You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 pound to 5k and beyond

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat
gonna do one of these challenges i know that there are many but i need to do this as i have really bad bankroll management and i build my roll up to get drunk and blow the lot on the big tables. my stats are ok on tourneys so im gonna stick to playing tourneys mainly and small stakes cash. and im gonna try to stay in control when im drunk and not play it or play small. more to follow

Comments

• edited April 2017
    In Response to 50 pound to 5k and beyond:
    gonna do one of these challenges i know that there are many but i need to do this as i have really bad bankroll management and i build my roll up to get drunk and blow the lot on the big tables. my stats are ok on tourneys so im gonna stick to playing tourneys mainly and small stakes cash. and im gonna try to stay in control when im drunk and not play it or play small. more to follow
    Posted by reeler
    Good Luck Reeler, will follow with interest.
  • edited April 2017
    reeler02£28.05 + £5.27 Head Prizes2       i finished second place in my first bh for 5 pound buy in my ak v his aa gg.
  • edited April 2017
    im sitting with my vape playing poker just now i am a heavy smoker so i want to stop but its really hard so giving this vape a go it is bound to be better than smoking tobacco. tonight i plan on sitting playijng with no drink i might try a sat in to the main depending on how i do on the small stakes cash.
  • edited April 2017
    tried 2 cash tables and after a shaky start was near 2 buy ins down on 1 table but managed to get it back and profit 85 p on that table and another 8 pound 50- p profit on the other table  current balance  86 pound 78 p . im turniing off now to go to the boookies and do a coupon
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: 50 pound to 5k and beyond:
    im sitting with my vape playing poker just now i am a heavy smoker so i want to stop but its really hard so giving this vape a go it is bound to be better than smoking tobacco. tonight i plan on sitting playijng with no drink i might try a sat in to the main depending on how i do on the small stakes cash.
    Posted by reeler
    Changing to vaping will be the single best thing you can do.... I could hardly get through 45 mins playing football when smoking I stopped around two years ago and feel I am now potentially fitter than when I was twenty one.... add in the fact you don't smell and after a few months you won't want a cig.... giving up the vapour is another matter all together
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: 50 pound to 5k and beyond : Changing to vaping will be the single best thing you can do.... I could hardly get through 45 mins playing football when smoking I stopped around two years ago and feel I am now potentially fitter than when I was twenty one.... add in the fact you don't smell and after a few months you won't want a cig.... giving up the vapour is another matter all together
    Posted by Itsover4u
    yeah ive tried given up cigarettes about 4 times and failed every time my longest i lasted was 4 months but i always end up back on them due to drink and before any one thinks ive got a drink problem i dont lol but all the bad stuff like smoking and poker it doesnt end well for me lol
  • edited April 2017
    im also vaping  now,  still smoking  the ciggies  aswell tho. i have  1 every break  and  vape  inbetween.

gl reeler.
  • edited April 2017
    current balance is 58 pound had a bad night last night but still up on the challenge. i would have probably been up more but i played a few sats etc was winning at cash a bit of a rollercoaster really. i am gonna attempt to play today and have a few beers but not too many lol lets see if that brings me any success lol. il update later on my progress.
  • edited April 2017
    50.00 TO 5K ISPROBABLY NOT FEASIBLE FOR YOU TBH.YOU HAVE NO BANKROLL TO ACHEIVE THIS AS YOU CAN ENTER 4 TORNS DAILY AND WITHOUT ANY GOOD CASH THE 50.00 WILL GO WITHIN A WEEK
  • edited April 2017
    gl reeler enjoyed our table today best wishes & run well
  • edited April 2017
    50.00 TO 5K ISPROBABLY NOT FEASIBLE FOR YOU TBH.YOU HAVE NO BANKROLL TO ACHEIVE THIS AS YOU CAN ENTER 4 TORNS DAILY AND WITHOUT ANY GOOD CASH THE 50.00 WILL GO WITHIN A WEEK
    Posted by razorkev
    spoiler
    let the man have his goals you never know 
  • edited May 2017
    gl reeler enjoyed our table today best wishes & run well
    Posted by TENTENTEN
    thank you very much i hope you run well too m8
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    current balance is 40 pound .. so i had a bad day yesterday dropped below my starting point . it was promising in a few tourneys but i blew my chip lead  and ended up with nothing.im not gonna panic ill stick to small games and im sure it will turn my way i have my cp to come today aswell so happy days. there is also a draw for some prize money i might get lucky and win something on that fingers crossed. my vape has broken i dont know what ive done to it so im back on the cigs till i go out and get a new vape i hope the next vape lasts longer than a few days lol
  • edited May 2017
    I hope he does acheive
  • edited May 2017
    current balance is 40 pound .. so i had a bad day yesterday dropped below my starting point . it was promising in a few tourneys but i blew my chip lead  and ended up with nothing.im not gonna panic ill stick to small games and im sure it will turn my way i have my cp to come today aswell so happy days. there is also a draw for some prize money i might get lucky and win something on that fingers crossed. my vape has broken i dont know what ive done to it so im back on the cigs till i go out and get a new vape i hope the next vape lasts longer than a few days lol
    Posted by reeler
    Would highly recommend splashing the cash for a decent one mate. See it as an investment, if it helps you give up the cigs, think how much money you will save over the years.

I spent about £10 on my first one, had to replace numerous bits from it, complete false economy. Have a look about, but I would recommend the smokebox ones. Spent about £50 on mine 3 years ago, must have saved that umpteenth times over.

Anyway, best of luck with both your challenges.

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: 50 pound to 5k and beyond : Would highly recommend splashing the cash for a decent one mate. See it as an investment, if it helps you give up the cigs, think how much money you will save over the years. I spent about £10 on my first one, had to replace numerous bits from it, complete false economy. Have a look about, but I would recommend the smokebox ones. Spent about £50 on mine 3 years ago, must have saved that umpteenth times over. Anyway, best of luck with both your challenges.
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    ill take your advice on board m8 thanks alot
  • edited May 2017
    thankyou very much sky another ten pound added to my account as i won ten pound on the prize draw thanks again
  • edited May 2017
    current balance is 32 pound had bad day yesterday after a promising start in some tourneys.any way i have just gone and bagged myself a 110 pound summit seat im buzzin maybe this is the start of things to come hopefully fingers and toes crossed
  • edited May 2017
    i won the seat on the freeroll forgot to add that lol
  • edited May 2017
    will update properly after the session still got tables open and im literally shakin with the buzz from it lol hopefully more good news later
  • edited May 2017
    Gl in the summit
  • edited May 2017
    Good luck in the summit tonight.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
  • edited May 2017
    thanks guys ive got a few moments before the tourney starts so ill explain what happened. we were down to 4 left and i had the chip lead i had aq suited   and the small stack goes all in with j 7 off i think.so i call and double him up then a few hands later i look down to ak suited and he all ins again and im like if i call now then i might end it but he has more chips now and i could double him up again then im needing to double up for the seat so i sigh fold.  then the very next hand he does it again im like shouting please some one call him as im in dym mode now lol and the blinds are massive. he did get called by aces and there was a sweat. he needed another diamond for the flush but the aces held and im jumping all over the place ha ha . now all i need is to at least get a head or 2 and ill be happy but obviously i want to win the summit so ill have to be at the top of my game and have a bit of luck on my side too. will update later on how i got on.
  • edited May 2017
    wd for your decent run in the summit reeler you gave it a good shot wp gg
  • edited May 2017
     Did you win enough to buy your  marbles back ?
  • edited May 2017
    i didnt disgrace myself in the summit some hard players on my table i managed a head prize for 32pound. treated myself to a mini seat finished 14th place and finished 3rd in the deepie so my balance now is 112 pound so happy days.
  • edited May 2017
    i didnt disgrace myself in the summit some hard players on my table i managed a head prize for 32pound. treated myself to a mini seat finished 14th place and finished 3rd in the deepie so my balance now is 112 pound so happy days.
    Posted by reeler
    Nice-well done
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: 50 pound to 5k and beyond : Nice-well done
    Posted by Essexphil
    was yourself i was going on about when i said tough table i think i was on your table on the mini also tommy d im learning alot playing against you guys im being a bit more patient still making some mistakes but im happy overall with my game at the moment hopefully a big win will follow soon.