You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Personal PLACEPOT at Thirsk Today (30/04/2017) (HAD ALL SIX WINNERS IN MY PLACEPOT)

edited May 2017 in Betting Chat

Comments

• edited April 2017
    I had a crack at the PLACEPOT at Thirsk today, (to be clear, just for me, not a syndicate bet), mainly focusing on the market movers and the extreme draw bias that exists.

Here are my selections:
    Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
    Bogsnog (6)
    The Name's Paver (2)
    Beverley Bullet (3)

Muscika (1)
    Mabs Cross (11)

Judy Woods (1)
    Kroy (4)
    Arnold (7)
    Kaeso (8)
    Scotch Myst (10)

Skellig Michael (3)
    Bismarck The Flyer (5)
    Mr Strutter (8)
    Regal Decree (10)

The Lock Master (2)
    Melabi (3)
    Whitecliff Park (11)

Zanetto (3)
    Grandad's World (5)

Tote Placepot, 720 bets * £0.20

• edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Personal PLACEPOT at Thirsk Today (30/04/2017):
    good start gl
    Posted by mkgunner

Cheers, MK, Wynne had good start too. :=)
  • edited April 2017
    youve got a sweat on stayorgo    gl
  • edited April 2017
    youve got a sweat on stayorgo    gl
    Posted by jambo56

TY Jambo.
  • edited April 2017
    well done stay or go ,mines a pint of tennents lager lol 

• edited April 2017
    Not sure whether to celebrate or cry as I had all six winners, in my perm above, but only did the Placepot.

A £1.00 SP win accumulator would have paid £115,273.12, way more that you could get from the pool, hence why you don't do it on open cards like these.

Bit gutted in a way, it kind of makes my £874.56 return look a bit paultry, but happy nontheless, a win is a win as they say.

Note to self, perhaps do a small accumulator on my placepot selections, although it probably won't happen again for a while.

Lets save it for the syndicate anyway. :=)
  • edited April 2017
    sore one ,i know ,been there .still nice to get a lift,augers well for your syndicate i hope....

• edited April 2017
    I think doing placepots on a track where there is a big draw bias could be +ev.

Comments about Thirsk from drawbias.com below.

5 FURLONGS

Conclusions

Wow!! What a massive bias. In good or better ground unless you are drawn on the top half, which is the stands side, then forget it. When the ground is soft the bias doesn't seem to exist, and it is thought that the far side rail is faster in soft ground which would explain this.

6 FURLONGS:

Conclusions

The 6 furlongs at Thirsk is run over the same straight course as the 5 furlongs. Again there appears to be a big bias favouring high drawn runners.

7 FURLONGS:

Conclusions

The 7 furlongs at Thirsk is around one turn, and the draw stats seem to indicate a medium advantage in being drawn low when the ground is good or better. When the ground is soft it actually appears to be better to be drawn high.

8 FURLONGS:

Conclusions

The bias at Thirsk over a mile does not appear to exist.

They were absoluely spot on today, on the GOOD and drying ground!

Cheers,

G

• edited April 2017
    Not sure whether to celebrate or cry as I had all six winners , in my perm above, but only did the Placepot. A £1.00 SP win accumulator would have paid £115,273.12 , way more that you could get from the pool, hence why you don't do it on open cards like these. Bit gutted in a way, it kind of makes my £874.56 return look a bit paultry, but happy nontheless, a win is a win as they say. Note to self, perhaps do a small accumulator on my placepot selections, although it probably won't happen again for a while. Lets save it for the syndicate anyway. :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    well done graham on placepot but also very sick at the same time(think i would cry)
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: Personal PLACEPOT at Thirsk Today (30/04/2017) (HAD ALL SIX WINNERS IN MY PLACEPOT):
    sore one ,i know ,been there .still nice to get a lift,augers well for your syndicate i hope....
    Posted by jambo56
    Thx for your good wishes for the syndicate Jambo.
  • edited April 2017
    Well done Graham.
  • edited April 2017

Thanks Wynne.

BTW does anyone know a betting site that will allow a 5p accumulator perm, or is 10p minimum the indusrty standard?

Send me a PM if you do know of one, as we can't advertise anything except SkyBet here.

Cheers,

G
  • edited May 2017
    well done at thirsk and none of the sites I use allow 5p's . Im a lot of help aren't I !!!!