You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Vegas Itinerary Question

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat

Just a very quick question, does anyone know when the initial Sky welcome bash thingy is due to happen in Vegas?

I've asked support and they don't know as the schedule hasn't been finalised yet. The thing is we are looking at spending a couple of days in New York before heading to Vegas but can't really book flights until we know when the welcome party is. I wouldn't want to miss it after all! Anyone got a 'best guess' answer based on previous years? Tikay? 

Ta muchly

Paul

Comments

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Vegas Itinerary Question:
    Just a very quick question, does anyone know when the initial Sky welcome bash thingy is due to happen in Vegas? I've asked support and they don't know as the schedule hasn't been finalised yet. The thing is we are looking at spending a couple of days in New York before heading to Vegas but can't really book flights until we know when the welcome party is. I wouldn't want to miss it after all! Anyone got a 'best guess' answer based on previous years? Tikay?  Ta muchly Paul
    Posted by Enut
    Last year it was on the first evening of the official trip dates.

• edited May 2017
    In Response to Vegas Itinerary Question:
    Just a very quick question, does anyone know when the initial Sky welcome bash thingy is due to happen in Vegas? I've asked support and they don't know as the schedule hasn't been finalised yet. The thing is we are looking at spending a couple of days in New York before heading to Vegas but can't really book flights until we know when the welcome party is. I wouldn't want to miss it after all! Anyone got a 'best guess' answer based on previous years? Tikay?  Ta muchly Paul
    Posted by Enut
    Hi Paul,

I don't have the date yet, but it is usually the first night of the booked trip, the day you are first booked in to Palazzo.

Not to denigrate it in anyway, but if it is a choice between an extra day in New York, & the Sky Poker Viva Las Vegas Welcome Drinks evening, I know what I'd choose.

The evening starts in a sort of suite in Palazzo which we hire for the evening. It has a free bar, with unlimited alcohol & soft drinks, and a finger buffet of sarnies, pastries & the like.

We sort of chill and chat for a few hours, then the children start playing beer pong and the like (TommyD is impossibly good, DontTellMum is hopeless), after which the youngsters move on to a night of alcohol and debauchery at various clubs and bars (Sam leads the way) whilst the more sensible and more mature types go play some poker or whatever. The 9pm Rio Deepstack is a favourite destination for the more sensible sorts. Think Matt Bates cashes in it most nights. 

Thing is, we all see each other most days, so whilst it's a good evening, maybe an extra day in New York might be more sensible.  
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Itinerary Question:
    In Response to Vegas Itinerary Question : Hi Paul, I don't have the date yet, but it is usually the first night of the booked trip, the day you are first booked in to Palazzo. Not to denigrate it in anyway, but if it is a choice between an extra day in New York, & the Sky Poker Viva Las Vegas Welcome Drinks evening, I know what I'd choose.   The evening starts in a sort of suite in Palazzo which we hire for the evening. It has a free bar, with unlimited alcohol & soft drinks, and a finger buffet of sarnies, pastries & the like.   We sot of chill and chat for a few hours, then the boys start playing beer pong and the like (TommyD is impossibly good, DontTellMum is hopeless), after which the youngsters move on to a night of alcohol and debauchery t various clubs and bars (Sam leads the way) whilst the more sensible and more mature types go play some poker or whatever. The 9pm Rio Deepstack is a favourite destination for the more sensible sorts. Think Matt Bates cashes in it most nights.  
    Posted by Tikay10

You forgot to mention the utterly massive open fire. You know... That big elaborate fire that I guess is there in case anyone is a bit chilly in the 100 degree heat...
  • edited May 2017
    The welcome party will be on the 10th July. We will distribute an itinerary in the next few weeks although it is mostly now nailed down if you have further questions.
  • edited May 2017
    ........... then the children start playing beer pong and the like (TommyD is impossibly good, DontTellMum is hopeless), after which the youngsters move on to a night of alcohol and debauchery at various clubs and bars (Sam leads the way) whilst the more sensible and more mature types go play some poker or whatever.

Posted by Tikay10

Thanks Tikay!

I guess most people are aiming to have a trip of a lifetime and hopefully win some cash at the tables. My main ambition for the trip is to try and show my other half that not all poker players are a bunch of drunken, gambling addicted degenerates. Might be best if we don't arrive in time for the initial party then!

I have also promised to only play the tournament Sky enters me into as she is busy planning things to do on every other day. I'm sure I can get the odd hour here or there to rail the real poker players though.

• edited May 2017
    The welcome party will be on the 10th July. We will distribute an itinerary in the next few weeks although it is mostly now nailed down if you have further questions.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Thanks Sam, if you have anything concrete can you message me with it, or post here please?
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Vegas Itinerary Question : Last year it was on the first evening of the official trip dates.
    Posted by markycash
    Thanks Mark, look forward to meeting you out there at some stage, I'm keeping an eye on your thread confident that you'll win a trip. 
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Itinerary Question : Thanks Sam, if you have anything concrete can you message me with it, or post here please?
    Posted by Enut

I think Tikay will be your man for that
  • edited May 2017
    ........... then the children start playing beer pong and the like (TommyD is impossibly good, DontTellMum is hopeless), after which the youngsters move on to a night of alcohol and debauchery at various clubs and bars (Sam leads the way) whilst the more sensible and more mature types go play some poker or whatever. Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay! I guess most people are aiming to have a trip of a lifetime and hopefully win some cash at the tables. My main ambition for the trip is to try and show my other half that not all poker players are a bunch of drunken, gambling addicted degenerates. Might be best if we don't arrive in time for the initial party then! I have also promised to only play the tournament Sky enters me into as she is busy planning things to do on every other day. I'm sure I can get the odd hour here or there to rail the real poker players though.  
    Posted by Enut

If she meets me at the welcome party, can I apologise now!
  • edited May 2017
    We will be doing a Las Vegas strip tour on the 11th. This will also be the time when players are entered into their preferred starting day for the Little One for One Drop. The entry this year promises to be a little smoother than previous years as the WSOP have the names of our qualifiers. A trip to Top Golf will take place on the evening of the 12th and there will be a leaving party on the 16th. There may well be more but that will distributed to all qualifiers in advance. 
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Itinerary Question : I think Tikay will be your man for that
    Posted by MattBates
    Subtle :D
  • edited May 2017
    We will be doing a Las Vegas strip tour on the 11th. This will also be the time when players are entered into their preferred starting day for the Little One for One Drop. The entry this year promises to be a little smoother than previous years as the WSOP have the names of our qualifiers. A trip to Top Golf will take place on the evening of the 12th and there will be a leaving party on the 16th. There may well be more but that will distributed to all qualifiers in advance. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Hi Sam, re the bolded bit, can you just explain how many flights there are and how many days it is scheduled to run.
      My understanding is flight A on the Tuesday, flight B on Wednesday and play to finish on Thursday. I could be wrong
      as I am sure I read a post by Enut that he thought there were 3 days play, assuming run good and a whole lotta luck obv.
  • edited May 2017
    I get nothing but dog's abuse on here.
  • edited May 2017
    @Pomfrittes

The structure sheet will explain all of this, click here.

Basically there are 3 separate 'days of play' although day 1 has several flights which all start on different days.

The day 1 flights are the 11th, 12th or 13th. 

Day 2 should be the 14th and day 3 the 15th.
  • edited May 2017
    I get nothing but dog's abuse on here.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    No need to thank me, the pleasure is mine.
  • edited May 2017
    @Pomfrittes The structure sheet will explain all of this,  click here . Basically there are 3 separate 'days of play' although day 1 has several flights which all start on different days. The day 1 flights are the 11th, 12th or 13th.  Day 2 should be the 14th and day 3 the 15th.
    Posted by markycash
    Ah I see, I read the structure sheet to mean that it just played on 11th, 12th and 13th. There is no mention of play on 14th or 15th on the structure sheet. I queried it with support and said I only thought there was one flight, they didn't correct me. Are you sure on the days of play Mark?

Anyway I think I'm entered for 11th and, in order to maintain peace and harmony, aim to be out by the end of level 2.  
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Itinerary Question : Ah I see, I read the structure sheet to mean that it just played on 11th, 12th and 13th. There is no mention of play on 14th or 15th on the structure sheet. I queried it with support and said I only thought there was one flight, they didn't correct me. Are you sure on the days of play Mark? Anyway I think I'm entered for 11th and, in order to maintain peace and harmony, aim to be out by the end of level 2.  
    Posted by Enut
    I think last year's winner of this event got over $500,000-that buys a LOT of peace and harmony...
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Vegas Itinerary Question : Ah I see, I read the structure sheet to mean that it just played on 11th, 12th and 13th. There is no mention of play on 14th or 15th on the structure sheet. I queried it with support and said I only thought there was one flight, they didn't correct me. Are you sure on the days of play Mark? Anyway I think I'm entered for 11th and, in order to maintain peace and harmony, aim to be out by the end of level 2.  
    Posted by Enut
    No, 11th, 12th & 13th are separate OPENING FLIGHTS (Technically, Events 74A, 74B & 74C).

The structure sheet is very poorly worded, but 14th will be Day 2 & 15th Day 3.
  • edited May 2017
    Posted by Enut
    Yup, if you visit here you will see 3 x day 1 starting flights listed, 74a, 74b and 74c on the 11th, 12th and 13th respectively. It is a '3 day event' with 3 days of play so days 2 & 3 have to be on the 14th & 15th.

P.S. If you scroll down the tourneys on the link you will see the first flight '74a' has "5 days" written underneath. The 5 days are...

Day 1 - Flight 74a - 11th July
    Day 2 - Flight 74b - 12th July
    Day 3 - Flight 74c - 13th July
    Day 4 - Day 2 of play with all flights pooled - 14th July
    Day 5 - Day 3 of play - 15th July 
  • edited May 2017
    Posted by Enut
    The starting day you gave when replying to our initial email is not set in stone so you can play on any of the day 1s. We will accommodate whichever date you pick and will take you final decision on which day you would like to play, at the welcome party.
  • edited May 2017
    1 question how long will the free bar last? 
  • edited May 2017
    1 question how long will the free bar last? 
    Posted by rspca12
    Long enough to keep you happy.