You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dread a second table opening

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat

is it me?  is it adobe flash?  what is happening?

for weeks i have tried everything to solve this problem.  i have cleaned my pc, updated drivers, updated this and that, reinstalled stuff, uninstalled stuff.  changed start-up programmes, used task manager to disable processes.  alll to no avail.

when playing a table, in a hand, everything freezes when a second table opens.

i have had AA and simply unable to click a button.  i have held the nuts and only need to call a shove, but unable.  this is very frustrating and costly.

is it just me?

Comments

• edited April 2017
    no m8 im mashing buttons all the time but i actually think its my laptop which is causing the problems . now ive got to try and get my tables up cuz im posting on here , mash mash mash
  • edited April 2017

single tabling ....

not even entering an all-in

• edited May 2017
    im having some isuues and think it might be my laptop too but not sure
  • edited May 2017
    just for balance -   havent had any problems at all
  • edited May 2017

thanks all.

so few with the same issue means that it is my problem.

i need to find out why

• edited May 2017
    Im having no problems whatsever. 1-6 tables ((cash). And My Pc has a failing grapics card)).
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to dread a second table opening:
    is it me?  is it adobe flash?  what is happening? for weeks i have tried everything to solve this problem.  i have cleaned my pc, updated drivers, updated this and that, reinstalled stuff, uninstalled stuff.  changed start-up programmes, used task manager to disable processes.  alll to no avail. when playing a table, in a hand, everything freezes when a second table opens. i have had AA and simply unable to click a button.  i have held the nuts and only need to call a shove, but unable.  this is very frustrating and costly. is it just me?
    Posted by aussie09
    I can normally get away with 2 tables, but for the last couple of weeks if a 3rd opens my laptop struggles, all updates have been done so will have a look tonight.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: dread a second table opening:
    In Response to dread a second table opening : I can normally get away with 2 tables, but for the last couple of weeks if a 3rd opens my laptop struggles, all updates have been done so will have a look tonight.
    Posted by xtortion8

+1 I'm exactly the same

• edited May 2017
    ran 6 at times tonight. no problems my end
  • edited May 2017
    ran 6 at times tonight. no problems my end
  • edited May 2017
    I can get three tables on my Android tablet
    Two on browser, one on mobile

• edited May 2017
    In Response to dread a second table opening:
    is it me?  is it adobe flash?  what is happening? for weeks i have tried everything to solve this problem.  i have cleaned my pc, updated drivers, updated this and that, reinstalled stuff, uninstalled stuff.  changed start-up programmes, used task manager to disable processes.  alll to no avail. when playing a table, in a hand, everything freezes when a second table opens. i have had AA and simply unable to click a button.  i have held the nuts and only need to call a shove, but unable.  this is very frustrating and costly. is it just me?
    Posted by aussie09
    Hi aussie,

Are you playing the download client? Does it happen every time a second table opens and does it mean you are unable to play more than one table at any time?
  • edited May 2017

hi sam,

thanks for posting.

i always play via Mozilla Firefoz (v53) and always have.  it is a long term problem that has become impossible over recent weeks.  sometimes i am in a hand about to bet or call with the nuts and then another table opens.  everything freezes while the new table is populated.  20 seconds later I see that i am sat out.  it is an awful position to be in.

to solve this i have tried virtually everything.  i have used different browsers (Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer) even old versions of Firefox.  I have uninstalled many things.  cleaned this and that.

my thinking is that the processing power requirement is now so great on one table that, if a second table starts up, the laptop is simply overwhelmed.  it is a laptop 2 years old, running windows 10, a good processor, good memory 4GB, sky broadband.

i think that one table is now taking lots of memory to run.  but i am dismayed at the problem and pained by the lost wins. 

one final thought, i use the old style tables.  i dislike the updated look and graphics.  is it a problem linked to this?  do the old style tables use a lot more processing to run?

• edited May 2017

my best theory is that just one table now takes up so much processing power that doing something else is too much, even for the most powerful pc.

• edited May 2017
    my best theory is that just one table now takes up so much processing power that doing something else is too much, even for the most powerful pc.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Im ok with 2 tables running now but over that it lags freezes or logs me out..I have someone coming over thursday who is a computer buff so hope he can sort this niggling problem
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Both (kev I have read your other thread),

Thanks for your feedback. Specific times when you experience this issue would be very useful. I have sent over some extracts from your play to our tech team where you appear to time out. I will keep you updated on this one, for now I would strongly reccomend playing on the Download Client. 

Sam
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to dread a second table opening : Hi aussie, Are you playing the download client? Does it happen every time a second table opens and does it mean you are unable to play more than one table at any time?
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    This post is one of many that show why I like Sky. Yes, niggly things go wrong, but you CARE.

I was having problems on another site (which I won't name), because there were major problems on Firefox. Their "solution"? Don't play on Firefox (ignoring the fact that everywhere else works fine). My solution? Don't play on that site...
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Both (kev I have read your other thread), Thanks for your feedback. Specific times when you experience this issue would be very useful. I have sent over some extracts from your play to our tech team where you appear to time out. I will keep you updated on this one, for now I would strongly reccomend playing on the Download Client.  Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Cheers sam...It basically didnt load the 8.15 dtd 3 game when i did launch it froze so sat out of that for 20 mins to play dtd1 and 2 then sat out dtd 1 to play dtd 2 and 3 and so on..I tried to get a chipstack up so i could then sit out to play the other 2 torns..Like i said i used mtt tokens so no drama but it means mondays i cant plat dtd 123 which is a shame..Once again thanks for getting back to us sam many thanks
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: dread a second table opening : This post is one of many that show why I like Sky. Yes, niggly things go wrong, but you CARE. I was having problems on another site (which I won't name), because there were major problems on Firefox. Their "solution"? Don't play on Firefox (ignoring the fact that everywhere else works fine). My solution? Don't play on that site...
    Posted by Essexphil
    Here here
  • edited May 2017
    Aussie, I have sent you an email about the issues you are experiencing.

• edited May 2017
    Aussie, I have sent you an email about the issues you are experiencing.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    thanks sam.  just replied via email.