You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New £2.20 PLO8 Bounty Hunter (any room to add an £11 or £1r PLO8 BH at 6:30pm now tha

edited June 2017 in Poker Chat
Late reg still open.

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Just mentioning this as it is new and therefore many people may not be aware it has been introduced.

Hopefully the game allows people with different buy in preferences to give the PLO8 BH's a try.
  • edited May 2017
    Getting nearer today. 12 minutes to go we need 2 players to hit the guarantee.
  • edited May 2017
    Cleared the guarantee on day 2 :)
  • edited May 2017
    Enjoyed it. Would be good later in evening though as won't be able to make it most nights.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: New £2.20 PLO8 Bounty Hunter game introduce for 5:30pm from today:
    Enjoyed it. Would be good later in evening though as won't be able to make it most nights.
    Posted by DEL560
    Nice 1 :)

Just between us...

I have a sneaky feeling Sky__James is currently working on plans aimed at implementing the PLO8 BH's at different buy ins from £1.10 to £110 throughout the day with special huge gauarantee games every weekend. Maybe some late VLV OH8 packages too and a special level within Prio to accommodate OH8 players.

Just a hunch I have ;-) 

Watch this space I guess.
  • edited May 2017
    I see this was cancelled today as only 6 were registered and minimum runners is set at 7.

I think it has established well and is meeting the guarantee each night? Might be worthwhile setting minimum to 5 so that it isn't cancelled when it would probably have hit the guarantee anyway?
  • edited May 2017
    5.30 is awfully early, I could never play in this, would likely playy it in tandem with the £5 games if they were closer to one another
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: New £2.20 PLO8 Bounty Hunter game introduce for 5:30pm from today:
    5.30 is awfully early, I could never play in this, would likely playy it in tandem with the £5 games if they were closer to one another
    Posted by HENDRIK62

The hope is to get them at a variety of times across the board. At the end of the day it is all down to Sky__James though who has been helpful in getting the 3 PLO8 BH's we have started.

I agree this isn't a prime slot but we could have some PLO8 BH offerings at both prime and non prime time IMO.
  • edited June 2017
    Just following up on this as the new tourney has been running for about a month now and seems to be establishing itself very well.

In the spirit of striking while the iron is hot...

It looks like there is a prime slot free in the OH8 MTT schedule around 6:30pm.

Is there room to build upon the current momentum and add either a crazed £1.10 rebuy PLO8 BH with a trial guarantee around £50? Or maybe a £11 PLO8 BH with a £200 guarantee?

I wouldn't be playing a £1.10 rebuy PLO8 BH very often myself but it could be carnage and a lot of fun and it would be nice to see the schedule grow. Personally would like to see an £11, the old £11 we had was at a much later time but still had in excess of 40 runners on occassion. Such a tourney in a prime slot at 6:30pm could do very well and maybe encourage some of the Holdem MTT grinders to return.
  • edited June 2017
    I would certainly love some bigger hilo tourneys, especially if there were some turbos with 5 min blinds in the mix, so people have to play a wider range
  • edited June 2017
    I would certainly love some bigger hilo tourneys, especially if there were some turbos with 5 min blinds in the mix, so people have to play a wider range
    Posted by chiggypig

Does that mean I have to call you even lighter......;-)
  • edited June 2017
    Just following up on this as the new tourney has been running for about a month now and seems to be establishing itself very well. In the spirit of striking while the iron is hot... It looks like there is a prime slot free in the OH8 MTT schedule around 6:30pm. Is there room to build upon the current momentum and add either a crazed £1.10 rebuy PLO8 BH with a trial guarantee around £50? Or maybe a £11 PLO8 BH with a £200 guarantee? I wouldn't be playing a £1.10 rebuy PLO8 BH very often myself but it could be carnage and a lot of fun and it would be nice to see the schedule grow. Personally would like to see an £11, the old £11 we had was at a much later time but still had in excess of 40 runners on occassion. Such a tourney in a prime slot at 6:30pm could do very well and maybe encourage some of the Holdem MTT grinders to return.
    Posted by markycash
    I like the idea of an £11 at 6.30, I would definitely play that as often as possible (i.e. work and wife permitting).
  • edited June 2017
    Oh dear please no more plo8 mtts, having a knock on affect on plo8 dym traffic :(.

• edited June 2017
    Oh dear please no more plo8 mtts, having a knock on affect on plo8 dym traffic :(.
    Posted by gerardirl
    They haven't seemed too bad lately when I have joined some.

Especially considering Mr T hasn't been playing.
  • edited June 2017
    Posted by gerardirl

I know this format of omaha pl08 is not everybody's cup of tea but come on gerardirl give it a go for a week, you never know you might enjoy it.  

Agree with Enut about the £11 at 18:30 would play as much as i could depending on overtime at work etc ( i do like my overtime iam a greedy boy). Also noticed numbers for the £5.50 games seem pretty good lately if this continues hopefully it will justify a £11 game.

• edited June 2017
    The problem I have is the time it takes safc.

The 40 min duration for dyms suits perfect, I dont have poker interferring with my personal life but mtts would cause a problem :(

But thats just me

Ger

• edited June 2017
    The problem I have is the time it takes safc. The 40 min duration for dyms suits perfect, I dont have poker interferring with my personal life but mtts would cause a problem :( But thats just me Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    I manage to be finished with plenty of my MTT's in well under 40 minutes ger :-)
  • edited June 2017
    The problem I have is the time it takes safc. The 40 min duration for dyms suits perfect, I dont have poker interferring with my personal life but mtts would cause a problem :( But thats just me Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Fair comment m8. GL at the tables gerardirl
  • edited June 2017
    Any chance for movement on a 6:30pm £11 PLO8 BH in line with the feedback ITT Sky__James?

I have spoke to a couple of people who do not post on the forum and this should breeze past a £200 guarantee. I haven't checked the £2.20 takeup during the last week but I assume it has been filling the required player quota as it seemed to have established itself quite well.
  • edited June 2017
    Traffic in these games was definitely slightly above average today. However it does look like there is oceans of room to add an £11 PLO8 BH @ 6:30pm and possibly also a £1+ PLO8 BH at some point in the evening.

Tournament

Time & Date

Guarantee

Entries/Prize pool

Percentage above/below guarantee

£2.20 PLO8 BH

5:30pm - 25th June

£50

48/£96

+92%

£5.50 PLO8 BH

7:15pm - 25th June