You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Spin ups Whats the Deal?

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat
I have been playing spin up on here for about a year now.  I stopped playing regular cash games not long after.  
I always used to lose to the same players on reg. cash games, DTM, Curt360, Liamboi all the regs on 10/20 nlh.
They are top guys and gave  me lots of good advice, nice people.

I thought my game was to tight and that spin up would make me improve a part of my game that was weakest. I think it has helped me to be more aggresive and play a wider range of hands, and also understand the game of poker a lot better.

Now I find regular poker very slow and can't seem to get away from the spin up games.  

I see some really good players on spin up who are consistant winners.  Is it bad to just play spin ups?  It seems that its looked down on by a lot of players, but I do think it is possible to make money from it,  I think I have learnt from it and would like to go back to reg. poker and try again but it is just so exciting playing spin up! I love and hate it t the same time!

I would love to hear any thoughts or ideas about spin up. 
Thanks a lot,
merlin

Comments

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Spin ups Whats the Deal?:
    I have been playing spin up on here for about a year now.  I stopped playing regular cash games not long after.   I always used to lose to the same players on reg. cash games, DTM, Curt360, Liamboi all the regs on 10/20 nlh. They are top guys and gave  me lots of good advice, nice people. I thought my game was to tight and that spin up would make me improve a part of my game that was weakest. I think it has helped me to be more aggresive and play a wider range of hands, and also understand the game of poker a lot better. Now I find regular poker very slow and can't seem to get away from the spin up games.   I see some really good players on spin up who are consistant winners.  Is it bad to just play spin ups?  It seems that its looked down on by a lot of players, but I do think it is possible to make money from it,  I think I have learnt from it and would like to go back to reg. poker and try again but it is just so exciting playing spin up! I love and hate it t the same time! I would love to hear any thoughts or ideas about spin up.  Thanks a lot, merlin
    Posted by fi33er
    Ive played them twice and tbh its not my cup of tea as sitting on a 10/20 table with max £2 is a bit russian roulette for me ..You can get called by very very marginal hands so in the light of day if you get a premuim it is likely to get called by 3-4 players if youve only got £1.20-£2.60 in play..Ive seen a few players with biggish staks so works for some but not me...Good luck
  • edited May 2017

hi fi33er

it's the same as cricket.  there are those who remember the good old days, love the 5 day game. blind to the acres of empty seats at the county grounds.

there are those who love the evening white ball game.  there are millions paid to the the best players.  poker is not dissimilar.  dyms are the 5 day game.  deepstacks too.  fast mtts are the future, spin ups too. 

i see that you are good at spin-ups.  good luck in the future.

• edited May 2017
    fast mtt is how this site was imo it wont go back there again :(

imo horses for courses if your good at spin up who in there right mind can critisize. 

im good at heads up, DYM bore me silly but can understan players liking them.
  • edited May 2017
    when u only have 10 big blinds its not about being aggresive  tbh but your range becomes alot wider and people call alot wider as u only have 10 bb me personally love deep stack cash games 200bb deep  all i play on cash  as im a better player playing through the streets 
  • edited May 2017
    Cheers guys for your input and kind words Aussie. I haven't tried the DYM's could be an interesting format...
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Spin ups Whats the Deal?:
    I have been playing spin up on here for about a year now.  I stopped playing regular cash games not long after.   I always used to lose to the same players on reg. cash games, DTM, Curt360, Liamboi all the regs on 10/20 nlh. They are top guys and gave  me lots of good advice, nice people. I thought my game was to tight and that spin up would make me improve a part of my game that was weakest. I think it has helped me to be more aggresive and play a wider range of hands, and also understand the game of poker a lot better. Now I find regular poker very slow and can't seem to get away from the spin up games.   I see some really good players on spin up who are consistant winners.  Is it bad to just play spin ups?  It seems that its looked down on by a lot of players, but I do think it is possible to make money from it,  I think I have learnt from it and would like to go back to reg. poker and try again but it is just so exciting playing spin up! I love and hate it t the same time! I would love to hear any thoughts or ideas about spin up.  Thanks a lot, merlin
    Posted by fi33er
    People look down on the spin ups due to the rake structure which makes it harder to be a long term winner. If you enjoy the games and are aware of the rake making it harder to win then that's all that matters.