You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mini UKOPS Day 4 Review and Report

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat

6.30pm - Mini UKOPS 13, £500 Bounty Hunter, 260 entries, beat guarantee by 4%

The opener covered guarantee tonight, which might be the first time it had done so all week.

Winner was the very accomplished MICKYBLUE, who is a fan of Dagenham & Redbridge FC if I'm not mistaken, and a painter and decorator by trade.

Runner-up was the_buckle, who had a third place on Thursday, and so if I'm not mistaken, will now sit proudly atop the Total Player Leaderboard.

The rest of the final table comprised ScottyKaye, bigtex999, 24281881 and davros21.

tinytellah, who did well earlier in the series, had a shocker, exiting in 286th place this time,  and sadly, goldnballz did even worse, coming home tail between legs in 291st place.

Comments

• edited April 2017

7.30pm - Mini UKOPS 14, £1,500 Mega Stack, 372 entries, beat guarantee by 24%

Our winner was doherttm20, this being, by some distance, his biggest MTT win here on Sky Poker in 4 years, so well done him. 

Runner-up tren51 may count himself a little unlucky - this was the 2nd time he has been runner-up in a UKOPS MTT - on the previous occasion, over Xmas 2014, he had the misfortune to get heads up with jordz16, which is never a nice spot. Still, it beats being 3rd I guess.

3rd, 4th and 5th respectively were YOURACED, 28july, and dimspal.

In 6th place was fowksey612, this being his 2nd Final Table of this series, so he's another who should jump up the Leaderboard today.

• edited April 2017

8.30pm - Mini UKOPS 15, £4,000 Rebuy Bounty Hunter, 509 entries

I don't have any info as to how many rebuys arose so I can't see how it fared against Guarantee, however with 509 entries we can be pretty sure it beat Guarantee comfortably.

This was a Bracelet event, and the bangle goes to jackl, who was third in an Avenger MTT a week or 2 ago.

He was followed home by sprinter73, Kev1892, ant30, paddygill and the weirdly-named Holzmybeer.

Curt360x27, jawzindawz, splashies, goldnballz and TheDart were all close up.

• edited April 2017

9.30pm - Mini UKOPS 16, £1,000 Turbo Rebuy Bounty Hunter, 293 entries

Again, my apologies, but I have no info as to number of rebuys and add-ons, though I'm aware some players had problems taking the add-on. As a result, this event will NOT count towards the Total Player Leaderboard.  

Last man standing was migr8826, taking his biggest ever MTT cash on Sky Poker, beating OYESIHAVE heads up.

Absolutely delighted for the guy in 3rd place, who I probably respect more than any other player here at Sky Poker - tomgoodun. Here's a man who is our reality check, who puts poker into it's proper context - of no great import - and has more to complain and chunter about than most, but that's not his style. Proper bloke is Tom.

He also celebrated becoming a Grandfather a day or two ago. How about that for a rare double?

A third place finish means presents for his dear grandson, presents for his dear daughter, presents for his dear wife, and most important of all, a new ball for his dear daughter's dear pug. (I'm not entirely sure, but I think a pug is a dog).

Well done Tom, you cheered up Saturday morning a treat.

Must also mention conorshay in 4th, he is on a right heater, having won Freerolls on consecutive days recently.

Finally, well done to MP33 who was unable to execute his add-on, but still managed 7th. It's the nature of things - & especially poker players - to wonder what may have happened if he had secured the add-on. However, we will never know, so it's probably best not to speculate or examine the rear-view mirror too closely.
  • edited April 2017

Tonight sees 3 Bounty Hunters and a Rebuy.

Fingers crossed it will be a peaceful night and there will be no hiccups, glitches, foibles or hows yer fathers, so I can spend Sunday morning in peace, listening to the omnibus edition of The Archers.

Mini UKOPS 17 | £500 Bounty Hunter 6:30pm £2.20 £500 10 3,000
    Mini UKOPS 18 | £1,500 Rebuy 7:30pm £5.50 £1,500 10 2,000
    Mini UKOPS 19 | £4,000 Bounty Hunter 8:30pm £11 £4,000 12 3,000
    Mini UKOPS 20 | £1,000 Turbo Bounty Hunter 9:30pm £3.30 £1,000 7 3,000

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Mini UKOPS Day 4 Review and Report:
    8.30pm - Mini UKOPS 15, £4,000 Rebuy Bounty Hunter, 509 entries I don't have any info as to how many rebuys arose so I can't see how it fared against Guarantee, however with 509 entries we can be pretty sure it beat Guarantee comfortably. This was a Bracelet event, and the bangle goes to jackl , who was third in an Avenger MTT a week or 2 ago. He was followed home by sprinter73, Kev1892, ant30, paddygill and the weirdly-named Holzmybeer . Curt360x27, jawzindawz, splashies, goldnballz and TheDart were all close up.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Prizepool was £5360
  • edited April 2017
    :) Thank you, great write up as per usual.
    Dear Pug is indeed a dog, Dear daughter is going home today, Dear wife is very pleased with my result, life's great :)
  • edited April 2017
    thanks tikay 
    yes I'm a keen daggers fan and have everything crossed this year we end up at Wembley.
    ended up being lucky 13 for me and was a good final table. did my Carlton dance Google it lol

• edited April 2017
    Great write up and well done Tom & Conor.
  • edited April 2017
    Nice write up ! 
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Mini UKOPS Day 4 Review and Report:
    6.30pm - Mini UKOPS 13, £500 Bounty Hunter, 260 entries, beat guarantee by 4% The opener covered guarantee tonight, which might be the first time it had done so all week. Winner was the very accomplished MICKYBLUE , who is a fan of Dagenham & Redbridge FC if I'm not mistaken, and a painter and decorator by trade. Runner-up was the_buckle , who had a third place on Thursday, and so if I'm not mistaken, will now sit proudly atop the Total Player Leaderboard. The rest of the final table comprised ScottyKaye, bigtex999, 24281881 and davros21 . tinytellah , who did well earlier in the series, had a shocker, exiting in 286th place this time,  and sadly, goldnballz did even worse, coming home tail between legs in 291st place.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    that is a bit of a shocker - esp. from 260 entrants :)

• edited April 2017
    thanks  tkay , nice work,  ooo and i got a mention :) cheers marky , gl at tthe tables