You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

internet

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat
nothing to do with poker i know but what internet do people use? me im with sky and it so unreliable i need a new one.
cost is not the issue. when it rains my net goes now if i lived in spain it wouldnt bother me.
im thinking of switching to plusnet has any had any problems with them?
thanks
micky

Comments

• edited May 2017
    In Response to internet:
    nothing to do with poker i know but what internet do people use? me im with sky and it so unreliable i need a new one. cost is not the issue. when it rains my net goes now if i lived in spain it wouldnt bother me. im thinking of switching to plusnet has any had any problems with them? thanks micky
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    I have cable and I use Virgin, in all honest my speed and connection is very good.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to internet:
    nothing to do with poker i know but what internet do people use? me im with sky and it so unreliable i need a new one. cost is not the issue. when it rains my net goes now if i lived in spain it wouldnt bother me. im thinking of switching to plusnet has any had any problems with them? thanks micky
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    If you transfer to any ISP it will be delivered over the same copper wires to your house. There must be a reason which is most likely a line fault. Not easy to convince SKY Broadband though ... been there
  • edited May 2017
    I use THE internet (there's only one ;-) ) but to access it I use Sky (fibre) these days. 100% reliable even though in the beginning I did have my worries. They bought out the previous company I was with who were superb, but Sky have been great.

Zen are also very good (use them at work).

But as Boxster alludes to - so much is also dependant on your local situation. Remember this country is generally a bit '3rd world' in relation to internet connections and mobile connections.
    Micky I'd say you could well have a physical problem that needs sorting.

• edited May 2017
    ive had problems for ages obviously ive had bt out who say its sky and had sky out who say its bt. both of which ive had to pay for. no more money going to either so will try elsewhere, 
    thanks for responses 

micky
  • edited May 2017
    Hi Micky.... Horrible situation. I used to have the same with TALKTALK normal broadband. As soon as my contract was up, I looked around for best deal, and last August it was with SSE. 
    I got Superfast fibre b'band and Line Rental and free calls to landlines etc, for £21 per month, which I think is pretty good tbh (you defo need Superfast fibre, but that is only delivered to your nearest little exchange box. The further you are from the Open Reach exchange box, the slower your b'band will be). 
    SKY are still doing a similar type deal I think, and BT were, and no doubt they all will be again.
    SALES usually start in June, but go on Martin Lewis... Moneysavingexpert.com site..... and type in best deal on whatever you want. I swear by it.

Though i have had slight issues if I have 3 tables up, but I think thats coz I play thru Chrome. Then again I have 4 others in the house online at same time too.

Hope this helps mate, but defo get Superfast fibre if you can.

EDIT: I think PLUSNET is now part of BT, so should be good mate

• edited May 2017
    Got the bog standard sky internet that came with TV package. Runs 6 tables + browsing + kodi box so fine by me.
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: internet:
    Got the bog standard sky internet that came with TV package. Runs 6 tables + browsing + kodi box so fine by me.
    Posted by jimb0d1

wouldn't mention KODI boxes..... can now get up to 10years imprisonment for illegal streaming on them.... eeek !

• edited May 2017
    Go with Zen Internet (https://www.zen.co.uk).

A bit pricier but reliability and service is topnotch. They've been going since 1995.

• edited May 2017
    Dial-up with AOL :)
  • edited May 2017
    Posted by markycash
    you must have shares in AOL marky
  • edited May 2017
    Posted by markycash

That explains the slowrolls then :)
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: internet :   That explains the slowrolls then :)
    Posted by pomfrittes

LMAO....... nice one Pom

GOOD LUCK in Vegas