You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Suspected Seating Script

edited May 2017 in Priority
I have long had suspicions about a certain "reg" who plays low stakes cash generally. He constantly will pop up on tables and snap leave if there are no weaker players on the table, and just now a player who I tagged shall we say politely a weaker player after one hand, was joined by said reg sitting to his left almost immediately.    

Does anyone have similar thoughts? 

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Seat scripts probably exist but what you expereinced is unlikley to be that.

You dont need to sit at a table to see who's playing, which makes the behaviour you saw unlikley to be a script, specifically sitting then exiting straight after is pointless because you can see who is playing before sitting, if anything thats occourance makes it less likley the person is using some seat script.

Also it's going really hard to classify "weak players" for any script because p/l is not tracked in cash and most people at low stakes will have pretty similarily bad play stats like VPIP etc. It'd be more of a concern for higher stake games for sure though where non-regs could easily be classified, wheras finding a non reg 2nl player isn't really something to write home about.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Suspected Seating Script:
    Seat scripts probably exist but what you expereinced is unlikley to be that. You dont need to sit at a table to see who's playing, which makes the behaviour you saw unlikley to be a script, specifically sitting then exiting straight after is pointless because you can see who is playing before sitting, if anything thats occourance makes it less likley the person is using some seat script. Also it's going really hard to classify "weak players" for any script because p/l is not tracked in cash and most people at low stakes will have pretty similarily bad play stats like VPIP etc. It'd be more of a concern for higher stake games for sure though where non-regs could easily be classified, wheras finding a non reg 2nl player isn't really something to write home about.
    Posted by SkootaT

+ 1

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I made a thread about this awhile back one higher stake reg just kept insta sitting me, I accidentally sat at a empty way higher stake table than I play and he insta sat on my left I stood he stood, thought that was weird tried it on another table and he wasn't insta sat again I mean insta aswell as though he clicked sit me down at the exact same timr
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I open sit every table at the stakes I play (I should add that I play anyone who sits)

I have noticed that as soon as a fish joins my table, regs will instantly sit to play vs the fish and leave when the fish leaves. I honestly believe that no seating scripts can exist on sky, it's just a case that bumhunting regs will open every table, quickly notice when a weaker player sits, then sit themselves. 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Suspected Seating Script:
    I open sit every table at the stakes I play (I should add that I play anyone who sits) I have noticed that as soon as a fish joins my table, regs will instantly sit to play vs the fish and leave when the fish leaves. I honestly believe that no seating scripts can exist on sky, it's just a case that bumhunting regs will open every table, quickly notice when a weaker player sits, then sit themselves. 
    Posted by kimdongun
    I assume "I play anyone who sits" only refers to 6 max tables when the player who sits is a fun player ?