • edited April 2017
    Opening post has been updated with the results and I have scored my card.

If people can score their card's when they get a chance, and if you pair up and check, that'd be great!
  • edited April 2017
    Looks like most us had one winner, who can get us a clean sheet of losers for the start of go live? :=)
  • edited April 2017
    STAYORGO'S REMOVAL SELECTIONS ARE:   2.10: 04 -  MY MO:                       14/1                  JP +2 PTS     (NB: REPLACED PADS WITH MY MO) 2.10: 05 - DOMTALINE:              12/1                   JP +2 PTS    2.10: 09 - SANDGATE:                25/1                  JP +2 PTS     2.40: 02 - STAR PRESENTER:       9/1                   JP +3 PTS    3.10: 06 - STRANDS OF VELVET: 10/1                  JP +3 PTS    3.45: 02 - PALM GREY:                4/1                    JP -5 PTS     4.20:   4.50: 01 - CROOKSTOWN            5/1                  JP +5 PTS 4.50: 07 - ROSQUERO:               14/1                  JP +2 PTS  STAYORGO'S JACKPOT POINTS =  14   WITH  1 WINNER   FROM  8 SELECTIONS.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Looks8 correct to me

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY PROVISIONAL SHORTLIST NOW AVAILABLE:
    ZADOC'S REMOVAL SELECTIONS ARE: 2:10: 01 - DEAR SIRE                                 JP  -6 PTS 2:10: 02 - MY MO                                        JP  +2 PTS 2:10: 04 - PADS                                            JP  +4 PTS   2:10: 05 - DOMTALINE                                  JP +2 PTS     2:10: 09 - SANDYGATE                                JP  +2 PTS                    3:10: 02 - CELESTIAL DANCER                  JP  +4 PTS 3:10: 06 - STRANDS OF VELVET                JP  +3 PTS      4:50: 01 - CROOKSTOWN                            JP  +5 PTS  ZADOC'S JACKPOT POINTS WERE  16   HAVING 1 WINNERS   FROM   8  SELECTIONS.
    Posted by zadoc
    All correct
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY PROVISIONAL SHORTLIST NOW AVAILABLE:
    2.10 W: 04 - PADS 7/1 JP 6PTS 2.10 W: 09 - SANDGATE 40/1 JP 2PTS 2.40 W: 02 - STAR PRESENTER 10/1 JP 3PTS 3.10 W: 02 - CELESTIAL DANCER 15/2 JP 4PTS 3.10 W: 06 - STRANDS OF VELVET 10/1 JP 3PTS 3.45 W: 02 - PALM GREY 4/1 JP -5PTS 4.20 W: 03 - DINSDALE 9/4 JP 5PTS 4.50 W: 04 - LEANNA BAN 4/1 5PTS JACKPOT POINTS: 23 SNUFFER HAD 1 WINNER FROM 8 SELECTIONS
    Posted by Snuffer

PADS 6 pts?

Nothing gets +6 points +5 is the max, I believe PADS was +4 :=)
  • edited April 2017
    ZADOC'S REMOVAL SELECTIONS ARE: 2:10: 01 - DEAR SIRE                                 JP  -6 PTS 2:10: 02 - MY MO                                        JP  +2 PTS 2:10: 04 - PADS                                            JP  +4 PTS   2:10: 05 - DOMTALINE                                  JP +2 PTS     2:10: 09 - SANDYGATE                                JP  +2 PTS                    3:10: 02 - CELESTIAL DANCER                  JP  +4 PTS 3:10: 06 - STRANDS OF VELVET                JP  +3 PTS      4:50: 01 - CROOKSTOWN                            JP  +5 PTS  ZADOC'S JACKPOT POINTS WERE  16   HAVING 1 WINNERS   FROM   8  SELECTIONS.
    Posted by zadoc

I agree with total
  • edited April 2017
    2.10 03 monfass.              5.1.    JP 5 pts          04 pads.                      7.1     JP 4pts           09 Sandgate.            40.1.   JP 2pts               2.40 02 star presenter added.  10.1  JP 3pts          03 jethro.                              5.1. JP 5PTS 3.10 02 celestial dancer.             15.2 JP 4PTS          strands of velvet                  10.1 JP 3PTS 3.45 02 palm grey.                    4.1 JP -5PTS 4.50 06Dartford warbler removed but can't do red on phone micky jackpot points are 21 from 8 selections with 1 winner ps still at work and on phone so apology if a mess
    Posted by MICKYBLUE

Agreed
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY PROVISIONAL SHORTLIST NOW AVAILABLE : PADS 6 pts? Nothing gets +6 points +5 is the max, I believe PADS was +4 :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Jeez, nothing gets past you! I will amend now :)
  • edited April 2017
    wynne1938's Removal selections are: 2.10 09 Sandgate 25/1   JP 2pts        01 Dear Sire 13/2    Jp  -6 pts         2.40 03 Jethro 4/1       Jp +5pts        3.10 02 Celestial Dancer 8/1 JP +3 pts        06 Strandds Of Velvet 10/1 JP +3pts 3.45 03 Frampton 9/2  Jp +5 pts 4.50 03 Strongly Suggested 3/1 Jp  -5pts        01 Crookstown 11/2   Jp +4pts Wynne1938's Jackpot points were 11 having 2 winners from 8
    Posted by wynne1938

Hi Wynne

Based on latest column prices, Crookstown (5/1) was worth 5pts and Celestial Dancer (15/2) 4pts, so I amend your total to 13 pts.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY PROVISIONAL SHORTLIST NOW AVAILABLE : Jeez, nothing gets past you! I will amend now :)
    Posted by Snuffer

Would have been -6pts if he won, perhaps that's where it came from :=)
  • edited April 2017
    2.10 W: 04 - PADS 7/1 JP 4PTS 2.10 W: 09 - SANDGATE 40/1 JP 2PTS 2.40 W: 02 - STAR PRESENTER 10/1 JP 3PTS 3.10 W: 02 - CELESTIAL DANCER 15/2 JP 4PTS 3.10 W: 06 - STRANDS OF VELVET 10/1 JP 3PTS 3.45 W: 02 - PALM GREY 4/1 JP -5PTS 4.20 W: 03 - DINSDALE 9/4 JP 5PTS 4.50 W: 04 - LEANNA BAN 4/1 5PTS JACKPOT POINTS: 21 SNUFFER HAD 1 WINNER FROM 8 SELECTIONS
    Posted by Snuffer

Correct and great selections with the exception of PALM GREY, but you weren't the only one caught out by that one. VWP.

Shame as if just one of you, me or Micky didn't have PALM GREY as a remover, I'd have won the Jackpot today on my individual bet. Took it out as all 3 of us said remove. :=(

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY PROVISIONAL SHORTLIST NOW AVAILABLE : Would have been -6pts if he won, perhaps that's where it came from :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I think it did, I have the scoring system written on a piece of paper and the 4 is adjacent to the -6. 

Going forward Graham although this has been fun I wouldn't want to influence your selections when you 'go live' as I am a non-syndicate member, so I will not continue to select removers.

Thanks

EDIT: Your post above is a prime example, very unlucky today.
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY PROVISIONAL SHORTLIST NOW AVAILABLE : I think it did, I have the scoring system written on a piece of paper and the 4 is adjacent to the -6.  Going forward Graham although this has been fun I wouldn't want to influence your selections when you 'go live' as I am a non-syndicate member, so I will not continue to select removers. Thanks EDIT: Your post above is a prime example, very unlucky today.
    Posted by Snuffer
    Hi Snuffer. We still welcome your selections mate.

I certainly don't hold you or anyone accountable lol, I picked it myself too.

I am just pointing out how much impact choices can have. (Especially with marginal decisions like removing a 4/1 shot)

It could easily have been the other way around and horses that you leave in could win us the Jackpot, so from my point of view, I am very happy to have you contribute.

I do believe this is the best approach, but of course, removers head's are on the guillotine when it goes wrong. You certainly were not alone with this one.

I am sure this will not be the last time a selection that I removed costs us the Jackpot, it comes with the territory.

A broad pair of shoulders, is what's needed. :=)

I hope you have enjoyed it and continue to input, syndicate member or not.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY PROVISIONAL SHORTLIST NOW AVAILABLE : Hi Snuffer. We still welcome your selections mate. I certainly don't hold you or anyone accountable lol, I picked it myself too. I am just pointing out how much impact choices can have. It could easily have been the other way around and horses that you leave in could win us the Jackpot, so from my point of view, I am very happy to have you contribute. I do believe this is the best approach, but of course, removers head's are on the guillotine when it goes wrong. You certainly were not alone with this one. I am sure this will not be the last time a selection that I removed costs us the Jackpot, it comes with the territory. A broad pair of shoulders, is what's needed. :=) I hope you have enjoyed it and continue to input, syndicate member or not. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Thanks Graham, okay, I will continue unless there are any objections from syndicate members, if so, I will step aside.

Cheers
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: LAST TRIAL RUN TODAY. WETHERBY PROVISIONAL SHORTLIST NOW AVAILABLE : Thanks Graham, okay, I will continue unless there are any objections from syndicate members, if so, I will step aside. Cheers
    Posted by Snuffer

That's great, I am sure no one will object and ultimately, after making an assessment of all the data received, I will make the final decisons, so the buck lies firmly with me. :=)

Really appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,

G
  • edited April 2017

Hi Snuffer

Very much appreciate your input, hope you continue to be involved, maybe one day join syndicate.

Roger