You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

New priority player confused by rakeback amount received - are my sums wrong here?

edited May 2017 in Priority
Hi all

I made priority for the first time (bronze level) in April by earning 10,193 point over the course of the month and received a rakeback payment into my account today of £150.28. Whilst the extra money is of course gratefully received, it is a touch less than I was expecting.

My understanding is that one receives 6 poker points for every £1 contributed in rake. 10,193 points divided by 6 equals 1698.83 - the ammount I have theoretically paid in rake over the course of April. If bronze level priority pays 10% rakeback then shouldn't my rakeback payment equal £169.88?

I guess I'm either confused here and my sums are wrong (most likely!) or my rakeback reward has been incorrectly calculated.

Any feedback on this would be greatfully received!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to New priority player confused by rakeback amount received - are my sums wrong here?:
    Hi all I made priority for the first time (bronze level) in April by earning 10,193 point over the course of the month and received a rakeback payment into my account today of £150.28. Whilst the extra money is of course gratefully received, it is a touch less than I was expecting. My understanding is that one receives 6 poker points for every £1 contributed in rake. 10,193 points divided by 6 equals 1698.83 - the ammount I have theoretically paid in rake over the course of April. If bronze level priority pays 10% rakeback then shouldn't my rakeback payment equal £169.88? I guess I'm either confused here and my sums are wrong (most likely!) or my rakeback reward has been incorrectly calculated. Any feedback on this would be greatfully received!
    Posted by Duesenberg
    It might be that you have earnt some double poker points if you have played during happy hours and I seem to remember that affecting some of my rakeback payments. Support should be able to help if that isn't the case.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Did you make any points when happy days was on?
    This means you would of made more points but not paid the rake

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/happy-hours
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the replies guys. I did put some of my volume in during the happy hours so that will explain it - completely forgot about them to be honest.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to New priority player confused by rakeback amount received - are my sums wrong here?:
    Hi all I made priority for the first time (bronze level) in April by earning 10,193 point over the course of the month and received a rakeback payment into my account today of £150.28. Whilst the extra money is of course gratefully received, it is a touch less than I was expecting. My understanding is that one receives 6 poker points for every £1 contributed in rake. 10,193 points divided by 6 equals 1698.83 - the ammount I have theoretically paid in rake over the course of April. If bronze level priority pays 10% rakeback then shouldn't my rakeback payment equal £169.88? I guess I'm either confused here and my sums are wrong (most likely!) or my rakeback reward has been incorrectly calculated. Any feedback on this would be greatfully received!
    Posted by Duesenberg
    Clarke and Matt explained it. Also if you play shorthanded eg. HU or 3 handed on a 6-max table you get double points IIRC. 

I think this is to encourage people to start games and to discourage games from breaking when people leave. I think it makes sense, you need to encourage people to start tables at the mid-higher stakes.

MTTs and SNGs get 10 points per £.

Congrats on making Prio for the first time.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Emma

That also makes sense as I do a fair bit of table starting - I pretty much stick exclusively to cash games.

It's good to know that the double points type promotions don't make a difference to your monthly rakeback payments (unless it's the difference between achieving a level up of course). Does anybody know if things like happy hour or playing short handed is counted towards the weekly paymenets/rewards though? From what I can tell, those seem to be purely based on the number of points accrued rather than the actual total of rake paid, but it would be good to know for sure either way if anyone can confirm? It's always good to know what the most +ev line to take in all respects is! 

• Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: New priority player confused by rakeback amount received - are my sums wrong here?:
    Thanks Emma That also makes sense as I do a fair bit of table starting - I pretty much stick exclusively to cash games. It's good to know that the double points type promotions don't make a difference to your monthly rakeback payments (unless it's the difference between achieving a level up of course). Does anybody know if things like happy hour or playing short handed is counted towards the weekly paymenets/rewards though? From what I can tell, those seem to be purely based on the number of points accrued rather than the actual total of rake paid, but it would be good to know for sure either way if anyone can confirm? It's always good to know what the most +ev line to take in all respects is! 
    Posted by Duesenberg
    Hi again Due,

Yes, Happy Hours & the like DO increase our weekly Sky Poker Rewards Payments.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for confiming that Tikay. Much obliged to you Sir!