You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

welcome back irishrover

2»

Comments

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover:
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover : Ive a North Korean missile flying over my roof, we're doomed.
    Posted by chilling
    Are you living in North Korea now Chill?? their missiles don't normally get much further than where they fire them from. You want to be more careful of the women giving you a FACIAL.

.... and welcome back IrishRover ... (:D}

• edited May 2017
    "Irishrover" can knock over "Domino's"  but now it's just Pizza's
  • edited May 2017
    back in the day, I would be called a troll... or maybe just a friend.  great to to see you back IR :)
    Posted by samantha25
    jeez 2 oldies back on the forum with one stone.
    wb IR old pal :-)

• edited May 2017
    ok I got the message will now shut my account down with sky poker you are welcome hope your happy
    Posted by paige55
    you're 
  • edited May 2017
    Firstly.... Welcome back irishrover. Its not that bad here, honest :)

Paige....... what are you doing?! This is a happy welcome thread! You're apparently the "forum puppy", all harmless and bouncy. i disagree...

Tom... You're an absolute gent and anyone who knows you knows this. hats off to you for pointing out what you did. I've not heard of shitposting before. i reckon spam is properly guilty of this every week tho! (hi spam, loves u really obvs)

not been on here for aaaaaaaages..... May stay for a bit. Anybody i now offend can blame the puppy for forcing me out of hibernation to defend a teamy ;)

• edited May 2017
    I do not know IR but WB anyway.

Tom is a gent and anyone who says otherwise could do with purchasing a small mirror so that they may have a good look at themselves.

I don't think this place is as bad as some may point out. On the contrary, plenty posters make a big effort to make the forum fun. Tikay, James, Sam etc and some of the regular posters are always on hand to try and help anyone encountering problems. There are often fun little competitions run by Tikay/Sky offering free tickets etc which Sky do not have to do. On top of that there are plenty little leagues etc to join in, if one feels so inclined. Not a bad deal IMO.

As for 'bullying', I have read almost every post on here for months and I do not see anything I would define as bullying. There was one contentious topic started by a certain someone (you know who you are lol ;-D) which was always going divide opinion. People gave their opinions and that was that.

All in all I would say we are lucky to have the little community that we have here and I for one am grateful to everyone who contributes positively to make the forum what it is.
  • edited May 2017
    Mm!  look in the mirror.?
    bully1
    ˈbʊli/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: bullying
    1. use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something.
      "a local man was bullied into helping them"
      synonyms:persecute, oppress, tyrannize, torment, browbeat, intimidate, cow, coerce, strong-arm, subjugate, domineer; Moreinformalpush around/about, play the heavy with
      "the other children used to bully him"
      coerce, pressure, pressurize, bring pressure to bear on, use pressure on, put pressure on, constrain, lean on, press, push;
      force, compel, oblige, put under an obligation;
      hound, harass, nag, harry, badger, goad,, pester, browbeat, brainwash, bludgeon, persuade, prevail on, work on, act on, influence, intimidate, dragoon, twist someone's arm, strong-arm;
      informalbulldoze, railroad, put the screws/squeeze on;
      informalbounce;
      informalhustle, fast-talk
      "a local man was bullied into helping them"
    Origin
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover : Are you living in North Korea now Chill?? their missiles don't normally get much further than where they fire them from. You want to be more careful of the women giving you a FACIAL. .... and welcome back IrishRover ... (:D}
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    Wash your mouth out you mucky fella.
  • edited May 2017
    Mm!  look in the mirror.? bully 1 ˈbʊli / verb gerund or present participle: bullying use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something. "a local man was bullied into helping them" synonyms: persecute , oppress , tyrannize , torment , browbeat , intimidate , cow , coerce , strong-arm , subjugate , domineer ; More informal push around/about, play the heavy with "the other children used to bully him" coerce , pressure , pressurize , bring pressure to bear on, use pressure on, put pressure on, constrain , lean on, press , push ; force , compel , oblige , put under an obligation ; hound , harass , nag , harry , badger , goad , , pester , browbeat , brainwash , bludgeon , persuade , prevail on, work on, act on, influence , intimidate , dragoon , twist someone's arm, strong-arm ; blackjack ; informal bulldoze , railroad , put the screws/squeeze on ; informal bounce ; informal hustle , fast-talk "a local man was bullied into helping them" Origin
    Posted by goldon
    Shame
    I thought you'd stopped posting.
    You add zero to the forum. You continuously troll every thread you post on and then claim bullying when someone comments.

You group with similar posters who are all similarly tiresome

Why don't you all just sod off and form a little group where you can whine to your hearts content?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover : Shame I thought you'd stopped posting. You add zero to the forum. You continuously troll every thread you post on and then claim bullying when someone comments. You group with similar posters who are all similarly tiresome
    Posted by Jac35
    Touch a nerve ........ saw your reflection.  edit;  pick up the poo your throwing around. !
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover : Touch a nerve ........ saw your reflection.
    Posted by goldon
    Hardly
    Im just fed up with you and your cronies playing this pathetic victim card
  • edited May 2017
    this is boring now , i started this thread to welcome back one of the good guys hoping he would start posting again , Dennis was always a positive lad encouraging people and helping all the time so its no suprise he hasn,t posted on this thread and why would he its descended into a pathetic pile of cr@p
    close the thread 
  • edited May 2017
    this is boring now , i started this thread to welcome back one of the good guys hoping he would start posting again , Dennis was always a positive lad encouraging people and helping all the time so its no suprise he hasn,t posted on this thread and why would he its descended into a pathetic pile of cr@p close the thread 
    Posted by stokefc
    Sorry to derail your thread Stoke
  • edited May 2017
    this is boring now , i started this thread to welcome back one of the good guys hoping he would start posting again , Dennis was always a positive lad encouraging people and helping all the time so its no suprise he hasn,t posted on this thread and why would he its descended into a pathetic pile of cr@p close the thread 
    Posted by stokefc
     Yes thrown at Paige55 by the very people who say they support "Women's Rights"  ?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover :  Yes thrown at Paige55 by the very people who say they support "Women's Rights"  ?
    Posted by goldon

Nobody threw poop at page. She put some Very negative posts up on a thread aimed at welcoming someone back, played the victim as soon as she got a response, then flounced off! Not cool!

The fact that forum favourites, and genuinely good guys, have gotten annoyed enough to say something speaks absolute Volumes. Tom and Jac are not trolls/bullies/controversial types at All, and no amount of argument will make anyone with half a brain think differently.

I mean for god sakes.. we are all grown ups yes? Its perfectly ok to disagree with the way someone behaves and to tell them that. Whats not ok is this immediate jump to the worst bandwagon you can jump on/label you can give them.

just urgh.......
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover : Shame I thought you'd stopped posting. You add zero to the forum. You continuously troll every thread you post on and then claim bullying when someone comments. You group with similar posters who are all similarly tiresome Why don't you all just sod off and form a little group where you can whine to your hearts content?
    Posted by Jac35
    Nailed it.

Threads that get hijacked by attention seeking, repetitive, unfunny sh**posters are just so tiresome.

"I talk utter b@@*ocks but I'm a silly old bird, don't mind me"

"you called me a silly old bird, i'm off"

"you've gravefully offended a wonderful person, may you be damned to hell"

Jesus H Christ, just grow the f@*kk up, won't you? There are actually serious matters going on in the world to fret about not meaningless minutiae on a bloody poker forum..........

Rant over, as you were.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover : Nailed it. Threads that get hijacked by attention seeking, repetitive, unfunny sh**posters are just so tiresome. "I talk utter b@@*ocks but I'm a silly old bird, don't mind me" "you called me a silly old bird, i'm off" "you've gravefully offended a wonderful person, may you be damned to hell" Jesus H Christ, just grow the f@*kk up, won't you? There are actually serious matters going on in the world to fret about not meaningless minutiae on a bloody poker forum.......... Rant over, as you were.
    Posted by SJspanky1

Game, set and match Spanky.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover : Nailed it. Threads that get hijacked by attention seeking, repetitive, unfunny sh**posters are just so tiresome. "I talk utter b@@*ocks but I'm a silly old bird, don't mind me" "you called me a silly old bird, i'm off" "you've gravefully offended a wonderful person, may you be damned to hell" Jesus H Christ, just grow the f@*kk up, won't you? There are actually serious matters going on in the world to fret about not meaningless minutiae on a bloody poker forum.......... Rant over, as you were.
    Posted by SJspanky1

They've softened the filters since I was last here.. heh

Read this twice. Cried laughter tears...
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover : Nobody threw poop at page. She put some Very negative posts up on a thread aimed at welcoming someone back, played the victim as soon as she got a response, then flounced off! Not cool! The fact that forum favourites, and genuinely good guys, have gotten annoyed enough to say something speaks absolute Volumes. Tom and Jac are not trolls/bullies/controversial types at All, and no amount of argument will make anyone with half a brain think differently. I mean for god sakes.. we are all grown ups yes? Its perfectly ok to disagree with the way someone behaves and to tell them that. Whats not ok is this immediate jump to the worst bandwagon you can jump on/label you can give them. just urgh.......
    Posted by TASHAL
    Well said
  • edited May 2017
    Last three post's  ........ confirm Trolls & Bullies Active and colluding.   keep it up . ?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover : Well said
    Posted by razorkev

Ta.

I am practicing wording things in a way that Doesn't get me forum banned. What i Actually said was a lot less pc and profanity laden. Forum gets the clean version :)
  • edited May 2017
    Last three post's  ........ confirm Trolls & Bullies Active and colluding.   keep it up . ?
    Posted by goldon

oh bloody hell... shut up you silly little man!
  • edited May 2017
    hi everyone, we all having fun? :)
  • edited May 2017
    Posted by goldon
    A delusion is a belief that is held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: welcome back irishrover : Ta. I am practicing wording things in a way that Doesn't get me forum banned. What i Actually said was a lot less pc and profanity laden. Forum gets the clean version :)
    Posted by TASHAL
    Say what you mean ...... mean what you say ........ unless they tell you different. !  no f words pls.
  • edited May 2017
    For clarity, I have been confused by the word " Troll" , (bullying is for later) , I looked it up on wiki and thought it may be prudent to educate some others as to the true meaning.
    Apologies to Stoke for the skew this thread has taken.
  • edited May 2017
    Ok I'm closing this up.  Left it open this long because the OP was actually very positive and wanted to give it a chance to get back on track.  I think we have gone past the tipping point now.